Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote BOBBY S.:

quote Maso:

Is anybody here from Dover Dragstrip Dot Com planning on going to the annual Bowling Green Hot Rod Reunion this year…?

Please get back to me about that soon.

Maso πŸ˜€

You are a day late, they are on the way home now.

Eeee…Yeah…!!! So I found out. I went there last year and it was in July. I got caught flat footed This year. I have learned that it is always planned for Father’s Day.

Bobby… Did you go…? Did you bring the Dragmaster…??? Did you get to run it…? Fill me in…

patina
        Participant

Isn’t this a repro; on E-bay

Back to home page |Listed in category:
            Collectibles>Transportation>Automobilia>Posters>American Vehicles
            Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop>Fan Apparel & Souvenirs>Racing-NHRA

Mouse over image to zoom

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
            VINTAGE STYLE 1960’S DOVER DRAG STRIP EVENT POSTER 23X28
            | Add to watch list
            Seller information
            hotrodlew2 (4615 )
            100% Positive feedback
            Follow this seller
            See other items

AdChoice
            Item condition:Used
            β€œIT IS IN GOOD CONDITION . HAS SOME AGE & EDGE WEAR AND SOME YELLOWING.”
            Time left: 6d 13h (Jul 01, 2014 18:03:24 PDT)
            Starting bid:US $19.99
            [ 0 bids ]

Place bid
            Enter US $19.99 or more

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Pat, hard to say if its old!
                His other stuff listed is old nothing else seems to be repo.

‘V’

patina
                Participant

Upon further reading it is a 70’s copy of the 65 event.

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121371339588?_trksid=p2048036

BOGUS …..Wev’e covered this Before Dates are wrong cars are wrong …Just Stupid. Told the guy Too.

by DINO Β» Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:31 am
                        Cmon Guys …Can’t you see how BAD this thing is!

VINTAGE ORIGINAL 1970’S DOVER DRAG STRIP A/FX POSTER 14X22 ?????????? On E-bay Claims to be “original” looks brand new!
                        70’s Poster ? It Say 1965 Right On It !…Track NEVER did That Size Poster …Cars Never Were Booked ..Flying Dutchman? give me a break…Run off on a Copy Shop “Copier”… So Dumb
                        OH…It says June 23 1965 -THAT WAS A WEDNESDAY…WE Got The Only Source For Real Dover stuff And Authenticity. iv’e contacted the seller and scoulded him .

mikey

Just a short note on my project car. I made a post under Current Rides on my car asking for some help, or ideas, suggestions on getting my car painted. I have not gotten ONE Response!! Do you mean to tell me that out of all the ODFs, nobody has any ideas, really?? Again, I will supply all the materials, paint, hardener, thinners, etc, any body work will be done, and the car will be sanded. will just need prime and paint. I will also help to mask the car. No door jams or under trunk or nose need paint, just the basic car. Thanks. :mrgreen:

babycakes
                            Participant

Mikey,sad to say,no responses.Year’s ago,I had at least 2 or 3 ‘good’ friends,that for a couple of six packs, or invite to dinner,would do it for me, as an ‘act of kindness’. Mikey, do you have any vocational schools around you,like a Boce’s, that has a training class on body work and paint? Usually,all you pay for is the paint and material, and I’m sure I could trust them ( with there instructor) to do a good job.Only thing,you’d have to wait till the next semester in the fall, when school returns. Just an Idea Mikey,that I thought ‘might’ help……Pete.

mikey

Pete, that’s a great idea. I never thought of that!! There is a Tech School almost right down the street, and there are several high schools in the area. Time to get on the phone!! Thanks, Pete, looking forward to seeing you at the Valley in August. I’m flying up and will be hanging out with John Shimer and crew. ……………Mikey :mrgreen:

babycakes
                                    Participant

Your more then welcome Mikey, hope it works out, and me and the boys looking forward to seeing you next month,at the ‘Valley’! We had a ‘blast’ this past weekend up there! A little ‘hot’, for those who were suited up,and ready to run in the staging lanes, however,it’s part of the game you have to play sometimes, but at the end,worth it! We all hope your treatments are coming along well too Mikey! Pete.

babycakes
                                        Participant

A few times in discussions,the subject comes up when talking with ODF members,as to finding someone who would develop a ‘Notheastern Museum’ here in N.Y. State, or Connecticut, to place our drag racing memorbilia and race cars in,prior,or after we pass on. Something like the one in Pa, The Eastern Museum of Motor Racing,which includes stock cars,bikes,ect.I know it would be ‘big’ bucks to build,and yes,it would be nice if a guy like Howie Comander , at Lebanon Valley,supply the land,then find finical backers for the project (food for thought) I know it’s a ‘dream’ at this point, but I hate to see where our racing memorbilia wounds up,if family or friends don’t want any part of it,when it means so much to all of us! πŸ˜‰

babycakes
                                            Participant

Wishing all ODF members a HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!! Be safe if your traveling a distance,and enjoy it with family and friends! πŸ˜› Pete.

bobby-s

Babycakes, check this site, in CT, up and running, hosts shows there also. With in the ODF racing zone.

Home

babycakes
                                                    Participant

WOW!!! I never even heard about it! No more a ‘pipe’ dream! It’s a reality for us guys! Bobby, can’t THANK YOU enough for the info,and have a HAPPY 4TH!!! πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ . Pete

patina
                                                        Participant

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY We celebrate it on the 4th of July.

Pat

don-kauer

Yes….. πŸ˜€ .. Happy 4th to all….Hey Pat, is Big Al’s still on for today…. ❓ ….If it is I’d like to see you guys….Don..

Viewing 15 posts - 4,516 through 4,530 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.