Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

O.k Doctor Mikey,the ‘heartbeat’ is all prepped in the O.R engine room,ready for assembly;proceed with the operation,using your technical skills! Seriously Mikey,LOOKING GOOD!!!!….Pete 😛

dino
        Keymaster

I see you have a “Secret Weapon” ….what part of the motor do these get installed ?

Attachments:

mikey

Dino, those are for the fuel cell, to prevent “slosh”. And if you believe that, I have this bridge………………… 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Seriously, it’s nice to know that Tom Blakes and my escapades are keeping some of you ODF’s occupied and out of trouble. I’m also open to any suggestion, within reason, of course.

dino
                Keymaster

Slosh Balls ! Yes -made by Mattel Fuel Cells…sounds like a medical problem.

gramdog1
                    Participant

Gee,I thought those were”spaced-out ball joints”. 😆 😆

mikey

Where did all these “ball busters” come from?? 😕 🙄 Oh, I ordered a new one piece tapered ring compressor, I’ll have it Friday. Plenty of other little things to do. Most important would be to assemble the rest of the pistons and rods, and put those damn “spiral-locs” on. I hate those things!! 4 of them on each piston!! I can also finish up my right front suspension assembly, and a couple of other things. …………………..Mikey 😆

masracingtd1167
                            Participant

Mickie you know what’s worse than trying to put in spiral lock’s it’s taking them out.You will love that tapered ring compressor it makes it a pleasure to install your pistons.

john-sachs-sr
                                Participant

Mikey,
                                    Spirolocks are the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😮 Easy to get in and out. Spread them, and walk them in with a small screwdriver. 😉
                                    John

dino
                                    Keymaster

Mikey said:
                                        “Where did all these “ball busters” come from?? ”
                                        Required Quialification to be an ODF

mikey

Dino, I think you are correct, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. That’s what friends do. ……………Mikey 😆

mikey
                                                quote john sachs,sr.:

Mikey,
                                                Spirolocks are the greatest thing since sliced bread. 😮 Easy to get in and out. Spread them, and walk them in with a small screwdriver. 😉
                                                John

John, have you been to Florida recently, want to visit and put the damn “spiral-locs” in??? Huh,HMhmhmhmhmhm???

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant

John, have you been to Florida recently, want to visit and put the damn “spiral-locs” in??? Huh,HMhmhmhmhmhm???[/quote]

Mikey,
                                                    If you’re coming down to M&M bring your pistons, and I’ll put them in 1 side,while walking you through it. 😮
                                                    I’m only 5 miles from Rich M.
                                                    John

mikey

Holy Crap!! I had no idea!! Maybe after Rich gets out of the hospital I’ll come down and we can have lunch or something. I’m about 210 miles from Davie, up in Kissimmee. Usually takes me around 3 1/2 hrs. to get there. Oh, I got the new ring compressor today, and it looks sweet!! How much more simple could it get? Now between Tom Blake, my friend Tony Lamb, and myself, we have them in.030, .040, and .060. ………………Mikey 😆

mikey

Got the damn “spiral-locs” in, just kept screwing with them until I found a rhythm. I also found that if you stretch them just a little, you can walk them in most of the way with your fingers. My shortblock is all together, just have to degree the camshaft. That ring compressor is SWEET!!!! Can’t wait to get the heads back and finish this build.
                                                            ……………..Mikey 😆

Attachments:

mikey

Sorry, won’t let me post more than 5. 😥 Hope you like the pictures. ……………….Mikey 😆

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.