Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 2,506 through 2,520 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Don, I really feel terrible for what you went through, and are still going through. You never think about this kind of thing happening. I know exactly how you feel, and what you’re going through. Similar things happened to me in 2004 here in Florida. 4 hurricanes, one right after the other came through my area in a span of 1 1/2 months. Two trees down on my house and on both vehicles, major water damage, etc. We were able to buy a 5550 watt generator which helped us to power up some of the house and salvage all that we could. We had to rent a house for 13 months until the damage was repaired, basically a complete rebuild of the house from floors to the roof. I still have that generator, I wired it into the breaker panel, and it has come in very handy over the last 7 years. You owe it to yourself to have one, even if you never really need it again. Mine will run the whole house, including the central air and heat. The best part is that the price has only gone up $25.00 since 2004. From $625 to $650. Glad you and your family are OK. ………….Mikey 😆

maso
        Participant

Yeah…

My house got hit by three of those hurricanes that Mikey’s talking about. That’s another reason why I bailed out of Florida… enuff for me…!!!

realmongo
            Participant
                quote Tomatohead:

…. hey realmongo was that you in that 4 spd class 65 RED Mustang at the last Dover Race at LV ❓ ❓

Nope, I could’nt make that one, but the ’65 is blue and the ’64-1/2 is orange and both have C4 transmissions now.

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

quote video Bob:

HEY
                    Dino, we get movies from 50 years ago,wheres the 3rd DDS Race and the 20th DDS Reunion movies???
                    ‘V’

Hold on ‘V ‘…..got a bunch of prioritys first -all computer related.and my computer has some kind of Codec glitch in video card for editting -can’t get the audio up to split the edits right…on top of that my outgoing e-mail just quit AND M&M site is locked down due to Hackers stealing a e-mail address and using it for spamming….the server we use on that is quarenteeing the site while they investigate. My computer going in monday for overhaul.and me and Papasmurph will be digging into THIS site for problems .Other than that …. 😯

OK ….All back in Action Again…M&M site Back up and fixed by the “Abuse Team” at the server that hosts it And my computer crapped out completely …but my fix-it man ‘cleaned it out. …plus I now have 12meg hi-speed installed ,after 4 days of haggeling with AT&T. Dover Dudes In Don’s area ….lend a hand ! thats what Dover Guys do….Even a call or hug can work wonders. Next time it may be you…..Don! Hang in man …we’re all here for ya. Billy would have a ‘word of wisdom” ….something like ‘thats racin’ ….we don’t quit…tomorrows a nother day-another round.Get a lemon…make lemonaid…got broken wood …make fire wood.

fastlane

DINO QUESTION . I GUY I KNOW HERE FROM STAMFORD ASKED ME ABOUT DUNE BUGGYS RACING AT DOVER ANY INPUT ? 😕 ARE THERE ANY ARCHIVED PHOTOS OR NAMES OR YOUR RECOLLECTION / REMEMBERANCES OF THOSE KINDS OF THINGS V.W. DUBS DRAGRACING UP THERE ? THIS KIDS FATHER WAS LOU MARZULLO FROM STAMFORD CT. SAYS HE RACED AT DOVER WITH THIS KIND OF VEHICLE . FASTLANE . 😎

mikey

I will give you my 2 Cents worth. I remember only 1 VW Bug, it ran in either /MP, or /Gas. It’s the one that got airborne, and sailed over Billy Casey’s car at the end of the 1/4. I was working that day in the Time-slip Booth, and I can close my eyes and still see it coming our way. The other V-Dub that I remember was a fiberglass dune buggy body on a Bug chassis(so to speak) with a roll cage and a highly modified engine. It belonged to a friend of mine, Ed Burgess, who had a sign shop in New Windsor, N.Y. And there you have it! ………………Mikey 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

A few month’s ago,I had asked about the whereabouts of Cy Vigulto,and his Willys P/U (Psyco Willys) ,seems he still is M.I.A.Last I remember,he put a big block in,and had overheating problems,that’s a while back! I thought for sure he’d be at the Dover 3 event,at the Valley,or at the Dover 50,at Big Al’s this year? But he wasn’t.Strange…and I hope he’s doing o.k.Anybody from the ODF hear from Cy lately ?

dino
                                Keymaster

See post at 4th Annual Nostalgia drags…It’s “OFFICIAL”—Aug. 11&12 one week before last year.

gene-terenzio-sr
                                    Participant

This VERY intresting

patina
                                        Participant

Bobby HVY70SS how did you ever make out with your car? Did you run it anymore this year? Do you know Freddie at the “Crank Shop” I think he’s around your way in Montgomory.

Pat

babycakes
                                            Participant

Be leaving for Rhinebeck early tomorrow morning for 10 days of deer hunting (starts Saturday),so I’ll give my computer a break for awhile.Pat D. if you read this,don’t worry if you hear any shooting,it won’t be me,I’m about 8 miles from Red Hook,and using shotgun slugs.Seriously,I’m ‘very’ cautious,and safety minded,hunting the same area for 44 years now,with two good hunting buddies.V Bob,also ‘ready for action’ Saturday in Ct. Catch up with you ODF guys when I get back;meanwhile to ‘all’,a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                Participant

Babycakes,
                                                    Good luck get a buck

mikey

Babycakes, I sold Cy a set of inner tubes for the slicks he wanted to use on the pick-up. We talked on the phone a little, and I really thought he’d be the 3rd Annual. I just don’t know what happened. …………Mikey 😮 😯 😕 😆

super-sport-pete

HI MIKE, cy has been one of the top guys at waterford speedbowl hole shot drags. CHECK OUT 100ft drags.com waterford photos. this looks like fun,but for me they don’t get started till 8:00 pm . they just started another one in long island. pete.

pauljbayarinas

cy is happy running in the 100 foot drags up in mass. i hear he is the champ this year. car dosent get HOT any more. 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 2,506 through 2,520 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.