Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

I just got word from John Shimer (ROXREC) that Mikey called him and the operation
        went well. Mikey is already back in his room recovering. He’ll probably be in the hospital
        a few days to make sure everything is “A OK”. Mikey wants to thank everyone for all their
        thoughts and prayers. He really appreciates it !! I’m sure that Mikey will give us a complete
        update as soon as he is able to. In the meantime, we’ll continue our prayers for him…ty

Frank… 😎

tomblake
        Participant

Good new to hear, Mikey doing good. Thanks

babycakes
            Participant

Frank THANK YOU and John for the update on Mikey’s operation. “GREAT” to hear everything went well, and hopefully recovers quickly!!! Pete.

super-sport-pete

MIKEY, how are you doing so far? Pete.

dino
                    Keymaster

MIKEY ! …Hang In Guy ….sounds like you’re handling it all well.

babycakes
                        Participant

Mikey, John contacted me on update, I LOVE HEARING ‘GOOD’ NEWS! Keep that ‘positive’ attitude….it works!!! 😉 😀 . Pete.

super-sport-pete

Good thread on jalopyjournal.com. . Quain Stott, the pro- mod racer doing an “old school” Willys. 18 pages Check it out._

mikey

Hey guys, hope all is well. I’m, just making a short post to let you all know that I’m ok. Main surgery went very well, but there were some complications that set in about 3 days later that were terrible. I’ll be on again when I feel stronger. Thanks for sticking by me. …………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Mikey, thank you for the update, and get well soon, meanwhile ‘rest’ !!!! Pete.

mikey

Feeling better every day. 😀 Been working on the car, mostly front suspension parts. Also put a bigger Amp alternator on the car. 😉 Changed the oil and filter, and a friend and I washed and polished the “Toy” to a high luster. 😯 I’m going to Lakelands 1/8th mile tomorrow with the car, but I won’t be driving, my friend Juan Carlos Diaz will have the honor. 😮 I’m not comfortable trying to drive it at the track yet. 😕 ……………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

I will try to take some pics and videos.

patina
                                            Participant

Good luck Mikey, I know what you mean about not being comfortable, I literally am not comfortable because I don’t fit in the car. Brother Mike is a better fit in the car.

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mikey, ‘GOOD LUCK”, and have “FUN”!!! Gonna seem strange to you, someone else driving your ‘ Toy’!!! And,I’m hoping your happy and satisfied with the front suspension modification you made? 🙄 😀 😉 Pete.

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Mikey….Glad to hear your feeling better. Waiting to see the pictures and videos.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Mikey…loose the green…my eyes hurt…Feeling Better GOOD….see, the big guy upstairs heard the prayers ! ….

mikey

Dino, is this green better?? Anyway, I was wrong about which track we were going to yesterday. We went to Orlando Speed worlds 1/4 mile. The place was like a madhouse, and were were only able to make 3 passes. All 3 were in the 10.70s at 121mph. Good day for Juan to get used to the car, where all the switches and other things are, and he decided to foot brake the car until he’s used to the “feel” of the car. It was very strange to see my car go down the track, like looking down on yourself from a cloud. I’m happy with the car so far, but I don’t think it will see a 9 second pass without some serious “tweaks”, and maybe not even then. I think what I’ve got is a good low to mid 10 second car, and I’m happy with that. We also never went over 6850 RPMs. not sure how far to push it, but I’m probably going to try up to 7200. I just want the car to be consistent. Well, hopefully I’ll have some pics and videos to post soon.
                                                                ……………..Mikey :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.