Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,021 through 4,035 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Any ‘updates’ on ‘Mater’ Joe’s mother in law,how’s she doing? Someone said he had to leave early at the Dover ‘5’ to get home a.s.a.p Saturday?

dino
        Keymaster

OK …Now I know why I couldn’t find him…got his number-I’ll check it out.Too Many Dover Guys I just didn’t get a chance to Talk . Bob Hoffman all the way from California And Nick Minichetti reportedly seen wandering around car show. Just Too many people-too little time …Plan to ‘Fix That’ Next year …I’m on the case ! .

dino
            Keymaster

….sent in:

HELLO DINO

I COULD NOT MAKE IT TO THE EVENT SORRY TO SAY

HALF OF MY SHOP WENT ON VACATION , SOMETHING I HEARD OF, BUT NEVER BEEN ON.

AND I WAS STUCK HERE .

AND MY OLD AND BUSTED LEG JUST GOT WORKED ON A WEEK PRIOR

SO IT HURT . THANKS JK MOTORSPORTS – Jerry K.

mikey

I tried calling Mater, and got his voice mail. Left a message, we’ll see what happens. Told him the ODFs were concerned and wished him well. …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

……………..Me Too [Dino}

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        Saturday morning August 2013, many years after Woodstock would have been in HIGH gear!
                        Who would have known ….a drag strip that was only opened for a few hours on Sundays for 15 years, where you had to lay in oily dirt to work on your car, watch the race sitting on the hood of your car cause there was no place to sit, raced down it with dirt banks and rock cliffs to keep you safe if you went off the track , no safety crew in place …..would be having a Spring Fest, a 23rd Reunion and a 5th 2 day drag racing event in its honor,oh and have its very own track curator!!!
                        Have people tow a race car from Florida every year ,and for people that raced there fly in from California with their family to attend! Lastly some former racers have chosen the site of Dover Drag Strip as their final resting place! Dover Drag Strip sure was some place!
                        Thank you GOD!!!!

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster
                            quote VBOB:

HEY
                            Saturday morning August 2013, many years after Woodstock would have been in HIGH gear!
                            Who would have known…. a drag strip that was only opened for a few hours on Sundays for 15 years where you had to lay in oily dirt to work on your car, watch the race sitting on the hood of your car cause there was no place to sit, raced down it with dirt banks and rock cliffs to keep you safe if you went off the track , no safety crew in place…. would be having a Spring Fest, a 23rd Reunion and a 5th 2 day drag racing event in its honor,oh and have its very own track curator!!!
                            Have people tow a race car from Florida every year ,and for people that raced there fly in from California with their family to attend!
                            Thank you GOD!!!!

V-BOB….Amen….. Wrapped it up nice…. The Dover Family is like no other
                            Note….V-Bob has been officially appionted by me as our new “East Coast Under Assistant Public Relations Director” for his un -ending dedication to the Cause,since going online in 2008 ….always ready to help…..But stay outa the foot locker …Thanks Hunky! . . .{dino}

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

On EBay there are 2 DDS items up for bid from the Griggs estate!

‘V’

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote mikey:

I tried calling Mater, and got his voice mail. Left a message, we’ll see what happens. Told him the ODFs were concerned and wished him well. …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

……………..Me Too [Dino}

Ol’ Mater had some issues to attend to. He’s Fine ,but just called today…hadn’t had phone-internet since Friday. Seems his 81 yr old mother in law got some kind of food poisoning Sat Night,while he was home getting a replacement distributor for his car that crapped out Sat. They were up from Florida ,so Thats where he was Sunday, attending to that. Car Fixed…they’re back in Florida…All Ok .

tomatohead
                                    Participant

….OK DINO ❗ prefect timing on the reply to all who were concerned ,thanks to you guys for caring but all is well now a week later ,my Mother in Law ,is home back in FLA and RESTING 😀 , so sorry I missed you guys Sunday , I was there testing the car out with a new electric fuel pump and braided steel line ,and that wasnt the proplem so I swaped carbs , to a brand NEW one ,and that wasnt the problem and after the run we checked inside the dist. and found that the springs holding the weights had brokin 😮 ❗ so we loaded up the car , but were unable to return for sunday ,so theres aways next year ❗ ….DOVER 6 th ❗

mikey

Joe, if it wasn’t for bad luck, you and I would have no luck at all!! Glad all is well, and see ya next year!! :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                            Participant

‘Mater’ Joe, no doubt the ‘black-cloud’ was over your head that weekend! 🙄 .Bottom line though,your ‘Outlaw’ mother-in law is o.k.,and you tracked down the ‘gremlin’ in your distributor! Now,get back to harvesting the lower ’40’, and painting those bumpers! (right Mikey!) 😀

tomatohead
                                                Participant

……thanks guys 😀 ,maybe Ill get some chrome bumpers ❗ 😀 ………………… nnnaaaa ❗ 😆

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY
                                                        Attention in the pits, lane one and two for your trophy runs! EBay one day left to get two great DDS trophies!!! http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xdover+drag+strip&_nkw=dover+drag+strip&_sacat=0&_from=R40

‘V’

hvy70ss
                                                        Participant

Hey All,
                                                            Got in late last night from vacation, first time posting since the Dover race. What a PERFECT weekend for the race! It was great seeing everyone again. So many little stories…could go on forever. For me, it was my first time racing @ the Dover event. Ended up Sat. semis. with NENDRA and left early Sunday after winning first rnd. in D/V…. had an early AM flight on Monday. I must admit I felt like I should have been down in tech. as usual, but those boys got their act together real well and nailed it. I guess we trained ’em good..right Dino? Speaking of Dino…EXCELLENT job as usual. LVD staff as well, perfect. Jims pics are great! Frank M., loved those diecast of Fred’s and Billy’s Camaros. If anybody saw them in his trunk you know what I mean! VBob…glad you got it all back together on race day! Another great event in the books…too bad we couldn’t do this TWICE a year. Looking forward to next year. The Dover family marches on!
                                                            😀

Bobby Smith

maso
                                                            Participant

Attention…!!! in the pits…

I want all of my ODF friends to see and hear something that I have now on video. They coaxed me into getting up and play a little blues for them at a local hang out that is right around the corner from where I bought my house here in North Carolina and I want to hear your comments about it. The girl there got all this on a cell phone and gave it to me.

Be honest, I really want to hear it…!

Either;

Click on these three links:
                                                                1). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3i-EPKg3G0
                                                                2). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7A8VaU2Sw
                                                                3). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a56vvTy_4O8

Or…

Just go to http://www.youtube.com and type < Maso’s Blues > into the search engine. Leave a comment…!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,021 through 4,035 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.