Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

We was all ready to head out to the mills mansion show.. then i saw the snow.. that took care of that plan …

babycakes
        Participant

WOW Pat!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Like Frank said,I give a lot of credit to the ‘diehards’ that withstood the weather elements; no doubt is was cold and miserable conditions,even as a spectator! …Pete.

dino
            Keymaster

Just talked to Wayne from Lebanon…had to cancel racing Sun…too much snow on track…”and now it starts…” Did give me promising news”…Our Sept date looking better (tentative Sept. 24-25 2016) once I get the Green light …Look out internet. Funny what month can do….Aug HOT 😮 —Sept-Nice 😀 —Oct (end) …Cold /snow 😯 .Note …My cell phone number has changed….sorry bout that…Ask for access …to ‘qualified field operatives’ Shop same …910-997-4444 here ‘always’ it seems. Had our first almost frost here today…’bout 33 overnight.

babycakes
                Participant

“GREAT” NEWS DINO!!! I hope it becomes ‘carved in stone’ set date for us! Also,will this effect both the ‘car’ show,and ‘swap’ meet that’s usually held at the same time,along with N.E.T.O, and East Coast Gassers schedules??? Just curious?

mleroux
                    Participant

🙁 🙁 🙁 I just saw on NHRA the schedule for the Hot Rod Reunion for 2016 and it doesn’t include Epping , it was good while it lasted , 🙄 🙄 ,,,mike ,,,

kman
                        Participant

Sad … it was a great time…

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

Word was going around there at this years NHRA NEW ENGLAND HOT ROD REUNION EPPING ,N.H.race that 2015 might be the last!!!
                                I guess the Fat Lady sang!
                                ‘V’

babycakes
                                Participant

My ‘personal’ opinion,it was a bit ‘disorganized’ for the event! A bit of mass confusion it seemed, with lineups to run,and organization. I know one of the other clubs I belong to,’East Coast Gassers’ were very displeased and disappointed with not having a set spot for the organization to park in,at first,then ‘many’ delays to run there cars down the track. Rumor has it they were gonna cancel going there in 2016! I guess it was
                                    too much for Epping to handle, the N.H.R.A program event???…Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Pete, Hope you’re doing better? I missed seeing you at the H.R. Reunion back in August.
                                        I’m thinking that it wasn’t New England Dragway’s fault, it was NHRA’s lack of organization?
                                        Too much down time for the racers and a lack of scheduling. The big reason for the event
                                        cancellation was probably the low attendance!! Anyway, it’s a shame! We all love those
                                        nostalgia race cars. A blast from the past that paved the way to today’s race cars ❗

Frank… 😎

patina
                                        Participant

It’s official! The East Coast Nationals return to its original home – the scenic Dutchess County Fairgrounds in Rhinebeck, New York, June 10-12, 2016

Pat

babycakes
                                            Participant

Hey Frank….doing ‘great’! Still a bit of swelling on the foot yet,but at least no more cane,or walker; plus the V.A. taking ‘good’ care of me, medical wise! And you best believe I ‘missed’ big time,seeing you guys at the 25th Dover Reunion!!! But anyhow,you hit the nail on the head what you said about Epping! YES!!! I too,blame N.H.R.A for being ‘disorganized’, and ‘greedy’! It’s organization is all about politics and money nowadays! A monopoly it’s turned into! When you go to an N.H.R.A event,whether your running,or spectate, better have a ‘thick’ wallet to thin out some! Anyway….rumor has it Maplegrove ,Pa. to hold the event in the future (?).We’ll see!…Pete.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Couple of things…First PAT…Where can we get ALL the info on East Coast Nationals at Duchess??? Second…The HOT ROD REUNION at Epping…I’m gonna dig And Find out for Sure…I sat in the Dover Booth all day Sat and was able to Monitor All the Racing right behind me …or lack of it …Like supposed to sart at 9: 30 didn’t put a pair down the track till 11 And they blew (first Pair) …so it was clean-up time …Way Too long…Lebanon crew could show them how to do it. Then every other run it seemed there was ANOTHER oil Down.THEN at 2pm they shut Everything down for over an hour to give out awards in the white tent. Spectators paying 25. and asking me “why aren’t they running? .Oh …8oz. coffee -2.50 “medium fries’ 7.00 and Ice cream for 5-7 . Very unorganized and too expense.Note: the NHRA Museum runs this and don’t have a clue to race event operation.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Got Messages out on e-mail and my phone contacts to Folks I deal with at NHRA Museum to confirm or deny New England Hot Rod Reunion being moved or cancelled.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Pete, glad you’re on the mend. We go to a couple NHRA National Events a year. After all these years of
                                                            attending (E-Town 37 straight yrs) and all of Epping’s 3 yrs., we seen the prices go up on admission and
                                                            food and drinks concessions. At E-Town they sell Gatorade for $3.50=20oz bottle. I can buy it at my local grocery for .59=32 oz bottle on sale. Gatorade is a Coca Cola product, who are major sponsors of NHRA.
                                                            At Epping, every water concession stand was selling water for $4.00 a bottle. Give me a break ❗ God
                                                            forbid you don’t bring your own food and drink. Admission averages $50 pr. adult and they can’t even
                                                            field a full class of Pro cars. 🙄 It cracks me up, they shoot a couple t-shirts into the stands and they
                                                            expect everyone to get excited. They give a pair of tickets through a phone/text lottery for the next
                                                            years event. They know what they have to do to fill the seats, but they won’t do anything because they
                                                            don’t want to take a cut in pay ❗ 😮 “It is what it is”,Right? 😆

Frank… 😎

kman
                                                            Participant

As a racer.. i can’t comment… taking pics ?? i had a blast… hope they run this event again… yes.. a bit of “downtime” but that gave me a chance to get around… and thats good as i tend to walk.. not run… if i raced i would have probably thought other… as far as the concessions .. be prepared to get ripped off … seems to be what you get at most events…

Viewing 15 posts - 5,371 through 5,385 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.