Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,511 through 3,525 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

VBOB just took that photo…Its Not an old one…yes, He does have his own home built pop gun .. The fatigues? yeah …they’re old….probably smell that way too ๐Ÿ˜ฎ …how long in the footlocker? ๐Ÿ˜Ž

don-kauer

Hey V ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž …Very cool…….You just made my night ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ P.S.And Dino That one IS the real deal ๐Ÿ˜€

dino
            Keymaster

Yes Don , it utilizes direct impingement gas operation; energy from high-pressure gas tapped from a non-adjustable port built into the front sight assembly actuates the moving parts in the weapon. Combustion gases travel via a gas tube above the barrel directly into a chamber in the bolt carrier behind the bolt itself, pushing the carrier away from the bolt. This reduces the number of moving parts by eliminating the need for a separate piston and cylinder and it provides better performance in rapid fire by keeping reciprocating masses on the same axis as the bore ๐Ÿ˜‰
                …VBob Built it he told me, from component parts.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Jack, you are right about the 3 prong flash surpreser snagging onto things!
                    Good for snapping the wire to open cases of c-rations!
                    They gave you a black plastic cap to slip over the 3 pronger (in pic you can fire right through the thin plastic without it flying off !! Then they came out with the bird cage style type just screw on or off!problem solved!
                    Gonna bring it out to New Milford and burn some rounds with Don!
                    No Dino, no smells ,oh forgot to put jungle boots in pic! Theyer upstairs too with camo poncho liners!
                    ‘V’

don-kauer
                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Yes Don , it utilizes direct impingement gas operation; energy from high-pressure gas tapped from a non-adjustable port built into the front sight assembly actuates the moving parts in the weapon. Combustion gases travel via a gas tube above the barrel directly into a chamber in the bolt carrier behind the bolt itself, pushing the carrier away from the bolt. This reduces the number of moving parts by eliminating the need for a separate piston and cylinder and it provides better performance in rapid fire by keeping reciprocating masses on the same axis as the bore ๐Ÿ˜‰
                        …VBob Built it he told me, from component parts.

Good job Dino….copied verbatim from Google :lol:……..10-4 on the rounds V-Man ๐Ÿ˜Ž I carried an E1 model..(JUNK)……….(Most of my time I carried a black 45 Colt Commander with a black military leather side holster). You guys probably had the newer version, the A1 model (much better) which is what yours is based on ……Right V โ“ My neighbor has a newer model A2 that I have fired…Very cool……….Don..

bossguy

I was wondering about that VB. The early types with the 3 prong didn’t have the breech assist did they? I like the taped up mags. Serious stuff!

dino
                            Keymaster

Boss…’taped up mags’…My Dad did the same thing with his Thompson Sub in WWII. Its ‘semi -auto” , 3 round bursts, Right? full Auto a No-No ?

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    I found a full autoin Berlin ,Ct. twin to mine in every way that I carried in Nam but at $18,000 I’ll just go with the semi auto thank you!OH, we only had 20 round mags in 1969 soooo, tape 2 together for a quick turnaround!!!!

dino
                                    Keymaster

Running at half throttle since Fri. afternoon. Chills-fever…The kids were sick one on Thanksgiving…. then Mom ,now me.So don’t don’t expect too much as I try to get over this. Stayed in Bed most of Sat. Today not much better….oh well .

seabake
                                        Participant
                                            quote seabake:

Pictures are worth just what the start bid is. Doubt if anyone will by them without a dover connection. One bid should get them. Shipping is free.

Guess I was wrong!! Slides went for $28.99. Can’t tell who got’em. Hope somehow they ended up here in Doverland.

dino
                                            Keymaster

Not Worth It ..still have to convert the Slides… Thats Another $20. The shots weren’t “that” historically significant..for 9.99 ok..but 29.00?

patina
                                                Participant

I would have to believe that the winning bidder has something to do with the car or cars on the slides. I have studied the ways that sales or bidding goes on E-bay, I’m certainly no expert but if the MG with me in it coming down the return road at Dover was on one of those slides I would have paid that price. There is a connection but only http://youtu.be/pJyWcUS9RIM

Pat

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Thats Funny Pat…Had a car at Dover called “the Shadow” used to announce…” Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men ? . . . . . Shadow Do ! “

patina
                                                        Participant

I think there was a dragster driven by Bobby Vodnik or Dick Belfatti named “The Shadow”

Pat

patina
                                                            Participant

My brain hurts sometime from remembering this stuff; From the internet.
                                                                Charlie was associated with Dick Belfatti. Dick Belfattiโ€™s โ€œShadowโ€ dragster that won the US Nationals at Indy with Bobby Vodnick driving, was up for sale. Charlie was handling the transaction and we set up a meeting at Kenyons Diner in North Hills Pa. to discuss the terms. I wasnโ€™t able to raise the money in time to get the car before it was sold. As a result I continued to race backyard built cars for another six years until I bought the A&P Automotive AA/FD. I often wondered โ€œwhat ifโ€ I had purchased the โ€œShadowโ€ from Charlie Gilmore in 1964.

Viewing 15 posts - 3,511 through 3,525 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.