Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,566 through 5,580 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

I asked Lee Valentine How Al Lombardo was doing…he replied “Al’s doing well, had skin graft surgery on his leg this week. Keeping him in hospital over the weekend to keep him off his feet. Should be able to get home Monday.”

dino
        Keymaster

PAT Chip still has car …Here he is at Marcus a few years ago in great photos by Bobby Schlegel
            Try ZELLNER in search
            Try search Prussian…Found this
            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=971

Has HIS OWN “BIG BAND”
            Performing Great Music from Great Bands including Buddy Rich, Maynard Ferguson, Woody Herman, Stan Kenton, Glen Miller and Tommy Dorsey
            General Manager
            Chip Zellner
            860-355-0010
            ezellner1606@charter.net
            ….just talked to Chip’s wonderful wife..Chip was out at the Doctor with some kind of possible Lime disease issue,but he’s doin fine.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Heres Chip’s Band playing ! Hey …Maybe they can Do Polkas

Attachments:

patina
                Participant

Found it all Dino. This picture was on HAMB I just filled in the dots.

Pat

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

HEY
                        Best of luck Chip with the Lyme !
                        I had it for a 2nd time in my life last month and almost died!
                        Maybe the 3 rd time is the charm!!!
                        Kiss my ass tick!!!!!

‘V’

dino
                        Keymaster
                            quote patina:

Found it all Dino. This picture was on HAMB I just filled in the dots.

Pat

They lifted it from T. O ” Shea collection.

kman
                            Participant

I thought it was supposed to be at least “warm” in Florida this time of year… i been freezing my ass off !!!! … 30’s at night … 🙄 …

mleroux
                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 K-Man , we feel bad for you , I hope you feel bad for us cause it has been 10 and 15 degrees most mornings for a week and it is not done yet here in Connecticut and I know it is even colder for baby-cakes up near Lake George NY. enjoy your time in the warmer climate ,,, mike ,,, Hi Frank ,,, 😆 😆 😆

kman
                                    Participant

Thank ya’ Mr. Mike for the reality check… 🙂 … next year God willin’ maybe Bora Bora … HAAAA… nahhhhh… don’t think there is any drag racin’ there… looking foward to going to Bradenton at the end of the month .. see what the south got… stay warm my friend and we shall do the same…

dino
                                        Keymaster

Go ,figure, they’re predicting Ice storm for Us Fri…could be real accumulation to bring down trees ( No Power)…moving into Snow Sat. up North Snow only goes to Bottom half of Ct. ,But The Temps at KMAN’S house ,near the track down into the teens. Wind and drifting in Jersey-Penn. southern N.Y. there…. Dino with you’re daily Weather Report….Famous for this …See:

IMG_1500

My inspiration https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1uaw3WIOlc

babycakes
                                            Participant

Dino,I feel bad for my ODF’s,and my family down in Jersey, that’s gonna take the blunt of it all! Me, I’ll be dodging the bullet, up here in northern New York. It’s suppose to be from Albany south and east I guess,that’s gonna get hit! 😮 🙄 😥 Pete.

vbob
                                                Participant

HEY

Ive posted about this before and people doubted me!
                                                    I have said that there were video cameras WITH SOUND for sale to the general public before Dover Drag Strip closed in 1976 !
                                                    Here is one a guy said he bought in 1975 to take home movies for sale on Craigs List!
                                                    Sooo where are the videos??????????
                                                    Gotta be out there someplace!!

‘V’
                                                    http://nwct.craigslist.org/pho/5331843780.html

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Hey V-Man, Maybe the guys that bought those expensive video cameras were not
                                                        drag racers or drag racing fans ❓ 😮 When you think about it, how many guys that
                                                        raced seriously or just for fun carried a camera with them to the track ❓ 🙄 Not
                                                        very many, or we would have tons of racing pictures…

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                                        Participant

FRANK, your 100% right!!! The ‘last’ thing I would ever remember,was bringing a camera along! Mostly,I remember was the girls who tagged along would bring the cameras to take pictures.The reason I guess for ‘me’ was I was a ‘racer’, most of the time,not a ‘spectator’! Either I was working on my race car,or a friends,or bench racing with others,in the pits. Don’t get me wrong, I’m ‘thankful’, and ‘greatful’ to those who took the ‘classic’ pictures,back in the day, for us to enjoy nowadays! 😉 🙂 Pete.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Still shots Yeah…V-Bob…We got 4000 and every once in a while ,a new batch crops up…I think the issue with the Movie cameras was the Cost. Back then when they introduced new technology,it was expensive.
                                                                ‘$225.” in 1975 is worth:
                                                                $1,017.97 in 2015

Canon Auto Zoom 518 Super 8 according to Canon Camera Museum marketed September 1967. It has a price tag on the box for $229.90 from North Park Camera in San Diego. $229.90 in 1972 518 has a sound feature which is not mentioned at the Canon site and is not included in the manual except on a separate loose page which explains the process. The box also refers to the sound feature only with a separate sticker stuck on the box. Involved a hip hung Casette player wired to the camera

Kodak Ektasound 130 (1973-77) The first camera to record image and sound on magnetically stripped Super 8 film. ( Unfortunately, it is difficult to get film that will work in these cameras today.sold for $224.50.

Found all this At …

http://www.mrmartinweb.com/movie.html

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 5,566 through 5,580 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.