Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,226 through 3,240 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Dino, that’s exactly how I stopped all the crap from getting through to the M&M Forum. It’s still a pain, but at least they are not on there posting while we’re sleeping. Good job. We have the POWER !! ………………..Mikey 😆

dino
        Keymaster

Just talked to the PapaSmurph …..He’s been up late at night sneaking around the inner workings of the “web’ connection of our site and found out that some jerk Cracked the code to what many forums use as a security block…the “Capcha”…thats the little jumble box of letters and words that you (As A Human) have to copy to register on websites. Well that little feature is owned and was designed by Google. And until Google can redesign and come up with a new hack proof version, most sites using it are going to have the problem that we experianced. The Spammers ‘go right by it’ and get to register. We have stopped that on our forum by ,as previuosly noted, only ole “Fast Mouth here” can activate any account now.

masracingtd1167
            Participant
                don-kauer
                    quote masracingtd1167:

You got it Billy!!!!!!!!!! 😎

vbob
                    Participant

HEY DINO

What happened to the 2011 21st DDS Reunion video I sent you last year the day after the show?
                        Did spammers take it off the site like a lot of the old posted pics?
                        Now you want live feed video on You Tube and pics from the 2012 Reunion????
                        Peps didnt even see last years video yet!

‘V’

dino
                        Keymaster

V-Bob..Never Had That Up …Couldn’t Get Anyone to Rip It down and re-edit it. This isn’t Danbury…Very Small town with limited resources.Anyone can Post At Youtube and give us a link.Raw Footage sent on a ‘veiwable’ disc is not a usable Post. It has to be ripped to a Data folder and actually Uploaded to a little “mini-site” to link to.Takes Real Time both ways…Hour Video Hour to load -hour to rip.That ties up a “business” computer from its original purpose.Thats why YouTube Takes so long to load.They have a program that can take short stuff and convert to Data. The Big Stuff you see posted (8-10 min ) or longer Has Already been converted to Data.I don’t have a Computer Smart Full time employee anymore-( Papasmurph) We (me -too)all got spoiled by that. Now I have to Pay. So at 45. an hour unless somebody wants to support the site a little more…you’ll have to wait . There are NO regular sponsors of this thing like you see on classracer.com and other sites. Classracer gets $150. per MONTH for a banner ad on a catagory Forum heading .They Get $250 a MONTH for a rotating ad at the top of their Forum Index page. They have full time people selling and overseeing the site.I’ve tryed for 4 years to get sponsors,and no one has responded.Store sales Help And so Do ODF memberships ….But since about two years ago(“the Economy” )…thats been pretty sparce.I asked for Help to Moderate the site and got NO replies. So When I can Afford It And Have the time ….new stuff will appear. Spammers don’t take things OFF the site…We completely Reloaded the entire site for a softwear upgrade,At that time after Copying the Whole load to a Temporary Program …we Deleted The Whole thing -then reloaded it back. Some things -like photos didn’t all make the process entirely exact. That costed a bunch And so does the Hosting Package -Domain Name registration-Server connections and Forum softwear. You guys pretty much get a free ride here.Theres now over 1200 NON ODF’s On the Forum.

Oh…If your post of a photo got wasted…You did it once, delete the photo & repost it.

mikey

Hey, Dino. I offered to help you out with the Web Site, and I never got a reply. So, you wanna try that again?? 😈 Maybe I’m not the guy for the “job”, but at least I offered. 🙂 ……………….Mikey 😕

dino
                                Keymaster

Mikey…You Got It …how’de I miss that…gets hecktic here at times..you Told me once but didn’t post it …Be calling you ….Thanks.

dino
                                    Keymaster

What A day…Lettered a Big Rig outside in the heat while playing ping-pong with the forum…Real juggling act wlth “Dover” phone calls -e-mails .As I cut Vinyl was able to post stuff in between working. Working with Papasmurph too…pruning and weeding out past spam crap.Now it looks like a giant thunder storm coming. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET AN AUTOGRAPHED PHOTO From Paul LeMat for me ?…”To Dino – from John Milner” I’ll send ya a shirt. ‘

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Dino, You mean like this one ❓ 😆 Oh, you wanted it made out to you ❓ 😆
                                            Do I still get a shirt ❓ 😆

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

don-kauer

Very cool Frank…He is one of my all time heros 😎 😎 😎 ….Leaving for Big Al’s…..See you guys there 😀

dino
                                                Keymaster
                                                    quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Hey Dino, You mean like this one ❓ 😆 Oh, you wanted it made out to you ❓ 😆
                                                    Do I still get a shirt ❓ 😆

Frank… 😎

Yes Frank …looks like you beat me to it someplace…Kauer leaves at 6 am? what ? they serve breakfast?

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Pat…you cooking Breakfast?

patina
                                                        Participant

Just did , for my wife. 😆 😆 😆

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

hmmm late breakfast huh? yeah we did too…daughter made pancakes…I’ve done enough posting last two days to keep you guys busy for awhile…Your turn…heading out to the movies.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,226 through 3,240 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.