Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

“fun” Sunday.?…Washed -waxed both family rides…mama’s Ford Escape and the Trick truck…yard work and had the kids helping with everything. Pooped.Will be back at it on Monday.

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Someone said there were 300 cars racing at The Valley today!!!
            I was one of the paying customers but due to a toasted electric water pump in the staging lanes I was a spectator all day!
            Thanks go out to V Bob Racings version of Austin Coil, Mike and Pete for the BIG hand helping to try and get the Vega down the track!!! OH,Brian and son Edward thanks for the help!
            Hopefully there will be another race day for V Bob Racing !!!

‘V’

babycakes
            Participant

Mike and I were glad to be a helping hand to V Bob,and as disappointing and heartache it was to V Bob,he had the motivation and positive attitude to try and locate a replacement electric water pump (with no aval).The Vega was ready for bear! Looking and sounding GREAT! Still,all in all,it was a good show and turnout,nice to see Bob and Mike again,along with meeting Bob’s sister,and bro-in-law,and also seeing Brian M. and his son Edward.Bob’s words to me after all was said and done.oh well,’that’s racing’!

mikey

Hey, Pete. V-Bob was happy just to be there I’ll bet. I know just how he feels, after towing my car all the way to Island last year, from Florida. I had severe issues with the battery and electrical system, and could only get through one round before the car crapped out. I still had a great time, met some new friends, got to see old friends and acquaintances, won the Longest Distance Towed Award, and I could go on forever! Looking forward to seeing you guys in August. Bob, keep the faith, I want a couple of runs against you this year. ……………..Mikey 😆

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Mikey,thanks for the support!!!
                        A new water pump is on order and I’ll be looking for Papas Toy in the staging lanes in August!!
                        Oh,how are you doing on yours plans for the trip north in August?
                        I have a special ring of of kelbas agin the shed for Dino!

‘V’

mikey

I’m 99% sure that I’ll be there. I just have not decided if I’m driving my Durango again, or maybe renting a small Motorhome. I’ll probably just drive my Durango again, it’s not great on gas, but it’s not a real “hog” either. I’ll just drive until I’m worn out, and stop in at a Hotel on the way up. Not sure when I’ll be leaving, I may get into Newburgh Thursday, visit some friends in the area, stay overnight, and head up to the Valley on Friday to a Hotel. Sure wish I could find someone to share the driving, gas, and Hotel room. No takers as of yet, but I’m hoping. Oh, I built another E85 carb as a back-up for mine, or I’ll loan it to someone if they want to try the E85. It’s cheap, and it works, don’t let anyone tell you different. ………..Mikey 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

Mikey,me and others are happy your coming;it wouldn’t be the same without you,believe me! As a ‘Willys’ nut,I can’t wait to see yours ‘tear up the track’ at Lebanon! Wishing you a ‘safe’ and enjoyable trip up,and hey,it’ll be here before you know it! For sure your “READY” this year!

dino
                                Keymaster

Weather report for Rockingham today….97 with heat index of 105 😯

patina
                                    Participant

I tried “new topics” but that didn’t work; OK I need a “Original Dover Race Car” or accurate clone for a “Dover Drag Strip” display at the Rhinebeck antique motorcycle show. It is at the Rhinebeck fairgrounds on June 10,11,12. I know its short notice. The car will only be for display inside a building, the MG will be there and Brian Marasco will be setting up a table with “Dover Memorabilia” I need to know immediately if not sooner. Call me at 845-758-8756 ASAP or sooner.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Try ‘Purple Haze”.. he’s close…TINY TIM ? (Morehead)…Shimer with Super Pumpkin….BIG AL got something ? DANBURY CREW has a few …all that went to Reunions …Did ya try Vinnie Lyons -Mustang ?

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY

Same weekend as The Valleys Nostalgia Meet !
                                                Pat, does that mean Baby T. wont be racing at The Valley on Sunday the 12th of June?

‘V’

patina
                                                Participant

VB it won’t be there, I’m involved with this Antique Museum and Machinery show that is held in conjunction with the vintage MC show. They asked to have a display of Dover stuff, Brian and I said sure, didn’t realize Capitol Area show was same weekend. Can you give me Roger (bad news) number maybe he would do it.

Pat

mikey

Pat, you might even give Pat Hennebery a call. I heard that he was putting the SIX FIEND back together, and right next door to him is the Vignogna shop, might be something there, he might still have the BEHEMOTH wagon there.
                                                        ………….Mikey 😆

gramdog1
                                                        Participant

HATE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT,BUT HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM MASO? HOPE HE DIDN’T TAKE A WRONG TURN AND WOUND UPIN SOUTH CAROLINA (WHERE THE “WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION NEVER ENDED),OR WORSE,YONKERS 😆 😆

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote Gramdog1:

HATE TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT,BUT HAS ANYBODY HEARD FROM MASO? HOPE HE DIDN’T TAKE A WRONG TURN AND WOUND UP IN SOUTH CAROLINA (WHERE THE “WAR OF NORTHERN AGGRESSION NEVER ENDED), OR WORSE,YONKERS 😆 😆

My new e-mail is: tdelello@centurylink.net and my new phone number is: 828 241 2545

My mailing address is:
                                                                Thomas De Lello
                                                                107 2nd. Ave., N.E.
                                                                Catawba, N.C., 28609

It took me this long to get back online.

I met the former mayor of the town where I’m living now. My old friend from Yonkers and also Halstead took me there for a little BBQ… The old guy still has his Model-A coupe, no fenders and a massive 350 Chevy bolted to a 6-speed transmission and a 5.27:1 rear, in red primer with those cool Hallibrand five spoke wheels. He’s had that since he was a kid…!

Just like the Tomato Head… I got agriculture going on in my back yard…! The lady who owned the house that I just bought must have had a deal with her farming neighbor to cultivate her ( now my ) property. I got Rye Wheat, apples, peaches, dates and grapes going on here and I love it…! I told him that whatever arangement he had with her will continue with me. Beyond my property line he has a lot more stuff like corn and whetever else you can imagine.

I really like it here…

Attn: Dino..We’re almost neighbors now. Keep me posted about any worthwhile Rockingham activities and anything else that I should check out… Okay…?

Viewing 15 posts - 2,011 through 2,025 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.