Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,316 through 3,330 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Mikey and Don (along with your wives) are the “BEST’,and beautiful people! Opening your hearts,homes,and love to share with these wonderful,heart warming beautiful children! Unfortunately they grow up too fast it seems;however it doesn’t end there! For all you have given and shared with them continues on throughout your lifetime,and the gift you eventually receive is being ‘grandparents’ It doesn’t get any better than that! Bless you guys!!!!

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Mickey you and you wife are great people may God bless both of you!

mikey

Thanks, guys. It’s something that has given us a lot of satisfaction, and heartaches over the years. Theresa keeps records on all the children that pass through our home, and in the 12 years we’ve been doing it,it’s a little over 100 so far. Some of the kids still stay in touch with us, 2 of them found Tree on Facebook. It’s good to know that you can make a difference. DK, I never new you had adopted 2 daughters, good for you. You met Cassie at Shimers house, along with V Bob, Frank, and Patina.

tomatohead
                Participant

………. MY GOODNESS Mikey 😀 ❗ , you are GOD BLESSED ❗ and I mean that ❗ my kids are both grown up and out , 22 and 20 tears old ❗ ……. pretty much 😆 ❗ my daugther in Long Island still in college ❗ and my son starting his NEW job up by Albany NY , close to the Valley 😀 😀 but I and the MRS miss when they were that young and when there was a THUNDER STORM they would in to our bedroom and I would just pull them over and into the bed and say “GO TO SLEEP” 😀 boy we miss when they were LITTLE ❗ 😀 again GOD BLESS 😀

mikey

Joe, kids are what keeps us young. It’s a little mind boggling to start over with a little one, but she’s been with us almost since birth, and she’s like one of our own. My son John, actually my stepson(he was 4 when I married Tree)is now 38, and is a Shift Supervisor for Penske, at T.G. Lee Dairy In Orlando. That’s where I retired from in 2008. He works on the big trucks, the trailers, and the refrigeration units just like I did. Daughter Michelle is 33, has a 1 year old little boy, and is a Mortgage Processor. Daughter Laura, is 28, and is a stay at home Mom with 2 children, a boy 10, and a girl 5. Daughter Cassie is 18(going on 25), and is a Senior in high school. works part time at Publix Supermarket. Daughter Tiffany is 11 next month, and is in 5th grade. Then there’s Tasha, Dads little helper. It puts a little dent in my racing, but I’m happy with my life.
                        ………………Mikey 😆

dino
                        Keymaster

Hey ! Let hear about your Kids…don’t need a new topic…got one for “Generation Gap” thats for RACING kids-grandkids. Mine ?….Joshua -14 going on 40. He’ll be 15 next month…Teens…. “know It ALL”…was accepted into “Early College” at our Richmond County Community College.Does grades 9-12 and two years of Junior College in only 5 years.His Sister Nicole is 12 and has been straight A since first grade. Had them ‘late’ for me….Whole new generation to deal with…..Music-trends-attitude- ….heck they take computer courses and are way past me with all the I pads-I Pods-Tablets-….some of their courses are like Science Fiction compared to my schooling. Dad’s OLD and they’re correct when I talk about the sixties-seventys…like dinosaur days to them.Neither has any interest in Hot Rods..Took Josh to the Drag Strip-“the cars are too loud And when can we have pizza”….He’s Way deep into contemporary Music…extensive CD collection ….and Nicole Reads -Writes and has Tons of Art Talent. Keep me busy for sure. Mom & I very Proud …they don’t bother with all the violent Video Games and some of the “normal” weirdness, you see in Tweens & Teens today.

patina
                            Participant

OK I’m sure all you ODF’s know this, but I just discovered it. My keyboard connection in the computer died the other night and I ws left with no way to log on or type. While trying to shut down the computer I came across this “ease of access” thing on a menu. I clicked on it and it had a choice that read “On screen keyboard” I clicked on it and voila a keyboard on the screen that works with the mouse cursor. What will they think of next?

Pat

dino
                                Keymaster

Pat…wheres that “Menu” ? I’m interested …was told by a geek that when they originally designed the keyboards,they added buttons that to this day do nothing.

patina
                                    Participant

Dino

I went to:

Control Panel, clicked on; computer settings, ease of access center, then “make computer easier to use” and clicked on;
                                        “Start on-screen keyboard”

I have windows 7

Pat

hvy70ss
                                        Participant

Hey Guys,
                                            All this parent talk got my attention…As a father I’m very blessed to have 2 great kids. My daughter is interning at Childrens Hosp. of Philedelphia. She will be clinical child pscychologist. My son’s a union pipefitter making crazy money…when he works. Both were taken to the drags at a very young age and are both into it to this day. My daughter still has all the racer handouts from Etown with autographs. My son is mini-me but better. He crewchiefs on two cars an Outlaw drag radial and an 8:50 index car. The Outlaw car had a world record ET and the 8:50 car just won the Yellow Bullet Nationals in Maryland. He’s the one in the center, black shirt, big smile. Proud PaPa? You bet!!

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Looks just like ya Smitty…same s**t eating grin 😆 …really though…Get That Vette to Lebanon!

john-sachs-sr
                                                Participant

Happy Birthday Donnie!!!!!!!!!!
                                                    ANOTHER ONE ????????????????? AT least it’s a good number. Many healthy more.
                                                    Love your buddy, John

Attachments:

patina
                                                    Participant

Hey DK happy Birthday brother 🙂 🙂 🙂

Pat

tomatohead
                                                        Participant

……….. happy birthday DON 😀 69 ………………………………. thats my favorate 😮 , ……………….. the tomato 😀 have a happy 😀 ❗ only yesterday you were like 39 ❓ right your like , Jack Bennys age 😀 ….take my wife please ❗ ❗ 😀 😆

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Adding to the list,HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON! And many more happy and healthy ones to come!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 3,316 through 3,330 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.