Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Mickey Ferro wins alcohol F/C at the Gators 😎 Congrats

Pat

babycakes
        Participant

I know how much all of us complained about the ‘rough’ winter we had this year,however,there’s ‘no’ comparison (not even close!) when you watch on T.V. the herrendous damage and lives lost in Japan with this earthquake’s path of distruction! You can only imagine how many ‘years’ it’s gonna take for this massive cleanup,and what the toll is gonna be on all that were killed by this storm also.Sad very sad.Hopefully the “NUKE” meltdown can be resolved,this is a “BIG” concern!

don-kauer

After spending some military time with the Asian people I have much respect for them ……….. The Asian culture and the people are amazing…Japan in turmoil is so sad and stressful to the point I can’t even watch it on TV anymore…Even in total distress the Japanese are so patient, disciplined, polite and so caring for each other………..I pray for Japan every day…..Can you only imagine if that happened here………..With all our screwed up people and our scumbag government leaders,not only would we be in turmoil but there would be looting ,killing and mass chaos in the streets…..Japan will recover from this but the U.S. in the same situation would not 😥

dino
                Keymaster

Rich At M&M speed lost his “Buddie” Tasha on Sat. Good Pets are better than best Friends some times:

http://mandmspeed.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=693

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

AHHHH, nothing like a nostalgia meal!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMahwBWjJw4 ‘V’

babycakes
                        Participant

Boy V Bob,did you ever bring back a ‘bad’ memory from ‘Nam’.We had that ‘crap in a can’ sea rations for about 3 weeks when we first arrived.Till we set up a ‘base’ camp,we ate that stuff ‘cold’ (still have my p38 can opener).Funny thing though,after a few days and being starved,you ‘kinda’ got used to it.And as time went on.we got smart enough to heat them up on the duce and a half,and generator exhaust manifolds.I remember the cookies and chalk colored chocolate were as hard as a rock also!

don-kauer

Hey, I liked the “rats”……….The peanut butter was good as was the grape juice…And how about the beans and MF’s….Not bad………..V still has his original P38…………… 😀

don-kauer

Happy St. Pats Day to all…… :mrgreen:

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        Very nice haulers for that drag car!
                                        ‘V’
                                        http://www.hodgescustomhaulers.com/default.html

don-kauer

Spent a good part of the day with Roxrec at the home and music studio of my good friend Bob Casey………Hours of great music and great lunch………… 😀 ……As great as Billy was with his racing , Bobby is his equal with sound systems and music………He is so involved in his craft and his incredible collection of music, it’s hard to explain it in a post……….Awesome day…Thank you Bob for a great time and thank you John for setting up the day……….. 😀

don-kauer

Getting ready to leave here in a bit ………………Going to Big Al’s to help set up for th Dover Fest…………See all you guys there…….. 😀

digger

my adress in 1965-66 was south east asia

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote donkauer:

Spent a good part of the day with Roxrec at the home and music studio of my good friend Bob Casey………Hours of great music and great lunch………… 😀 ……As great as Billy was with his racing , Bobby is his equal with sound systems and music………He is so involved in his craft and his incredible collection of music, it’s hard to explain it in a post……….Awesome day…Thank you Bob for a great time and thank you John for setting up the day……….. 😀

What kind of music does Bob Casey produce, and does he have a web site for that…?

don-kauer

Hey Maso……Bobby is not really a producer (although he could be) but more of a D.J. He worked for the USO, Armed Forces Radio and in the private sector in New York…He knows just about everyone and has the largest collection of pre 1970 music that you will find anywhere…..I would go out on a limb and say that the lions share of that music is Big Band and Jazz with a good mix of 50’s Rock & Roll………….Don……. 😀

maso
                                                            Participant

Could somebody get a message to Bob Casey. I want him to know that I have a collection of 33 – 1/3 RPM vinyl blues records that I have collected over the years. About 425 of them. I haven’t been able to use them since my turn table broke down 12 years ago, but I still have all that. I wonder what I should do with them. Maybe I could convert them to CD-ROM or .mp3’s if I knew how.

I wonder what Bob could tell me about that.

Go see: http://www.namm.org/library/oral-history/bob-casey

Viewing 15 posts - 1,726 through 1,740 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.