Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    mikey

As far as I know, Jeffer still works for “Precision Bob” as we call him. Bob did most of my machine work for the GreenTeam, along with S.G. Kimball, and Ray Anderson at Broadway Auto Parts. It was sad to hear about Joe Winnie, he was a pretty nice guy outside of the race car, in the car a totally different persona, not dirty, but super aggressive. Him and Robbie had some fierce battles over the years at Accord. When Bob Green wrecked at Accord(the race ended his career and almost his life), it was a Syracuse Qualifier. Rob was leading at that point, he had passed Winnie for the lead about 3 or 4 laps before the crash. There were about 20 laps to go at the time. Joe got together with all the other drivers and they decided to call the race and give Rob the win. Rob said “no way, that’s not right”. Joe said to him,”You better look at that left front tire, dude”. It was flat!! Rob said I’ll take my chances, shook every drivers hand and thanked them, and went on to win the race. It was a hell of a race!! Winnie did every trick in the book to get by Rob, and at one point did get under him going into 3, but Rob never lifted, and held him off for the win, flat tire and all. Great times, and I’m really glad that you know, or have heard of a lot of my friends from racing. Makes me feel good …………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

mikey

Dino, yes, I’ve been ported(for the Chemo), and polished(by the Radiation), so you are sorta correct. Friday finished my 5th week of both, and now I’ve just got Monday and Tuesday for Radiation, and Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for the Chemo and I’m done for about 30 days. Then I see the Surgeon and go from there. So far things are going well. :mrgreen:

babycakes
            Participant

Mikey,I hear Accord is paying some ‘decent’ payouts since the ‘new’ owner ( I think his name is Palmer?) took over purchasing it from Dave Flach. It;s drawing the ‘big’ guns from Middletown and the Valley,putting on quite a show! Also,Tyler’s grandson, is getting a ‘good’ reputation as a ‘tough’ competitor to deal with! The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree! Like you say Mikey,good ‘ole’ memories of the ’roundy-round’ days! 😉 😀 Pete.

mikey

OK, A little “Toy” update, and a medical update too. My good friend Ralph Pagan, who I have been helping with some engine and exhaust system work, bought me a new set of seat belt harnesses for “Papa’s Toy”, and also a set of shoulder harness pads so the belts don’t hurt my Chemo Port. Ralph and his son RC came over and did most of the swap out for me, only let me “supervise”. I also relocated my cooling fan switch to a more convenient location and used a heavier amp switch to help carry the load. I’m now working on the alternator brackets and adjustment arms, then I’ll do the front end alignment. Now for the Medical update. Went to see the Surgeon today, and she set a tentative date of either January 28th or the 31st. I go back for a check-over to her office on the 27th. I will probably have a “bag” after surgery so the bowel has time to heal, that is if they can re-attach both ends. The Radiation tends to damage a lot of tissue and blood vessels, so they need a certain amount of good area on both ends to re-connect things successfully. If not, I’ll have a “bag” permanently. I’m hoping for option #1. Then, either way, 4 to 6 months of Chemo with the temporary (hopefully) “bag”. And there you have it! I’m really nervous about all of this, but it has to be done. I will keep you all updated as time passes, and thanks for all the support. My family and I really appreciate it. …………….Mikey :mrgreen:

patina
                    Participant

Good Luck Mikey our prayers go out to you. Keep the faith.

Pat

babycakes
                        Participant

Mikey,thank you for sharing the latest updates on your condition and treatments. Hang in there buddy,a bit of a tough road ahead for ya, however think ‘positive’ and I speak for all of us ODF’s , our prayers and thoughts are with you every step of the way for a ‘full’ recovery!!! We’re all anxious to see ‘you’ and ‘Papa’s Toy’ at the ‘Valley’ this year,run some high 9 ‘s down the 1/4 mile!!!

mikey

OK, here we go!! For all of you ODF’rs, that have been following my health issues, here’s the latest “poop”(pun intended, Rectal Cancer). Today, the 27th, is our 35 Anniversary, so that should be a good Omen. Went to see my Surgeon for my last “anal inspection”, and she was very happy with the results from the Chemo and Radiation treatments. She does not foresee any problems with the surgery, and is very upbeat, which keeps Theresa and me upbeat too. Surgery will be this Friday, the 31st, at ten AM. I’ve been talking to John Shimer about 3 times a week, and he keeps “his crew” up to date on my health. Either my wife or me will call him after the surgery and give him an update. I think either Shimer, Frank Majuskas, or V-Bob will make a post on the Dover Site to keep the rest of you updated. Thanks for all the support, my family and I appreciate it greatly. I also want to thank a few guys that have really been my “leaning posts” over the past several months. Shimer, Frank, Pete(Babycakes), V-Bob, and Tom Blake. You guys are the best!! If I forgot anyone, please know that I love you all!!! ……….Mikey :mrgreen:

hvy70ss
                                Participant

Mikey…Good luck with the surgery, we’ll keep you in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at this years Dover race.

Bobby Smith

tomblake
                                    Participant

The best to you Friday, sounds like things could be going good. We will be thinking of you and you will be in are prayers.

patina
                                        Participant

All the best to you Mikey our prayers and positive thoughts for you.

Pat

john-sachs-sr
                                            Participant
                                                quote HVY70SS:

Mikey…Good luck with the surgery, we’ll keep you in our prayers. Looking forward to seeing you at this years Dover race.

Bobby Smith

Couldn’t be said better.
                                                John

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mikey, we all know this has been one ‘tough’ race for you ( health wise), but rest assured, all of us are cheering you on, and you’ll be ‘finally’ turning that ‘WIN’ light on!!! Keep that ‘faithful’ pedal to the metal for a ‘quick’ recovery after the surgery ! May our thoughts and prayers join you to win this race. Bless you ODF brother! Pete.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Just talked to Mikey…He’s staying active helping a friend today work on his Monte Carlo. Oh …He let the cat out of the bag ….Cassies pregnant! .She wasn’t expecting It, but now she IS. So ‘grandpa-to- Be ” Mikey is in good spirits and doing well. He’ll keep me posted.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Oh boy Dino! Get ready to replace the lettering on the Willys doors from ‘Papa’s Toy’, to ‘Grandpa’s Toy’ 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

mikey

Just thought that I would throw this out there. Cass and Kevin have been together for a little over 2 yrs. The Marriage was already planned for December since early September. So, the child is a surprise for all of us. This will be Grandchild #4. We have Dylan, 11, who I got my “earring” with, his sister Izzy(Isabella) 6, and another boy by another daughter, Brycen, 2.
                                                                Stay warm, people. ………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.