Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    mikey

I seem to have hit a home run somehow. I have been collecting parts, as you guys know, to build a 383 motor for my Willys. I have all the parts I need to do this right now. Then, I got looking around the shop, and I see another engine that I had forgotten about, sitting in a corner. I yanked it out and put it on the engine stand, and start disassembling it. Pulled the heads, a little water in a couple of cylinders, squirted some solvent in them, checked out the heads, and they look good. Then I start to clean out the cylinders a little, and the pistons are marked .030. Well hell, then I take a good look at the sides of the block, and guess what?? Only 2 freeze plugs!! It’s a 400 30 over block!! Well, I think you know where this is headed, I’m building the 400!!I’m having the block bored another .030, so it will be 60 over, or 410 cubic inches. Ordered the pistons Monday, got them today. I will use the Eagle Crank that I got for the 383, I just have to get the special Main Bearings to fit the 350 style crank in the 400 block. I’ve also got the 6″ Eagle Rods, and several other parts. As Tomatohead would say” Horsepower is where you find it”, I found mine in the garage!! …………….Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
        Participant

Talk about ‘the luck of the Irish’ Mikey!!! Hidden ‘treasure’, right in your garage! GO FOR IT MIKEY! 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

kman
            Participant

i wish i had a garage like that !!!! …

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Hey Mikey, It might be time to take a good inventory of your garage ❗
                    You may find some other goodies in there ❗ 😆 Good for you Buddy ❗
                    You’re definitely over due for some good luck ❗

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                    Participant

Mikey,I know you were talking about it,is it still on painting your Willys Bill (‘Speed’) Casey orange??? Just curious? 🙄 .Pete.

mikey

It’s on the back burner for now. :mrgreen:

mikey

The Orange paint and the lettering will have to wait until the performance work is done. 😉 I really don’t think Billy will mind. 😯 He’ll be watching the engine build very closely, and I’m sure I will get a little whisper now and then as to what I need to do next!! 😮 I brought the 400 block out to the machine shop: hot tank, cam bearings, bore another .030, check the align bore, deck it at least .010. 😆 Once I get the block back, I will start posting pictures of all the parts and the build. 😀 Once the 400 is done, I’ll see if I’ve got enough parts left to build the 383 as a spare short block, or just sell it. 🙄 The 400 will actually be 412.45999875, or 413 cubic inches. The 383 will actually be 384.37368, or 384 cubic inches. The 413 is .060 over, and the 384 is .040 over. :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                Participant

CLEAR THE RUNWAY!!!! Mikey’s going ‘full’ bore!!!! ‘LOVE’ hearing this stuff! Thanks Mikey! 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

mikey

A friend of mine found some old pictures of me and my C/Gas Nova. They are not that great, but I wanted to post them. That was my favorite Race Car until I got the Willys. 😆 :mrgreen:

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Mikey…They kinda look like ‘screen shots” from old 8mm film…Ask your buddie IF that’s what he did.

mikey

Dino, it was Frank Lucato, “Nova Man”. He got them off of a DVD that he has. :mrgreen:

mikey

I had an appointment with my Chemo Dr. today, and he feels that I’m ready to be “reconnected”. He does have a couple of minor concerns, but feels that everything is good. Next step is to talk to the Surgeon, and that happens on Monday. Hopefully, finally, things are moving in the right direction. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Great to hear Mikey. Good luck with minor concerns.

mleroux
                                                        Participant

😀 😀 Good luck Mikey , we are all pulling for you , 😀 😀 😀

kman
                                                            Participant

prayers sent my friend… kick ass !!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.