Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

V-bob ….My Turn !
        too cold out …heres a song ta warm ya up:

patina
        Participant

Not to get too political but I read this article while waiting for my new “bioelectric” prosthetic arm. An excerpt from “The Week” Dec. 13, 2013 issue the complete article could be read th the WP.
            Save America: Restore the draft. I believe very strongly in this and have advocated this forever.
            by Dana Milbank

Dana Milbank
            Opinion Writer The Washington Post

A Congressional Quarterly count of the current Congress finds that just 86 of the 435 members of the House are veterans, as are only 17 of 100 senators, which puts the overall rate at 19 percent. This is the lowest percentage of veterans in Congress since World War II, down from a high of 77โ€‰percent in 1977-78, according to the American Legion. For the past 21 years, the presidency has been occupied by men who didnโ€™t serve or, in the case of George W. Bush, served in a capacity designed to avoid combat.

dino
            Keymaster

PAT…Very Interesting the percentages…loosing who would be ‘sympathetic’ to the Draft….Just saw “Finding Private Ryan” again…that Normandy beach landing sequence is what my Dad went through exactly. Just think of the positive possibilities…putting a bunch of no future guys into all sorts of tech schools and career training …not to mention making “men’ out of them…Then Again…what’s with Your” Bionic ARM”….is that one of those high tech thingies? Tell us More!

patina
                Participant

Yeah something like that here’s a video. Mine is an above the elbow so it works a little differently.

Pat

tomblake
                    Participant

Pat…that sounds pretty exciting. Agree with Dino, tell us more.

babycakes
                        Participant

Pat, thanks for sharing that video,I was very impressed with the advancements they have made! Like Tom,would like to hear more about it, in it’s development?

mikey

That is really slick!! How do you think it will work for you?? Your style would have an elbow too, right?? Good luck with it.
                                ………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

patina
                                Participant

Your right Mikey that’s why mine does not function as well as a below elbow unit. Only the wrist and hand are electric on mine the elbow is mechanical. It will operate the same way my old one did. To give you an idea about this, the hand has individual motors in it for each function as does the wrist to add another motor for the elbow would have made it heavier and require a bigger battery. The wires would have to go around the out side of the elbow. Right now they go through the elbow. More functions require more electric pick ups (it’s much like an EKG sensor) So I opted for this configuration and it is heavier than I thought. I made some modifications or recommendations to the prosthesis so that it functions better, remember try picking a rake up by the last inch of the handle with one hand then pick it up from the middle. You can understand how important an issue it is about weight and where I pick it up from. I need to practice now and go for OT. I spoke to a girl yesterday and this morning and she is my Occupational Therapist for now and for the first time since I became an amputee I have some one who knows exactly what it’s like because she’s an arm amputee also.

Pat

patina
                                    Participant

A few pictures off of the HAMB site posted by Ohiovette

Pat

Attachments:

babycakes
                                        Participant

Pat…’COOL’ picture of ‘Baby Torque’ back in the day! Thanks for sharing,a ‘golden’ memory,and bringing your M.G. back to life once again!!!

dino
                                            Keymaster

Pat …I contacted o’l Ohiovette…to see if he has more …I’ll post his reply…I’ll also resize your big shots….tomorrow. ANYONE know a Bill Crowley from New Milford…He Runs
                                                http://www.realgoldinc.com.
                                                In Florida now…Cool stuff for sign guys and Custom painters….Remembers Dover.

patina
                                                Participant

Stu Hilborn RIP. Heaven is collecting them all, must be some bench racing going on up there.

http://bangshift.com/blog/stu-hilborn-dead-at-96-fuel-injection-master-was-a-huge-influence-on-industry.html

Pat

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Winter is upon us! Woke up to 15 below this morning!!! Whew, that’s ch ch chilly! Also 2 to 3 more inches of snow today added on to the foot I already got! Looks like a good ole fashion winter is upon us, and I feel bad for Dino,Mikey,and Tom down south,missing out on all this! ( YEAH! RIGHT!) ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜€ Pete

john-sachs-sr
                                                        Participant
                                                            quote Babycakes:

Winter is upon us! Woke up to 15 below this morning!!! Whew, that’s ch ch chilly! Also 2 to 3 more inches of snow today added on to the foot I already got! Looks like a good ole fashion winter is upon us, and I feel bad for Dino,Mikey,and Tom down south,missing out on all this! ( YEAH! RIGHT!) ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜€ Pete

Same here….. Woke up to 62. Supposed to get even a little cooler. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                                                            Merry Christmas.
                                                            John

babycakes
                                                            Participant

John,I forgot to mention you too also down in Florida, sorry! Yeah,it’s tough I know for ya that perhaps you may have to wear a long sleeve shirt,and a lite weight jacket at night. lol. Seriously John, wishing you too,and your family, a very Merry Christmas! Health and Happiness for the New Year! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Pete

Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.