Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    digger

all i need it to do is release the transbrake and make the high gear shift

masracingtd1167
        Participant

If you put an electric shifter init all you will have to do is let go of the button.And when you go past those lights at the finis line don’t forget to take your foot off the gas pedal .That’s the one on the right ! And step on the one on the left . That’s the brake !

digger

it has an air shifter in it

babycakes
                Participant

Billy,I just want to give credit to your son BJ who did that fabulous (NEAT) wiring job on your rail!

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Babycakes thank you for the compliments I will make sure I pass that on to BJ.

gene-terenzio-sr
                        Participant

Hey Mas,
                            Pretty soon you will have a remote control and run the car from the starting line,
                            Giant slot cars,
                            I don’t like all the new shit
                            takes the driver out of the equation. 😛
                            I even liked when we had to slip the clutch with our foot
                            and a 90 /10 shock absorber.
                            You rember doing that?
                            Gene 😉 😉

dino
                            Keymaster

Gene . . . 4 speeds ! remember them ? real driver talent

gene-terenzio-sr
                                Participant
                                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Gene . . . 4 speeds ! remember them ? real driver talent

You think that was talent,
                                    Ever try power shifting a Cadillac Lasale 3 speed?
                                    Thats what I had in the 39 Ford coupe and 55 Studebaker,
                                    With 401 Buick power.
                                    P/S I don’t remember you driving anything,
                                    What was your car?

babycakes
                                    Participant

Gene,you brought back some ‘olde’ memories when you mentioned Caddy-Lasalle transmissions.Back in the early 60’s,two of my friends had them in there ‘hot rods’.One,a 49 Merc,with a Caddy engine,that one had the 39 ‘floor’ shift,the other was a 53 ‘Studelack’ (Studebaker) also Caddy powered,that had the 40 side shifter trans.A ‘bit’ whine noise I remember,but held up good (at the time) to take the abuse of those big cube Caddy engines.Like you said Gene,’speed shifting’,forget about it! You’d be making weekly trips to the ‘bone’ yard replacing them.Running them in a ‘hot’ car at the drags,they used mostly second and third gears I remember.

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY
                                            I haul mail at night and this came into the repair yard last week from Torrington,Ct.
                                            During last weeks heat wave I think the mail man wished way too hard to have AC in his mail truck!
                                            I was told the unit fell from an 11 story window ,no one was hurt!
                                            ‘V’

Attachments:

ptulli
                                            Participant

Did it have a stamp on it?
                                                PJT

dino
                                                Keymaster

TULLI !

dino
                                                    Keymaster

ATTENTION IN THE PITS!

50th Called off…see the NEW TOPIC

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> click on this:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3020

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                        Participant

Dino, If you can find out how many people will attend, Maybe you can hold it at Lake Genaro,
                                                            in Pa.Theres no zoning here so you can open a whore house if you wanted to,
                                                            Just kidding, Anyway the place can accommodate lots of people,
                                                            If you want to check it out let me know and,
                                                            I will give you the name of the person who owners the place.
                                                            It just a mile from my house so you can park cars here in my yard.
                                                            I can park about 25 cars, Maybe more,
                                                            I have no idea how many cars can park at the site.
                                                            We can run a shuttle to the site.
                                                            Gene

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Gene …Plenty of Other places available…Whole ‘ESSENSE” of the concept was AT THE TRACK LOCATION.Maybe we can ,with More Time …reinvent the thing.

So…….in the Meantime ….look 😮 and listen to this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEszTzdUMcY
                                                                ……….LOT of meanings to the lryics for Us Dover Guys -not just this situation ….video from ’89

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.