Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 2,491 through 2,505 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    gramdog1
    Participant

Speaking of Halloween,this was carved by one of my granddaughters,aged 6.A Cape Cod version of the “YONKERS SMIRK. 😀 😀 😀
        Thought of Billy. 🙁 🙁

tomatohead
        Participant

……….. welll it was a strange 🙄 Halloween with the SNOW 😡 ❗ …..but with the talk of the next years tail – gate party after the racing saturday this is what it looked like the 22nd of oct at Virginia Tech in Virginia where my son is finishing up on 4 yrs there , talk about grillin an chillin 😀 ,we should have plenty of fun with the idea for saturday Nite , …with the BAND ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
            Participant

….It was my first time at a tail gate and there was plenty of food and drink and great weather ❗ 😀 , ….we watched the game later VT beat Boston 30-14 😀 its aways nice when your team wins ❗ 😯

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Very nice Gramdog ❗ She definitely has a future in carving ❗ On Tuesday, it will be 1 year that our beloved friend was taken from us….I’m sure that Billy has a big smile on
                    his face looking down at your granddaughter’s masterpiece ❗ WAY COOL ❗ 😎
                    “Yonker’s Smirk Forever” ❗ ❗ …….ty Gramdog………

Frank……
                    ps…..Hats off to Tomatohead and his family on his son’s accomplishment ❗
                    ps..ps…A very close friend of mine also had his son graduate and commissioned
                    into the Army this weekend at Virginia Tech…An Awesome Weekend ❗ ❗ ❗

tomatohead
                    Participant

….. NOT to forget “BILLY” at ALL 🙁 the colors of VT are “Orange” and “Maroon” 😀 I think Billy would aprove 😉 …………

dino
                        Keymaster
                            quote video Bob:

HEY
                            Dino, we get movies from 50 years ago,wheres the 3rd DDS Race and the 20th DDS Reunion movies???
                            ‘V’

Hold on ‘V ‘…..got a bunch of prioritys first -all computer related.and my computer has some kind of Codec glitch in video card for editting -can’t get the audio up to split the edits right…on top of that my outgoing e-mail just quit AND M&M site is locked down due to Hackers stealing a e-mail address and using it for spamming….the server we use on that is quarenteeing the site while they investigate. My computer going in monday for overhaul.and me and Papasmurph will be digging into THIS site for problems .Other than that …. 😯

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Hey Tomato, What a small world. ❗ …My good buddy’s son and your son graduating this
                                weekend from the same college :! VT is like a small city….There’s a good chance that the
                                two of them never crossed paths.. ❗ ……. 😆 😆 I wish them both the best.. ❗

Frank……..:

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Talking with a guy that usta have a Mustang with DDS kill decals covering the windows.A 67 black 390 mentioned the name Al Faneri.Then talked about a twin to his but silver “Disturbed”.his mind is a little out there so he only remembers bits n pieces!!!
                                    ‘V’

don-kauer

Well after 7 days and 4 hours of NO power I woke up to a warm house with lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a total week from hell…..The power went out last Saturday afternoon and 18″ of the white crap fell (heavy and wet) and the rest is history…….By Sunday morning my property and some of my home was a disaster…No way in or out of the driveway. 7 large Pines were broken and down the length of the driveway, 2 large Willows were scattered over the top 2 acres and another large pine was on the family room of the house 😥 2 days of 3 chain saws and a front loader we finally got a path cleared from the road to the house..Got the large Pine off the family room and repaired the wood burner chiminey and we had our first heat in 2 1/2 days..The generator was running only with three extension cords so Wednesday our neighbor came over and hard wired it to the house…Now we had running water, the fridge, a few lights and heat but not all at the same time………..I used about 7 gallons of fuel a day ….Many trips into town for gas…Lots of frustration and misery here all week…( My 90 year Mother is living here also) You can only imagine what that was like!!!!!! Friday night at 10 PM my generator, after being overworked finally died (blown motor) and we were without the little power that we had…I totally lost it and had a meltdown ❗ ❗ ❗ So life has SUCKED for a long week here in this craphole state…..What a HORRIBLE mistake moving here 🙁 ………………..We have about about $12,000 damage that is not covered by the Ins. Co… Just LUVIN life……………………….

tomatohead
                                        Participant

………. we lost power only for two and a half days and the cable for four , Don glad your up and runnin 😀 ………………………. this is our 10 hp 5000watt gen ,5 gals of gas good for 8 hrs ,will power the whole house just no “microwave oven” 😆 ❗

Attachments:

gene-terenzio-sr
                                            Participant
                                                quote donkauer:

Well after 7 days and 4 hours of NO power I woke up to a warm house with lights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a total week from hell…..The power went out last Saturday afternoon and 18″ of the white crap fell (heavy and wet) and the rest is history…….By Sunday morning my property and some of my home was a disaster…No way in or out of the driveway. 7 large Pines were broken and down the length of the driveway, 2 large Willows were scattered over the top 2 acres and another large pine was on the family room of the house 😥 2 days of 3 chain saws and a front loader we finally got a path cleared from the road to the house..Got the large Pine off the family room and repaired the wood burner chiminey and we had our first heat in 2 1/2 days..The generator was running only with three extension cords so Wednesday our neighbor came over and hard wired it to the house…Now we had running water, the fridge, a few lights and heat but not all at the same time………..

Think about the pioneers,
                                                They had to build there own house,dig a well, dig a hole deep enough for a shittier,MAKE there own candles for lites,
                                                THEN after all of that they had to worry about the Indians burning there new house down
                                                not to mention them killing the settlers.Were a bunch of spoiled brats with all the technology we have
                                                and we still complain about little thing that go wrong, Waite till Christ comes back, If your left behind,
                                                Anything you went true before will seem like a blessing,Better get your house together be for it happens cuz it will happen soon.
                                                Long days and Peace to all. Gene.

babycakes
                                                Participant

Don,I can’t image me going through what you and your family did.It’s devastating,to say the least!!! I only hope the future looks alot brighter,and turns into a ‘positive’ way for your home and family in the near future.

don-kauer

Thank you Gene and Cakes…. 🙂 Good to know you guys are there…..Also Happy belated Birthday to my longtime friend and my Bro, John Sachs…Love you John…You’re the best…… 🙂 Don…….

realmongo
                                                        Participant

We’re a little north of you in southern Bershire County and were lucky this time. Although we got about 30″ of snow, it was so cold most of the white stuff turned light and fluffy up here after the initial snowfall. 2 years ago when that ice storm hit, we were without power for 9 days so I know exactly what life was like for you.

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

…. hey realmongo was that you in that 4 spd class 65 RED Mustang at the last Dover Race at LV ❓ ❓

Viewing 15 posts - 2,491 through 2,505 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.