Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,051 through 4,065 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Good way to end summer with a miserable rainy humid day here in Ct.!!!
        I see Lincoln Moorehead had a – .005 light at Indy!
        That was the only Dover Drag Strip connection I saw racing at The BIG GO !!!
        ‘V’

john-sachs-sr
        Participant

Bobby Lagana jr. is crewing for Torrence sr. Capco car T/F.

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Way ta go John Hall, good ole Connecticut boy winning PSM at Indy!!!!

‘V’

dino
                Keymaster

Just Hit 1500 on the Registered Users count….But Other things on our mind today —–Bobby Lagana.

dino
                    Keymaster

Robert D. Lagana Sr., 72, passed away September 5th, 2013. Robert was born in 1941.

Bobby Lagana Sr. was a hardworking automotive mechanic who lived and worked in Scarsdale, NY at Bobby’s Automotive. He was a loving father to his children who taught them to never give up in life and to always help people. He was an honorable friend to all and most important always lived by his word.
                        Bobby Lagana Sr. was a life long drag racer that started in his backyard and made it to the biggest stages of the sport. He leaves behind him a legacy of a guy who would never quit and would always help anyone in need. Bobby has passed on his love for motorsports to his two sons who will race in his honor.
                        Robert D. Lagana Sr. is survived by his brother William, his four children: Marie Fritz, Laura Tanjeloff, Bobby and Dominick and his longtime companion, Karen. Robert Lagana Sr. was preceded in death by his parents Margaret Lawrence and Frank, his wife Marie and his daughter Dinah.
                        >>>>>The family will receive friends at the Westchester Funeral Home, 190 Main Street Eastchester, NY 2-4 and 7-9 Tuesday, September 10. The Funeral Mass will be at 9:30 AM at Assumption Church, 100 Pleasant Ave., Tuckahoe, NY. In lieu of flowers, donations in the memory of Robert Lagana Sr. may be made to Drag Racing Association of Women or Hertzberg Palliative Care Institute at The Mount Sinai Medical Center. Those wishing to sign the guest book may do so online at http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com.
                        .Published in the The Journal News on September 8, 2013

http://www.westchesterfuneralhome.com/book-of-memories/1666707/Lagana-Robert/service-details.php
                        [/color][/b]

340swinger
                        Participant

Great to see Gary Smrtic sporting his “Dover” T shirt on page 140 of the 11-13 issue of Hot Rod mag. Also had a great time @ Lebanon Valley, brought my sister who was up from Florida, spoke to Lee Valentine who she hadn’t spoken to since about 1970! Got to meet V-Bob (nice car) and got a “Fred’s Speed Shop” T-shirt for my son Fred! who was also with me. While sitting in the stands, my younger brother asked me if I had ever heard of a guy named Bob Ingles, apparently he had been to his house on Friday trying to sell him Insurance, he’s just too young to remember. Really wanted to see Dino, Don Kauer, et al , hopefully next year. It was a great day with great weather, our ride up 22 right through Dover really set the mood. Thanks Dino for all your efforts, it’s greatly appreciated. See you next year. Bob Hoffman from California.
                            P.S. can you camp in the pits on Sat. night?

don-kauer
                                quote 340swinger:

Great to see Gary Smrtic sporting his “Dover” T shirt on page 140 of the 11-13 issue of Hot Rod mag. Also had a great time @ Lebanon Valley, brought my sister who was up from Florida, spoke to Lee Valentine who she hadn’t spoken to since about 1970! Got to meet V-Bob (nice car) and got a “Fred’s Speed Shop” T-shirt for my son Fred! who was also with me. While sitting in the stands, my younger brother asked me if I had ever heard of a guy named Bob Ingles, apparently he had been to his house on Friday trying to sell him Insurance, he’s just too young to remember. Really wanted to see Dino, Don Kauer, et al , hopefully next year. It was a great day with great weather, our ride up 22 right through Dover really set the mood. Thanks Dino for all your efforts, it’s greatly appreciated. See you next year. Bob Hoffman from California.
                                P.S. can you camp in the pits on Sat. night?

Hey Bob …Sorry I missed you…I was home sick for three days with the flu….I’ll give you a call soon and we can catch up on the hot rod and the Audi stuff….. 🙂 ……..Don …….

dino
                                Keymaster

Most of the Gang must Be In Epping for the Hot Rod Reunion…we can expect photos any day…quiet Here at Home base “Dover-wise’…but, I’m quite busy with sign work.

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Bringing the Mustang to the Southbury show on Sunday!
                                        Put her in the car for sale area!
                                        Big time cool down with temps in the 60’s!
                                        Billy never did open up those wheel wells!

‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

GOOD LUCK BOB! I only hope if it sells,the ‘new’ owner ‘baby’s’ it,and takes care of it the way you have since new! I know it’s ‘better’ than ‘show-room’ condition!!! 😉

patina
                                            Participant

babycakes
                                                Participant

I picked up the local Lake George Mirror Newspaper yesterday.In it was an article on the Adirondack Nationals. The mayor Bob Blais (Blaze) ‘very’ upset! His Village was ‘trashed’ by the event! Garbage and debris strewn throughout the Village,was more then collected,throughout the whole summer season! Besides the 1600 registered cars, they got ‘hammered’ Fri.and Sat. night,double the amount of ‘hot-rods’ invading the Village,compared to last year! Home owners stayed in there homes,for fear of getting hit with burn-outs and racing down the side streets! Even store owners for the 1st, time faced ‘ arrogant’ customers. The mayor said the whole Village was like ‘one big parking lot’; if there were a fire or an emergency,they could ‘no’ way respond! Who’s to fault? ( to me,both the Village and the promoters not being ‘prepared’ for the ‘possible’, simple. you can’t fit 10lbs. crap,in a 5lb. bag). Always,like everything ‘after the fact’,the Mayor is holding a ‘special’ meeting,with the town board,residence,and promoters,to come up with a resolution next year…or else! Sad it had to happen for the innocent ‘hot-rodders’ who make it a ‘great’ show every year!

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Dino Here….Been AWOL since some serious S””T hit the fan monday Am…All my Operatimg production softwear failed then the main Computer at the shop got corrupted and couldn’t reload the softwear..Long story short…down for the count.til today ..tons of “Tech” phone calls…more calls to hardwear support…more calls and rescue attempts from another Geek . Can you say “Nobody ever returns calls”? -frustrating ! Anyway…as it finally stands now I’m using the Newer”Shop” computer for design work and e-mail,and pulled out another 10 year old computer that DiD take the softwear reload to be my auxillery production machine. Two keyboards-mouses and monitors side by side to confuse me even more. So We are forced to order a New Custom Built Computer with windows 7 to replace the old windows xp …that from 2002 and will be dropped from upgrades next month,plus get the latest Sign Softwear to replace my 1998 version that won’t even run on windows 7 and has no support whatso ever. Bottom line is I waited too long using these model T systems and softwear …so gonna get with all the new technology …32 bit to 64…quad processors …supercharged and injected speed & Ram…Good news is I’ll cut my time in half and open the door to the latest design capibilities…gonna learn how to dance all the new steps.So’ I’m back ….HI …. few calls wondering “wheres Dino”…I’m here…stress level receeding and trying to catch up with back logged work…SNYRA Reunion This weelend in Danbury…They’ll have Nick Giardinas Car on display I worked on….plus we even redid the old 1975 T-Shirt design. back to making the donuts…later ….OH-HAPPY BIRTHDAY DON ! pat will say Wheres the Short version 😆

tomblake
                                                        Participant

Dino….Hope you have run Windows 7 some, before now. For me going from XP to Vista or Windows 7,(Windows 7 is Vista with a new name), took me a while. Must be old, hate changes. I know new is suppose to be better but it takes a while to learn these new operating systems.
                                                            Surprised you guys in the sign business are not using Apple computers.My guess is since Gerber started with Microsoft it has to be done that way.

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY

In the 8th pic is that Bobby Laragina in the altered hitting the Christmas tree at ETown????
                                                                http://www.nhra.com/blog/dragster-insider/
                                                                ‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 4,051 through 4,065 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.