Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,306 through 4,320 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

What do they call the area behind the starting line where you clean the tires off !!!!
        Gees and I was looking for something to do today!
        Could have brought the Vega up there!
        Babycakes, you kept this all to yourself!!!
        Could bring Pauls AA/Gas Willys there!

‘V’

dino
        Keymaster

V-Bob …Need something to do?…Hit the Attic >>>I know you haven’t shown us ‘everything” . Oh…stay out of the footlocker….

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=703&hilit=attic

babycakes
            Participant

Bob, I kinda lost ‘interest’ in going every weekend to the Lake George Winter Carnival. I’m getting to be an ‘ole’ fart I guess? I was there last weekend for the ‘Outhouse’ races, ect. which was good! In 2011 they celebrated ’50’ years of holding the event. After 45 years, that’s when I backed off of going every other weekend.There were a few times the ‘Lake’ didn’t freeze over,for the event,and they improvised things to do. I’m happy for all the businesses around! Between the snow mobiles , 4 wheelers, skiers, and spectators, are keeping the local business’s registers busy ringing up $$$ which they rely on during this event.

patina
                Participant

Well FART’s, the season has begun 😀 😀 😀

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

Lebanon Valley:
                        April 6….Test & Tune
                        April 12-13 Sat/Sun …Test & Tune
                        April 25-Fri.Open Rental Noon til ?
                        April 27-First ‘Points Race’

dino
                        Keymaster

AND IN OTHER Upstate N.Y. Winter news, The Albany Times Union Reports:

February 9, 2014

DRIVER INJUERED AFTER SPINNING DONUTS ON LAKE GEORGE
                            LAKE GEORGE — Two people suffered minor injuries late Saturday night after they rolled their truck multiple times on the ice-covered surface of Lake George.
                            Police said a truck driven by Derek F. Williams, 25, of South Glens Falls, was attempting to spin doughnuts on the frozen surface of the lake around 11:30 p.m. when the truck struck a snow embankment, sending the vehicle into the air, according to the Warren County Sheriff’s Office.
                            The truck then turned over multiple times before coming to rest of its roof. The sheriff’s office did not specify where on Lake George the accident occurred.
                            Williams and another passenger were transported to Glens Falls Hospital for further evaluation. The sheriff’s office said the investigation into the accident is continuing.

babycakes
                            Participant

Dino, thank you for posting that. Young and foolish, ‘the boys and there toys’, how far can ya go? They were ‘lucky’! Only a few years back 2 of my co-worker friends had snow mobiles that were capable of 90+ mph. Both being married with children,I told them they were ‘nuts’ cruising that speed on the ‘Lake’! If ever they were to hit some debris like a half submerged log for instance, it’s meet your maker time! I’ve seen a few times where sleds went through thin ice (areas were well marked) and sunk to the bottom! One ‘big’ heavy fine,polluting the water on the ‘ Lake’.

patina
                                Participant

GONE SKIING 😎 😎 😎

Pat

babycakes
                                    Participant

It’s about time you ‘treated’ yourself Pat!!! I hope you enjoyed your day, and the ski trails were nice and smooth flying down them!

dino
                                        Keymaster

WONDERFUL …Been Snowing Heavy since about 9am..They say it will go all through Wed turning to ICE ..Power outages predicted…Filled up the Kerosene cans….Just noticed…forgot to put my 2013 Competitor decal on the truck. IF you didn’t get one ’cause some thieving packrat took a pile at the tech lanes -send a stamped self addressed return envelope to Me and I’ll shoot it out to ya (Contact Info at home page)

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Thats It …Iv’e HAD it Clean off the Trick Truck And Go Home…Just got a Recorded Phone call from county. They’re opening up shelters …Freezing rain predicted for All of tomorrow.. downed trees & wires expected.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                Participant

Dino, woke up to -18 below this morning up here in the ‘North’. Not looking forward to 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow! Looks like even you are having a tough time this year, weather wise? See what your missing ( Florida Ole Farts) Tom, John S. and Mikey M. ? A good ‘ole’ fashion winter!!! 😉 😆 😆 😆 . Pete.

john-sachs-sr
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Babycakes:

Dino, woke up to -18 below this morning up here in the ‘North’. Not looking forward to 6 to 10 inches of snow tomorrow! Looks like even you are having a tough time this year, weather wise? See what your missing ( Florida Ole Farts) Tom, John S. and Mikey M. ? A good ‘ole’ fashion winter!!! 😉 😆 😆 😆 . Pete.

Cakes,
                                                        You DON’T want to be here now. Record 80* temps, grass growing an inch per hour, and me and the O.L. both trying to shrug off head colds. 😯
                                                        Stay warm,
                                                        John

dino
                                                        Keymaster

REALLY not looking good here…. was out Twice hand shoveling my driveway …got another 4-5 inches so far ,since it started again today…Took the Trick Truck out on a scouting trip. Roads were Ok yesterday now …almost impassable Lot of hillbilly’s sideways …off the road ….any steep hill is a joke to get up. Whatever they put down on the state highways yesterday that keep it “wet’ is now gone. …packed snow .It Just switched over to Freezing rain, they say will go All Day up to midnight .We could get 1-2 inches of ICE! …Ouch! Just got a recorded phone message from Sheriff dept.that said “Many accidents are reported .we urge you to stay off the roads” So I’ll be home and checking in ….as long as we keep power..

here’s your Dino Accu-weather update at 2:15…..Snow switched over to SLEET…little ice balls about 1/8 of a inch sometimes. Actually knocked all the snow off the trees .staying hunkered in at home, doing paperwork.

patina
                                                            Participant

How ya doin Dino? It should be winding down now, we expect it here to start around 10:00AM tomorrow.

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 4,306 through 4,320 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.