Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,836 through 5,850 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

Ummmmm… thats close !!!! … ๐Ÿ˜ฏ …

babycakes
        Participant

V Bob,I was curious about that 1928 ‘Hog’ you spotted at Brimfield,asking 50g’s.I spoke to my friend AL,in Kingston ( he restores Indian and Harley Davidson classic bikes,also very savy,on there history), and he said it’s a ‘board track’ racer,and if it’s got history,more than likely,will get that kinda money for it! Sure surprised me!!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Pete.

dino
            Keymaster

DOVER DRAGS BOOSTER DEAL DEADLINE moved to JUNE 15.

Re: 2015 DOVER DRAGS AY THE VALLEY … SUNDAY

vbob
                Participant

HEY

FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

‘V’

maso
                    Participant
                        quote VBOB:

HEY

FRIDAY THE 13TH!!!

‘V’

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n9IUdPXOH8

The Yonkers Daily Voice has been reporting about it all week.

Go see: http://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/news/overturned-truck-shuts-down-tzb-lanes-delays-stretch-back-to-white-plains/659706/
                        and
                        http://yonkers.dailyvoice.com/news/woman-gives-birth-during-tzb-crash-that-delays-chappaquas-bill-clinton/659969/

Bill Clinton got caught up in the traffic delay… Imagine that…!

vbob
                        Participant
                            babycakes
                            Participant

Yeah,no doubt the guy was wrong,and if ‘you do the crime,you do the time’; but here’s a case where this guy stayed pretty ‘straight’,and now in poor health besides, ya kinda feel for him he’ll be spending probably the rest of his life,in jail! I think about how every day of his life, since he escaped,what ‘fear’ he had,getting caught all these years! Amazing story!!!

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Our Ted Tine talks about the late Morley Safer in Chester ,Ct..
                                    ‘V’

http://fox61.com/2016/05/19/chester-remembers-morley-safer-and-his-legacy/

kman
                                    Participant

zoom…

tomatohead
                                        Participant

I was Very HONORED to be asked to sit in and steer “Clem Lachances” “The Mad Frenchman” Maverick back on to his trailer as “REVIN KEVIN” has gotten the car from the family , and I think its safe to say it will be at the “DOVER REUNION” this year ๐Ÿ˜€ ………….. I have also had the Pleasure of Racing with “CLEM” at Island Dragway back in 2000 !! He told me stuff to do to my car and that day I ran 11.55 @ 121.95 mph at Island , with my 83 T-Bird 351 CLEVELAND …but it wasnt enough to pass him !! ๐Ÿ˜€ and his SIX !!! THANKS CLEM !!!

Attachments:

patina
                                            Participant

Glad to see the car going to a good home and keeping the tradition alive. Good Luck Kevin. And Mater Clem beat a lot of us, he blew me away during time trials at the Nostalgia drags.

Pat

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mater, you made this gloomy day, a ‘bright’ one! That’s “GREAT” news!!! I’m glad it’s in ‘good’ hands now,with Kevin,and the tradition of
                                                    Clem’s ‘The Mad Frenchman’,will live on!!!! All of us feel the same…Clem is sadly missed,and was to say the least,a ‘super’ sharp ‘Ford’ man!!! Pete. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ™‚ Pete.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Thanks for the great news about The Mad Frenchman!
                                                        The legend lives on!!!
                                                        OH, hows the garden?

seabake
                                                        Participant

I check this site pretty much daily, sometimes more then once a day. Have not seen a mention of this Dennis Tate video posted on YOU TUBE. Posted in February and only has 53 or so views. 30 minutes long. Did I just miss it or what? Good quality video.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

RE: Video ..First inaccurate info about land sold 3 years ago…Just sold monthes ago (we have info here) not to land developer But a College.All that about new houses incorrect.Most footage very old …Tate not really ‘part of our group’.He states 2007 “last” video taken. Incorrect …we were there in 2009 and many times after with plenty of visits and video….see what I mean…He’s ‘out of the loop”.This is old footage…Adams Diner was replaced years ago with a gas station.

Heres About Track Sold in 2016 ! : by DINO ยป Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:25 am

BULLITEN Just Talked to THE real Estate agent,Brian McGrath, that listed it…IT SOLD last month to OLIVET University… they also own the old Harlem Valley State Hospital…he said expect 2500 students & 700 teachers…the Old town will greatly benefit from New jobs and Economy impact ! ….you heard it here first .
                                                                I goggled the address and found a “pending” so I called him up. HE SAID since I posted that photo of the for sale sign .. he had a bunch of new inquiries, including Skip Barber driving school.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,836 through 5,850 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.