Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Well…just got back from the walk to the convenience store about half mile from house. Me and the kids did it …roads have 6 inch ruts in them now…nothing been done that I could see as far as road clean-up. Oh why didn’t I try driving? the kids thought it would be “fun” to see the winter wonderland…. yippee 😡 Got the Trick Truck in Launch position at end of my driveway in case of a ‘scramble’ .Don’t see any of the Ice coating they were warning us about….yet. We’ll see what tomorrow brings.

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Dino called and said they are without power and its a on and off thing!
            He was cooking bacon on a space heater !Also said he hasnt been able to get to the shop for two days!
            Me in Connecticut getting hammered with snow!

‘V’

patina
            Participant

V aren’t you glad you retired no 🙂 only thing is you should be visiting Tom in FLA 😆 😆 😆

Pat

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Pat,
                    You are right there!
                    I always thought driving truck in a snow storm and having a root canal were on the same pain level!
                    ‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

“Were Back …Dino with ya, after our one ‘o’clock to 2 o’clock lunch break” ….OPPS wrong year. But- We’re Back—- Power restored at about 2 o’clock and the that’s after ANOTHER 2 inches of snow this morning. Sun came out in Charlotte and the temps are above freezing ,making things melt…a ‘little’. Roads just Stupid..Hey ..ya know its bad when Wal-Mart never opens up. Took another Trick Truck scout mission…EVERY THING closed except KFC-McDonald’s and Burger King. That’s where all the DUKE Energy Trucks were getting something to eat. But , it’ll all freeze again tonight. Photos of our ‘adventure’ coming soon.

dino
                        Keymaster

Gotta have Bacon…Power or no power

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Heres yesterday Am…
                                normal hill to you Yankees…Gridlock Up Or Down

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

yesterday…Ready to Scramble

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Why the power goes out…”maybe’ we ought to trim the trees…DUKE POWER!

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Heavy Accumulation on Tree In My Yard.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

Well,it’s just passed 8:00 am, still some snow coming down here up northern N.Y. Got at least a foot + so far. Suppose to have ‘sun’ this afternoon, however, some wind also there predicting, to go with that! I’ll wait till noon and crank up the ole snow blower. 😉

patina
                                                Participant

I’ll see your foot and raise you another foot and a half. 👿 👿 Got my 4wd suburban with brand new SNOW tires stuck in front of my garage door and only had 63″ of room to get the tractor past it. The tractor with snow blade is 60″ wide after a half hour I got it out 3 hrs later now the suburban still stuck but I got driveway done. 👿 👿 👿

Pat

dino
                                                    Keymaster

You guys should go back a page and see my other photos…At the Shop…It’s all a big slushy mess, that will freeze again tonight. Walmart opened but there lot is a Joke. Hey Ct. Check in …whats happening over there ?

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Just got done after 3 hours of clearing. Had between 12 and 14 inches, and mister, it was ‘heavy’ wet snow! Good for snow balls or making a snow man. The plow trucks ‘gifted’ me with 4+ feet wet packed snow at my driveway entrance. I had to hand shovel 2 feet at the top, so it would pacify my snowblower to clear the rest away! I try to keep a positive attitude as I know spring is not far off and the Dover Nostalgia Drags keeps getting closer! Now for a refreshing cup of hot tea, with honey, and get comfy in my recliner, and call it a day!!! 😉 Pete.

mleroux
                                                            Participant

Hi from Warren Ct. the elevation here is 1200 ft and between foot or more of snow and it being so wet I got stuck trying to plow after going about 30 feet with a full blade of snow and had to get the snow blower out to do at least half the driveway so I didn’t have to plow a full blade , then due both sides of the driveway with the snow blower to widen the driveway cause I still had a foot of snow here cause it didn’t melt from the last storm , 😡 , my son is sick with the stomach bug so I had to do the shoveling too , 😆 ,,, mike l. ,,,

Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.