Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,066 through 4,080 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Sooo is this Bobby L. ??????

‘V’

hvy70ss
        Participant

VBob,
            Pretty sure it is as I had a big black and white poster of it in my garage. The view was from the side just hitting the tree. If you look in the pic you posted, you can see Speed Parts Center on the side of the altered. Wish I kept that poster.

Smitty

bobby-s

YEP it is, go on face book Billy Masiello has some good info posted there from a bounch who remember it.

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Thanks Smitty and Bobby S.
                    Right when I saw the pic it looked likem and I tried to read the side of the car for Speed Parts Center!
                    Dont know who any of the guys in the pic are!
                    OH, whos going to The valley next Sunday???

‘V’

patina
                    Participant

VB Linguine Bros are making an appearence.

Pat

patina
                        Participant

Wait to see what this car turned into. Dino needs to add picture, I can’t file to big. But This picture was in 1966/67.

Pat

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

“V” Bob’s ‘Kielbasa Krew’ ready for some action and fun with Bob’s ‘Perogie Powered’ Vega!!! See ya there! 😉 😆 Pete.

hvy70ss
                                Participant

V,
                                    Not runnin,gotta order some new slicks…won’t be @ Hoosier till next Monday. But that looks like a nice event and all so I may come up and spectate…and kill some of Howie’s french fries!! 😆

Smitty

patina
                                    Participant

A HAMBer just e-mailed me a link to his site http://quartermileclassics.wordpress.com/ has some 63 Indy Nationals photos and entry lists, winners

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Smitty, are you buying the tires from the Manchester,Ct. warehouse?

‘V’

hvy70ss
                                            Participant

VBob,
                                                Yes, last two sets I got them there. Kind of a haul for me but great service. Heard alot of mail order horror stories reagrding tires.

Smitty

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY
                                                    OK,I bought mine there early summer.Save a little paying CASH !!!Nice place!! Great people!
                                                    Dismounted old tires got rid of them for me balanced and mounted new ones.Only thing I went back home had to really sand and scuff the backside of the wheels so the weights stick good.First time they put the tape on weights onto the dirty wheels and the weights fell off rolling them to the truck!

Good luck,
                                                    ‘V’

super-sport-pete

HI GUYS, I can add to this subject. bought 4 18″ tires from TREAD DEPOT last week. ordered on mon. got on wed. via ups from ohio . shipped for 20. each. they are suv tires. bought 2 M/T drag radials in june from summit. no problems. thank god. got rebates on both sets! have bought about 6 more sets in the last 5 years or so. make you are there to receive them to check for size. as far as the weights vbob, I went through that back in the day. I ask for clamp on plastic coated weights. I lost the ones on the inside on the rear, it shook so bad it ended my day. had to rebalance w/clamp ons. p.s.- no tax on mail order tires. happy motoring.

patina
                                                        Participant

Just a little side note on slicks. The MG always had a vibration in it at top endnot bad but would get your attention, so we balanced the front wheels maney times and got brand new Pirrelli radials still it vibrated. Before we went to Epping I took the back wheels and slicks off the car and put them on my tire balancer, it turns out they are 12 oz. out on each wheel. I could not find that much stick on weight. I went to my friends shop and he has a new thing from Dupont (I think) and it comes on a big roll that is calibrated like 4″ = 4 oz. so I put the 12oz on and it sticks fast to the wheel (I did clean them first) spun the wheel again and all zero,s show up on the screen. Up in Epping Brother Mike said that the car was smooth as can be, no more vibration. Moral of the story “balance all 4 wheels”

PS Dino are you up and about or playing catch-up.

Pat

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Pat…I’m Up…about and back and forth and over and under…Swamped and computer handicapped…new one not ready and a bunch of other bumps in the road. Oh …that recreated Stock Car I worked on for Nick Giardina Won Best of Show at the Sunday SNYRA Reunion. Will post some photos when I have time …only working part time -12 hours a day.

Viewing 15 posts - 4,066 through 4,080 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.