Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant
        quote kman:

Check out the ad at the Lebanon Valley Drag Strip for “Saw Mill Auto” in the background of this picture…

http://www.sawmillauto.com/

Yonkers is a very long way from the Albany/Springfield area isn’t it…!!!

kman
        Participant

^^^^^ … about a two and a half hour ride from albany…

kman
            Participant

Anybody ever into these little sticks of dynamite ???? ….

patina
                Participant

Close K-man I was 17 years old and had moved out to LI when I went to visit my friend Willie (The Welder) at the new Speed Garage shop off of Queens Blvd. in Elmhurst, anyway he had a Griffith in the shop and asked me to move it. I had a shit-eating grin after driving that thing down the street and pulling a 5 grand hole shot in this little rocket. Not quite a Cobra but mighty close. Ironically I moved out to Syosset LI where Griffith’s were made.

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

Larsen Ford had a few customers that came to Dover with a cobra

dino
                        Keymaster

I’ll be Heading To INDY next Thursday,for The Big PRI Show…like 1100 vendors, all race guys. Hanging out with Moroso crew and beating the bushes for Race Sponsors…Got a lot I want to add to Race this year…Gonna see who’ll hop on board to help .
                            http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant
                                quote kman:

Anybody ever into these little sticks of dynamite ???? ….

We were one of the largest volume Shelby and Griffith dealers in the country,at Larsen Ford back in the day. 😀
                                Larsen set me up with a high performance department in a different building, where I used to prep, and modify a lot of the cars during the “Muscle Car Era”.
                                The Griffiths were, IMO, death traps, because of their tall gearing( TVR bodies that would run 110 mph in 2nd gear). The stock 66 427 Cobras, were scary fast for a street car. I had to give driver training sessions to some of the customers so the cars wouldn’t get away from them. 😮

Dino,
                                I used to go to the PRI show every year that it was in Orlando. A very good show.
                                John

dino
                                Keymaster

INDY bound…7am flight thurs am out of Charlotte…1100 exhibitors…All race guys I’ll be in their Face about the Race…hey that rhymes 🙄
                                    http://www.performanceracing.com/tradeshow/

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Dino, have a safe trip ❗
                                        Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                        Participant

What’s going on with this weather????? 🙄 almost feels like spring,even up here in the ‘north’! Must be some ‘temptation’ for those who already put away there ‘hot-rods’,and ‘drag’ cars! Other than feeling sorry for skiers, like Pat D. I don’t mind it,having a limited break! 😉 Pete.

dino
                                            Keymaster

….Just Back from INDY PRI show…Just gigantic
                                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=4634

Hit the show Thursday at 12:30 after 7am flight out of Charlotte. (Left my house at 3:30 am -Tom Blake hours).Back at the Center by 7am Friday for All day ‘promotin’ til 5;30 ….I had my roll around carry on case converted to a rolling file cabinet for all my press releases and Sponsor Packets. The place is like BIG(Convention Center)…more than a 1/4 mile wide …Nice Indiana city…last there in ’68 for the nationals. So many exhibitors…so many people! to connect with…Mission accomplished…Updates on my success to be finalized…BUT ,they all knew about Dover and our Race.Flew out 7;30 friday night and finally home by about 1:30 am. Takes 2 hours to drive from Charlotte Airport to home. Heres a link to 242 shots
                                                https://www.facebook.com/al.liebmann/media_set?set=a.934525413291742.1073742074.100002028775212&type=3&pnref=story&hc_location=ufi
                                                saw stuff like this . . .Oh…theres my rolling promo file cabinet,just above the front tire…chocked full of printed goodies

Attachments:

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Great job Dino!!
                                                    I don’t know HOW ya do it but you are the man!!
                                                    Thanks for all your hard work !
                                                    ‘V’

dino
                                                    Keymaster

V just for the record…I’m pooped!

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Here’s our Promo stuff I designed and printed to Take to PRI.

Attachments:

mleroux
                                                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 I stopped by my neighbors house today , Jim Beckman , he owns and drives a Top Dragster and owns a Super Stock D Mustang driven by Jeff Roell , to get an update on their racing programs for next season , Jeff won Indy driving Jim’s 2010 SS/D Mustang this year and Jim asked me if I knew were he can find a picture of Jeff and the Mustang in the winners circle at Indy , if any one knows were he can get one please let me know , at seasons end Jim was 6th in points and Jeff was 3rd in points in Division 1 😆 😆 😆 ,,, mike ,,, Hi Frank ,,,

Viewing 15 posts - 5,461 through 5,475 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.