Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,361 through 3,375 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Hey Drakester………….You knew exactly what I meant “the dance through the traps”…I know you do bro… 😎 Hey man, Donnie Carroll…What can I say???????? No one works as hard and keeps coming back from hardships like Donnie…Excellent motor, trans and chassis guy and without a doubt one of Stock Eliminators top drivers..Not one person that I know deserves this win more then Donnie Carroll….I knew him when he was just a little shit watching us run our cars and now he’s our local hero……… 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 ……….On my end ,I hate being a washed up old man but I’m still working a 50 plus hour a week and I’ve saved up a minute or two of strength in case one of the young assholes at work give me any shit…I always let them know “don’t let the gray hair fool you” 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆 Love you Bro…Don…

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Yes Drake and Mr Kauer. ❗ ..Awesome job by Donnie Carroll for sure ❗ He is now
            ranked #1 in Stock Eliminator in the Division 1 standings ❗ It’s well deserved and we’re
            all cheering for him to finish the year as #1… 😎 Keep up the great job Donnie ❗ ❗ 😎
            Also Congrats to A. Lincoln Morehead who is #1 in the Super Stock Division 1 standings ❗ 😎

Frank….

vindicator
            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Don Kauer…Donnie Carroll surely has fought more than a few “demons”…on the personal side…but…a genuinely real good guy…who has worked/toiled as hard as he has…to overcome all the “nonsense”…that this life at times can throw at ya’ 😆 😆 😆 …and whether the “Don Kauer” is 69…or 29…any “cat” young or old…might wanna’ give some serious “thought” to messin’…with the “Kauer”…unless of of course…they…b…wanting a bump or two on the noggin’ ‘eh 😆 😆 😆 as always…love ya’ “hoss”… 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                Keymaster
                    quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Yes Drake and Mr Kauer. ❗ ..Awesome job by Donnie Carroll for sure ❗ He is now
                    ranked #1 in Stock Eliminator in the Division 1 standings ❗ It’s well deserved and we’re
                    all cheering for him to finish the year as #1… 😎 Keep up the great job Donnie ❗ ❗ 😎
                    Also Congrats to A. Lincoln Morehead who is #1 in the Super Stock Division 1 standings ❗ 😎

Frank….

hmmmmm…..Dover heritage STILL influencing Racing in the Northeast….theres more in the ranks Too…witnessed by Valentine…and a host of others .

don-kauer

Went to RCE Machine this morning to see the boys and congratulate them for the big win……….These wins are a combo of the RCE shop and Donnie’s driving………So good to see your own doing well 😎 …Don…….

don-kauer
                            quote Babycakes:

Don,you hit the nail on the head about Cecil County Dragway! I loved that place to race on a Saturday night also! Don,they never charged 4 of us admission,because of the distance we traveled from Jersey at the time; and besides at that time ‘Willys’ gassers were popular,and there be at least 6 there to run.Tough competition,head to head; to put on a show for the crowd! “Lucky” if you won by inches! I think there motto was ‘traction capitol of the east’. Garlits shows up passing through one Sat. nite,heading for Island Dragway the next day.Told the owner he’d make 2 passes for a ‘grand’. The owner of the track said to Don,unload it! He predicted mid 7’s 198 mph; as promised,a man of his word,and the spectators loved it! Dino has a photo I sent him a while back of our B/G Willys,off the line at Cecil County,back in 64.He’d have to search amongst his stash probably to find it.Don,thanks for the memory of those Chevy small block rev ‘screamers;loved that sound!!! 😮 😀

Hey Pete….The sweet essence of tire smoke and the racing fuel. 😎 ….I used to get all my fuel from “Nazy Crate”…Remember him….I spent lots of time in Jersey………..Was at Truppi, Duffys, Frankies , Tony Fiel, Musis and more ….. Bought most of my parts and did a good part of the machine work there…..Ingles and I were out there at least twice a week until he got all the right equiptment and Casey and I made regular trips to Rotunda’s shop:) 🙂 🙂 Don…

babycakes
                            Participant

Hey Don,you lit an old ‘spark’! Carmine Rotunda first started off with a 58 Chevy Impala with a 409 in it.We Ran against him in B/G at Island Dragway in 63. Here’s the ‘kicker’! When I was drafted in 64,who do you think I had basic training with? Carmine’s brother Dominick! We laughed like hell when we saw one another,and of course were the best of buddies,talking our heads off about drag racing.Carmine continued with racing a 57 Chevy and 61 Vette Jr. stockers,then an AMP Comaro,and Duster,then the ‘Brooklyn Heavy’ (ex Billy the Kid) Challenger Pro Stock,and finally an SRD Vega Pro Stock.When I went back down to Jersey after I moved to N.Y. State,to visit family,I always stopped in to see the boys at Rotunda’s Speed Shop in the late 60’s early 70’s.A nice flash-back you brought back Don,thanks!

vindicator
                                Participant

Hey Babycakes…”heard” you wuz part of Wayne Johnson’s (Johnson Ford ) Boss 302 drag car back in the day (?)… wot’s that “story”???…kinda’ “knew” you were more dimensional than just da’ “Willys” 😆 😆 :lol:…just a lil’ note…it wasn’t/isn’t “Carmine” Rotunda…it’s Carmen Rotunda…”hoss”…it’s a I-talian “thing” 😆 😆 😆 …about namesake… 😆 😆 😆 …for sure a good longtime racer…who could get a car from start to finish…quite well… with…count ’em…3 pedals…:D 😀 😀 Drake

babycakes
                                    Participant

Opps Drake your right (sorry bout that) it was Carmen ,I had a ‘senior-moment’ I guess? Yes Drake,ran a Boss 302 in 70.I worked for Johnson Ford for 42 years.The owner knew me and my drag racing partner Bill (service manager) always ran Chevy engines.In 69 he had a Boss 302 demo.I convinced him I could race it at the Valley one time,with magnetic J/ford signs on the door.I won my class and handed him the trophy.That’s all it took! 1970 he ordered a new Boss to run in G/Stock.Alot of head scratching,and hours spent to finally get it to beat those high winding Z/28s (they didn’t like it!) Got it down to 11:85’s,and could only rev to it’s power peak of 74g’s.In Sept. tied the national record at Island Dragway (still have the time slip).Only ran for 1 year and the boss pulled the plug.No doubt Drake your no stranger to Ford engineers Bernie Gulick,and (may he R.I.P) Jim Ryan.Both were drag racers also,and ‘super’ skilled! Good ole ‘Ford’ days,right Drake?

vindicator
                                        Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Babycakes…Bernie Golick…smart guy way back when (Dobbs Ferry Ford Thunderbolt should ring a bell)!!!…his son Brian is a way smart guy now with current stuff too (Mustangs) 😀 😀 😀 the Downing/Ryan guys were good racers…the Boss 429 project Maverick…kinda’ took ’em to school a ‘lil…good guys…Bob Brown who drove…I believe…their last car (Maverick ?) smart guy…good shoe… he (Bob) did real well with a totally independent SS Cobra Jet Mustang…way back when too…”Nazy Crate” (real Ford “dude”…Grandpa… Wally Lynn too)’ as mentioned a few posts back…was truly one of my hand-full of very genuine friends in this life 😀 😀 😀 …know…have hung out with a awful lot of “cats”…that’s all “good” ‘eh…but “real”…is… kinda’ like a good marriage…for better or worse… “hoss” 😆 😆 😆 …everybody…but everybody wants to hang out with ya’ …when it’s all cookin’…the “room” gets a lil’/ lot smaller…when it ain’t all goin’ so good 😆 😆 :lol:…by the time…if we are “lucky” enough to be on the planet 60 plus years or so…picture…on the “big screen” TV…gets a bit more clear…3-D like 😆 😆 😆 … 😀 😀 😀 Drake

babycakes
                                            Participant

Hey Drake,I heard about Bernie’s son Brian,working on late model Mustangs.Rumor has it a few years back he had a shop in Belleville,N.J.and the ole man was helping him out a bit? I know Bernie joined the ODF forum,and I thought last year I’d run into him at the Dover 3 race at the ‘Valley’,but couldn’t find him,as he mentioned he was going? I always remember his ‘cool’ ride,the white Pantera! I always admired him as an engineer when you had an ‘abnormal’ problem on a vehicle.He’d put on his shop coat,and get his hands dirty,asked what you did to fix it.then his mechanical brain kicked in,and wah-la,find and resolve the problem! Jim Ryan,same thing! Super sharp dudes!

dino
                                                Keymaster

Wa happened …its 53 down here..freezin my cayunis off..so much for Al Gores global warming…must be the altitude Al. . My weather Channel said it past peak in N.Y. & ct. for fall foliage. 😯

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Dino,not that bad up here in upper N.Y.State. Only a few degrees below normal during the day,and starting this week hitting around those frost numbers (mid 30s) overnight.The foliage is getting close to peak.Alot of the leaves have fallen already due to the dry summer we had up here.My leaf rake has been active the last couple of week from the maple tree,now the golden colored pine needles are starting to shed.Getting ready for deer season around Pat D’s stomping grounds,and ole man winter!

dino
                                                        Keymaster

COLD..& windy… fall has hit the Carolinas…first time since March, I wore a long sleeve shirt to work.

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Hey Mikey,what’s shakin’ ? Been a little while since we heard from ya. As Dino mentioned,getting a nip of fall weather (you remember being from N.Y.around this time).At least you can open your garage door and enjoy the warm fresh air while working on ‘Pappa’s Toy’,right?

Viewing 15 posts - 3,361 through 3,375 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.