Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,981 through 4,995 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Maso …I told Gene…Oh-Its snowing here with a lot more coming Thursday…just wonderful.

patina
        Participant

Hey I know is’t warm down there, maybe I can send this -12 degree weather your way to cool things off. 👿 👿 👿

Pat

babycakes
            Participant
                quote patina:

Hey I know is’t warm down there, maybe I can send this -12 degree weather your way to cool things off. 👿 👿 👿

Pat

Pat add 10 more degrees to that that I had this morning…-22 below, e nuff is e nuff!!! Pete

tomblake
                Participant

Maso… to add to your story.
                    We were at Englishtown when Sammy broke the Guinness World Records for 1/8 and 1/4 mile speed and et with the Flash Point Vega. In the late 80’s we went to his shop in California to talked about building a jet car. The company I worked for was going to supply the engines and parts for that project. That didn’t work out. The engines we wanted to use were too heavy and the NHRA had already put a weight ban on jet cars.
                    Small world, how close we all seemed to pass to each others path. Never knew that Gene Terenzio had anything to do with Sammy Miller. Pretty interesting.

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

What’s interesting is Tom Blake in a jet car ❗ ❗ 😮 WOW ❗ Love how
                        all these stories pop up….. 😛

Frank… 😎

maso
                        Participant

Blake…

YOU WERE GONNA DO A ROCKET CAR…???!!! With Slammin’ Sammy…!!!

Sheee…IT…!!! 😯

Wait a minute… you said a jet car. That’s not a rocket. My bad.

Sheee…sh…!

seabake
                            Participant
                                patina
                                Participant

No comment!

mikey

Patina, you need to reset the clock in your computer, it’s too fast. :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                        Participant

Maso……Jet car. The company I worked for at the time overhauled turbine and jet engines in Burbank CA. The interest was to convert a turbine to a straight jet (that was something we did at another aircraft engine company I worked for in Connecticut). The NHRA rules at the time put the weight maximum too high or to close to what the limit was at that time. Sammy told us the highest weight limit was based on the current heaviest certified car. The weight limit was to be reduced as the heaviest cars was eliminated. The engine we wanted to use was heavy compared to the engines the new jet cars were getting into. The NHRA was trying to eliminate the heavy cars for safety reasons. I remember Sammy being very personable and easy going gentleman.

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote patina:

Pat

my shop mailbox 10 degrees in “Sunny’ North Carolina…just got almost two inches with 2-5 coming tonight.

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

COOOOOOOL PICTURE 😆 😆 😆

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

WELCOME TO OUR WORLD ❗ 😆 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

maso
                                                        Participant

Click—> http://youtu.be/qqp99nIjbWw

And… I thought I had too much time on my hands…!

kman
                                                            Participant

looks like a “lil chill” on that mailbox… want real ice ???? … come on up the east coast to albany… bring your long underwear !!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,981 through 4,995 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.