Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,266 through 5,280 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    ricky-white
    Participant
        quote Maso:

quote DINO:

19 Tuckahoe Rd

Okay… that must’ve been at the Saw Mill River Road end of Tuckahoe Rd. There are some industrial buildings up that way.

Yes. It was about three building east of Saw Mill River Rd. on Tuckahoe Rd. north side.. Freds Speed Shop also had sign Home Fuel Oil which was Freds, his son Fred Jr. still is running Home Fuel. The building that was Freds Speed Shop is now a parking lot. There was a garage door and a store front facing Tuckhoe Rd. in the rear there was another garage door that led to next street that paralleled Tucahoe Rd it had a long driveway that was the perfect place to practice hole shots.

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Hey guys, I’m making this post on John Shimer’s behalf. John would like to
            thank Lee Valentine for all his help and direction with John’s 355 ci engine
            that was installed by Donnie Carroll earlier this season. With all of Lee’s advice
            and direction, John has bettered his et by .28 from his first outing. Yesterday,
            at Lebanon Valley with Lee there, John ran his quickest et of 12.62 @ 103 mph. 😮
            As John said about Lee’s advice, ” You can’t beat experience ” ❗ When everything
            is said and done, the Dover guys are family and always help each other. .Thanks again Lee. 😛

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Loading Up….. will take all day..phones -e-mails and messages being handled in between…..Heres the BIG over 3 foot KING of The Hill Casey -Feola Trophy

Attachments:

kman
                Participant

passin’ thru today (tuesday) ..

maso
                    Participant

I haven’t heard from Bruce Hertel in a very long time…
                        He is usually good about staying in touch.
                        Does anybody know if he is okay…?

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant
                            quote Maso:

I haven’t heard from Bruce Hertel in a very long time…
                            He is usually good about staying in touch.
                            Does anybody know if he is okay…?

Check with Grover. They usually stay in touch.
                            John

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Thank you Dino for doing such a fine job with this years Dover Drag Strip Race!!
                                The race is like a fine aged 7 year old wine!
                                Getting better as the years go by!!
                                Looking forward to #8!Without Dino this event would not be!!
                                OH, thanks to all that stopped by and said HI!!!!
                                Had new hood issues that need to be sorted out so had to lift at 1/2 track in the 2nd round!
                                A couple more 1/4 turns should do the trick for Epping!!
                                Thanks to all my friends who helped over the weekend!
                                LOVE you all!
                                Congrats to my crew chief Mike Leroux for winning in the car show with his dark blue 55!! ‘V’

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

OK ,I guess I’ll be the one to say it!

DINO, seeing the average age of an ODF is 99 years old howbout having the LUCKY FLYIN 8th DOVER DRAG STRIP RACE at least a month later in the season!
                                    Like the end of September 2016!!!!Not the hottest time of the year!!!
                                    ‘V’

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Wanna be cheap and just look at the pics of the Dover race or you can buy one or all of them taken by Jim Knight !!
                                        ‘V’

babycakes
                                        Participant
                                            quote VBOB:

HEY

OK ,I guess I’ll be the one to say it!

DINO, seeing the average age of an ODF is 99 years old howbout having the LUCKY FLYIN 8th DOVER DRAG STRIP RACE at least a month later in the season!
                                            Like the end of September 2016!!!!Not the hottest time of the year!!!
                                            ‘V’

I 100% agree with Bob! Dino….Do your ‘magic’,and see if somehow you can change Dover ‘8’ to late Sept. Believe me,when standing in the staging lanes (especially if the track shuts down for awhile,like an engine blew) in close to 90 degree temps, it certainly effects us ole farts,draining you out damned near completely! Unfortunately,we’re not as ‘young’ as we use to be,and makes ya ‘miserable’!!! Please try your best,I’m sure many other ODF’s feel the same way! Pete.

dino
                                            Keymaster

OK ….. I’m back at my shop.Just unloaded the rental van and peeled all the decals off.(anybody get a shot of it? all ‘pimped’ up thanks to Louie at Economy Signs) .Some quick Dino’s “Bits From The pits” All can say is: Over all…Total Success Car! count up (I’ll have all the figures later-Plus Sue at the track is running off all the race results for me).Car Show with the Dead End Cruisers flawlees operation…I Let them do all the judging…they ran it perfect AND highest car count ever since we’ve been at Lebanon. DRAG ALLEY was just Kool… Chevamoco Great. Blown Hearse-Moroso-Hellzappopin-Red Alert …Opps if I start naming everything I’ll be here all day. Stop…. Now were was I —-Oh….. BIG SHOUT OUT and a tip of the Dover Hat TO ALL OUR SPONSORS-Lisa Bobby-Richie …they make it happen and I couldn’t pull it off without their help & Support. So Many behind the scenes people …I’ll post all that when my body catches up to my brian (4 hours driving Sunday Night & TEN hours Mon.)………………………………………………………………………………… NOW Don’t carve this in Granite…already conferenced call with Wayne ….there Is a ‘possibilty’ that we ‘might’ be able to move the party to Sept. a lot has to be adjusted and his NHRA schedule at Lebanon is being added to/moved around and things are up in the air with other annual events, at his track And Epping. All I can say is he’s all for it and will work on our behalf to try to make it happen.( He And Howie Like the Event-that puts us in the front of the picking line )….he does have to approve things with different people. But the Talk has begun and we “seem” to be in good position to ‘bounce’ something else to make room for us. Lets just say with five great years, we have preference and ‘clout’ now. ,…………….Dumb rumor I picked up…This is the last one -NO Plan now for the 8th annual ! With more fine tuning and ‘stuff’..Getting very nice thank you calls and thanks for all the photos ! back to unloading and sorting everything dumped on the garage floor….More later.

patina
                                                Participant

Dino you did “GOOD”

Thanks,

Pat and the “Linguine Bros” crew

kman
                                                    Participant

Great Job Dino and Crew !!!! .. we had a blast !!!! … oh… and heres the van pics you wanted….

hvy70ss
                                                        Participant

Got nothing put positive vibes from anyone I was in contact with this weekend..and I did get around. General opinion is…Wow, this is really turning into a big event! Outside of normal breakage on the track, the racing went like clockwork. Can’t wait till next year…let the planning begin. Excellent job Dino!!

Bobby Smith

dino
                                                            Keymaster
                                                                quote patina:

Dino you did “GOOD”

Thanks,

Pat and the “Linguine Bros” crew

Hey..You & Brother Mike Did good! saw that Wheelstand shot…Oh-If Mike doesn’t bring out the Comp Coupe next year , I’ll be on your case!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,266 through 5,280 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.