Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

wish i was there to get a pic of that !!!!! … congrats on the award.. looking to shoot (camera) the dragster at the next dover event … God willin’…

bobby-s

Congrats Billy on the award & winning at Epping, also thank you for your help at Epping.

patina
            Participant

October 16: Chevrolet launches the El Camino on this date in 1958
                Justin Hyde By Justin Hyde
                16 minutes ago
                Motoramic
                
                As much as some of us love the idea of this vehicle — and as popular as they remain in Australia — the original Ford Ranchero and the first-generation Chevrolet El Camino, launched on this date in 1958 as a 1959 model, didn’t sit well with Americans in the early ’60s. It wasn’t until Chevy put the El Camino on the Chevelle frame and turned it into the embodiment of rural muscle cars that it really took off. Steve McQueen enjoyed his; even former president Bill Clinton had one, supposedly with AstroTurf in the bed. GM considered reviving the form as an Aussie-built Pontiac several years ago, but the need for four doors and fuel economy regulations made the idea unworkable. (See the Subaru Baja for the necessary, crippling compromises.) Like Tom T. Hall said, there’s just no substitute:

340swinger
                Participant

Thanks Pat, very interesting. Back in about 76 I saw a Mopar ” El Camino ” if you will. I was on the Cross Westchester Expressway in White Plains.
                    It was on a 65 or 66 Dart wagon chassis, left hand drive, kind of a beater, definitely not home made. Since then I’ve been to many many Mopar shows,
                    spoken to all kinds of Aussie’s, Brazilian’s, Mopar fanatics, etc. Everyone tells me I was hallucinating. If it wasn’t for the fact that I had had a Chevy freak
                    friend with me who spotted it first and said “I didn’t know they ever made those” I would be inclined to agree. I saw it one more time ( I think, I’m not
                    sure because I was alone ) in an apartment building parking lot near Byrne bros. Chevrolet. If only I had had a camera!

babycakes
                    Participant

i REMEMBER ABOUT 20+ YEARS AGO,AT THE ANNUAL MAY RHINEBECK CAR SHOW,A KAISER ( I THINK A ’48’) LIGHT TAN COLOR, THAT WAS LIKE A EL CAMINO AND RANCHERO. IT WAS RIGHT HAND DRIVE,ALSO. MY GUESS IT WAS MADE FOR THE FOREIGN MARKET (?). SOMEWHERE IN MY ARCHIVES,I HAVE A PHOTO OF IT.THAT’S LIKE THIS YEAR AT THE ‘VALLEY’ NOSTALGIA DRAGS AND CAR SHOW,A ‘ HUDSON’ SHOWS UP,WHICH I THINK MAY HAVE BEEN USED AS A FUNERAL ‘FLOWER’ CAR (?). HE DID WIN AN AWARD FOR IT,IT WAS MAROON COLOR. AMAZING WHEN THESE THINGS POP UP YOU NEVER KNEW ABOUT! 🙄 PETE.

maso
                        Participant

Attention:

They’re “Live Streaming” from Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield at Bang Shift dot com.

Go to:http://bangshift.com/bs-productions-live-broadcast-page/

I mean… RIGHT NOW…!!!

😮

kman
                            Participant

hey Maso… good chattin’ with you at the drags… stay well my friend…

maso
                                Participant
                                    quote kman:

hey Maso… good chattin’ with you at the drags… stay well my friend…

Everybody…

Log onto Bang Shift dot com for a live feed from Famoso Dragway in Bakersfield California for the Annual Hot Rod Reunion tonight and all weekend. Look for “Maso1947” in the chat room… that’s me…!

K-Man and I were the only ones using the chat room there last night…

You’re missing out on something good…!

I was at that event myself in 2006.

Get with it…!

😛

Patina the red MG guy dropped in there Saturday morning too…

kman
                                    Participant

hey dino…

just on the live stream that Maso spoke of BANGSHIFT … i asked Chad if he got plans to visit a new york track (lebanon valley) .. he says yeah man i would love to go to lebanon valley….. there ya’ go…..

340swinger
                                        Participant
                                            vbob
                                            Participant

HEY
                                                Super Pumpkin time!

‘V’

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

YES IN DEED ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Frank J. Majauskas:

YES IN DEED ❗

Frank… 😎

That is the Avatar that I made up for Bill Casey in the early days of DDS dot com. Billy and I were neighbors in Yonkers when we were kidz…

Go see: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1177

kman
                                                        Participant

don-kauer

Casey hated the Hemi cars with a passion….. 👿 …….We would share stories of street races and kicking the HEMI’S asses on the Hutch with our 311 and 331 motors 😆 ….I don’t say this to piss any of you Mopar guys off but unless you had a good Hemi wrench back in the day your Hemi ran like shit, especially on the street…(This excludes the good NHRA & IHRA Hemi cars) …..Now it’s a different story………And anyway I like the Hemi 😀 I’ll go out on a limb here for Billy and tell you he would be pissed to see a Hemi logo next to a pumpkin 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 4,741 through 4,755 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.