Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,346 through 3,360 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Hey Tom,when done,a few photos please! Thanks….Pete.

dino
        Keymaster
            quote TomBlake:

Where is everyone? 🙂
            The exhaust system on the 55 almost done, may be finished tomorrow (or today Thursday).

you and Mikey should DRIVE to a Cruise Together!

dino
            Keymaster

Just In ….Read This…..”Cyber Attacks”…It just hit MY bank”..PNC about 15 minutes ago…Read the whole story…IRAN

http://money.cnn.com/2012/09/27/technology/bank-cyberattacks/

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Pat …Hurry up ..It’s today in Saueraties

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

Hey

Whats the hurry,theres one at the Bethlehem,Ct. Fair Grounds next weekend!
                        I’ll be there Saturday!!! http://garlicfestct.com/
                        ‘V’

patina
                        Participant

Going out on my bicycle to grab a cup of coffee at the local deli. Sit, read the paper, do the crossword puzzle. Kinda like Cheers only with no liquor license. 😆

Pat

babycakes
                            Participant

Pat,question: I know you and Ray Kobel were good friends.When he brought back his 40 Willys from California,was it painted ‘yellow’ then,or afterwards? Did Merkel copy that color from Ray on his ‘steel’ 33 in 65? I know Ray had no lettering on the doors,and eventually had the chevron Merkel banner on it. Ray’s Willys was ‘cherry’! And your 40 was a twin to his.I believe the Wolkowitz Brothers eventually bought it from Ray,and ran it a couple of years.Wonder where it went from there? 🙄 Pete.

patina
                                Participant

Cakes Ray painted his car after he finished building it. First day it ran it was yellow. I don’t know if Jack painted his first 33 yellow because of Rays car, they where good friends. Rays car did go to Wolkowitz then to another guy who flipped it and it became scrap metal.

Pat

babycakes
                                    Participant

What a ‘sad’ and ‘sinful’ way for Ray’s Willys to end Pat! I don’t know who would be the winner,between Ray,and ‘Porky’ Zartman,who had the ‘highest’ wheelie,down at Cecil County Dragway,in Rising Sun,Md.back in the day,when you saw at least five feet of daylight underneath them when launching off the line,and hearing the ‘high’ revs those small block Chevy’s were pouring out,in each gear;gotta love it back then!!!

don-kauer

Cakes……..I made many trips to Cecil Co. for Sat. night racing…Larry Labriola would tow his 62 Corvette and I would bring the Camaro…We loved that place…Sometimes if the cars were OK and nothing broken we would drive right to Englishtown and sleep for a couple of hours before they opened and run there Sunday 😎 …Ahh, to be young again 😀 ………..10-4 on the high revs……..My stomach still flips just thinking about it……..I remember my E/G car (the green and white 67) 9600 through the traps in 4th…..No one but someone who has been there gets it…The smell, the vibration,the noise……….I always thought of it as “The Dance” through the traps 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀 ………Don………..

bob-lasko
                                            Participant

Hi all,
                                                Bob Lasko hear.
                                                It’s been a while since my last post, but I have been watching you all. Sorry that I was not able to attended the race at the valley. I have not been doing much racing this year. Went to the Atco Divisional in July and the car ran good, but went out the 1st round. Tried to go to the Rising sun, but work kept me out. Did go to the divisional at E-town and actually went 3 rounds and made 100.00.
                                                This week on 10/3/412 I am going to try to go some rounds at the Keystones at Maple Grove in Pa. Come and see me if anyone is at the race.

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Big Foot Bob…long time …but you been ‘lurking’; …thats cool…keep us posted AND the rest of you guys with you travels & racing…Thats What the “Current Projects” forum heading is all about!

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Don,you hit the nail on the head about Cecil County Dragway! I loved that place to race on a Saturday night also! Don,they never charged 4 of us admission,because of the distance we traveled from Jersey at the time; and besides at that time ‘Willys’ gassers were popular,and there be at least 6 there to run.Tough competition,head to head; to put on a show for the crowd! “Lucky” if you won by inches! I think there motto was ‘traction capitol of the east’. Garlits shows up passing through one Sat. nite,heading for Island Dragway the next day.Told the owner he’d make 2 passes for a ‘grand’. The owner of the track said to Don,unload it! He predicted mid 7’s 198 mph; as promised,a man of his word,and the spectators loved it! Dino has a photo I sent him a while back of our B/G Willys,off the line at Cecil County,back in 64.He’d have to search amongst his stash probably to find it.Don,thanks for the memory of those Chevy small block rev ‘screamers;loved that sound!!! 😮 😀

dino
                                                        Keymaster

RICH POSTED THIS at his M and M topic…..SPREAD THE WORD to would be buyers… help ol Rich out.

BECAUSE OF MY HEALTH PROBLEMS I FIND IT NESSESERY AFTER 46YEARS TO SELL/CLOSE M&M SPEED & CUSTOM! INVENTORY @ RETAIL IS $300,000.00 & COST IS ABOUT $125,000.000 O.B.O, W/O FIXTURES AND TOOLS!! FOR INFO MORE YOU CAN CALL RICH @1-888-327-0454

HE has thousands of Original G-Body stuff you can’t get anymore.

vindicator
                                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Don Kauer… 10,000 rpm…and “gettin’ it…those…truly…were the daze!!! 😆 😆 😆 …how ’bout that Donnie Carroll…just winning Stock Eliminator @ NHRA Division 2 event in Bristol Tennesee this past weekend…it’s current days of course…Donnie has done a great job this year (bunch of years past as well)…lots of hard work/effort…couldn’t “happen” for a nicer/good guy…lots of very good Stock/Super Stock racers in Danbury/New Milford area…for sure…but…Donnie’s the “baddest jose” of ’em all in 2012 hands down 😀 😀 😀 …just a “reminder”…always bear in mind Don… too…”it ain’t over…till we say..it’s over”!!! 😆 😆 😆 Drake

Viewing 15 posts - 3,346 through 3,360 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.