Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

Pat,I’m kinda ‘curious’, what was the asking bid on the ‘Golden Gasser’? Do you remember? Pete.

patina
        Participant
            quote Babycakes:

Pat,I’m kinda ‘curious’, what was the asking bid on the ‘Golden Gasser’? Do you remember? Pete.

No Pete I don’t and I may be mistaken, I may have seen it on the Hamb site.

Pat

kman
            Participant

Is this it ???

George Nichols from Slingerlands, another Albany suburb, ran this car called The Golden Gasser that absolutely everybody in the Capital District knew about. It was a 1953 Ford two-door sedan with a 327 Chevy, built at Don’s, that was moved way back in the chassis, and ran in D/Gas. George had put a straight front axle from an International truck underneath it. This photo was taken in 1967 at the Tri-City Flywheelers car show, which was held at the armory on New Scotland Avenue in Albany. With this car, George went to the quarterfinals at the first Summernationals held at Englishtown. Don, Wayne Seabridge and Bob Newberry founded the Flywheelers because nobody had a place to work on their cars.

patina
                Participant

Yes Kman that is it.

Pat

babycakes
                    Participant
                        quote patina:

Yes Kman that is it.

Pat

I second the motion, yep, THAT’S IT, K Man!!! Pete.

patina
                        Participant

Another Dover dragster picture on ebay. eBay item number:381433130411

Pat

kman
                            Participant

Just now back from lake placid.. leaf peepin’ … check this out !!! … took it on the way to tupper lake….

and… thought of this..

babycakes
                                Participant

WOW K Man, that’s a picture of a ‘lifetime’ !!! Thanks for sharing! Pete.

kman
                                    Participant

Thanks Pete .. i must say that view took me by surprise…

maso
                                        Participant

George Brazee has a Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/george.brazee.7

😀

babycakes
                                            Participant

MARTY T. (a.k.a 4X4 Vega) if your out there? Any update on Billy Milano’s old B/G Mustang restoration, with the ‘new’ owner,in Highland? Just curious Marty, it’s been a while!…THANKS!…Pete.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Cakes….Brian has more info on this …I’ll tell him to snoop around

babycakes
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote DINO:

Cakes….Brian has more info on this …I’ll tell him to snoop around

THANKS Dino, Yeah,that’s Brian’s new stomping grounds !!! Pete.

patina
                                                        Participant

Wow cold and snow at Mills Mansion this year!

Pat

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Hey Pat, burrrrrrrrrr ❗ 😮 Got some real die hard car guys out there ❗ Hey, Congrats to Erica Enders
                                                                on her Pro Stock win at Dallas today. Currently #1 in the Pro Stock points with a couple races to go. 8 wins this year ❗ “Just freaking AWESOME” ❗ I guess you can tell that I’m a fan of her’s ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 5,356 through 5,370 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.