Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 4,966 through 4,980 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

We would stop by there after the track on the way back to Elmhurst. Dave and Willie would say they would rather pay for me into the track than feed me. I stopped there on the way back from Marcus Dairy but had no place to park the trailer for a photo in front of the place.

Pat

ricky-white
        Participant
            quote DINO:

Interesting…No Sign…Maybe the Plow got it…But then again…somebody’s doing something, hence the cleared driveway…I’ll make a few calls and find out what sup.

There was a sign but i think it said something about warehouse space for lease, not property for sale. I should have taken a picture of it

How about Patterson anyone remember an Army – Navy store that was on the east side of 22. They were building an old WWII plane in the back. I would always look to see how they were making out, don’t remember if it ever got finished. Patterson is so build up I can’t even figure out where the place was. The place were the old fair was held looks still empty, remember the traffic gams on the way home when it was open.

patina
            Participant

I remember that place I think it had a helicopter out front also.

Pat

23-altered

Last time pass it is a floor and tile store. I remember army-navy store. last time out that way was 2-3 years ago Been some changes in 20-25 years. Silver diner now a pizza joint. When it was a diner I would stop on my way to conn. dragway in the 70s.

23-altered

Was a bus garage on that site 2yrs ago. Spend a lot of time at peckham materials in the cave repair cat loaders.Would always check to dover drag strip.

dino
                        Keymaster

Dover property Update…See this Topic first

http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4470

Scrool down and it has my inquiries to realter info…just called back to get the latest he’s out but will call me also see this

http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4436

Its All here gang use search ( I did) and you can dig it out.

dino
                            Keymaster

Brian McGrath…Realtor friend from my home town, and agent for the property says what I thought…The Plow knocked down the For Sale Sign. Bus Garage still there…tenant has till March 30 to vacate. used as Storage by current land owner that will not break up all the property …still at 7 million. he said ” Guy has so much money, he’ll just sit on it for the right buyer.” Minor continuing work at the old State Hospital…should create some maintenance jobs for a few years. The new owners probably won’t have some sort of ‘school’ open for at least 4-5 years….project moving slowly. Town just idling along…same old -same old.And we have not ruled out putting a Historical marker there. New Republican congressman, that covers that area a fan of Racing…lives near and goes to Lebanon!. We are in contact with his office…..slow wheels of politics.

dino
                                Keymaster

Hold Up on the Photo Galley work…PapaSmurph has been sick.

23-altered

Raced Lakeland dragway to day temp. reach between 83-85 degrees.Car ran 6.23 e.t. 1/8 mile short shut down.Have to be on your toes at the end.

mikey

Nice little track. I’ve run some 6.30 passes and had no trouble stopping. It just makes your eyes get a little bigger!! My Willys is about 2300 lbs, and has 4 wheel Wilwood Brakes. …………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

Not only do you have the ‘GO’ Mikey, you’ve got the ‘WHOA’ also on your Willys!!! 😮 😀 Pete.

dino
                                                Keymaster

SURPRISE….NOW OPEN TO EVERYONE AS I ANNOUNED LAST WEEK ….Click to open for All 4000+ ODF Photo Collections.

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4482

patina
                                                    Participant

I’m gettin one of these 😆 😆 😆 http://youtu.be/Hg8NeJXUn78

Pat

23-altered

Like the hat he has too much time on his hands.

maso
                                                            Participant

I Just found out tonight from this page: http://www.dragracingonline.com/features/miller_b1.html that Gene Terenzio had something to do with Slammin’ Sammy Miller’s Hydrogen Peroxide rocket powered Funny Car back in the early days.

Interesting…

Sammy’s dead from an accident that was not racing related but at a petroleum field somewhere in the country.

I saw one of Sammy’s creations back in the 1980’s at the Hollywood Florida quarter mile and it was spectacular. Just a great big Go-Cart of a contraption with round fuel tanks and a rocket thruster… It was loud and covered the track in about 3.5 seconds at about 350 mph…! This thing had so much power that he set it up to shut off just past the half track and coast the rest…! Good Gawd-a-mighty…! I never saw anything like that before or after that…!

Viewing 15 posts - 4,966 through 4,980 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.