Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 5,911 through 5,925 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    kman
    Participant

kman
        Participant

And so… If you didn’t make it to the show… You just did … Hope you enjoyed it… Peace..

dino
            Keymaster

OK …Heres you’re laugh for Today…Are we getting old or what ? :The amazing hit from the world’s oldest rock band and most unlikely global superstars – The Zimmers – with a 90-year-old lead singer and a combined age of more than 3,000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqfFrCUrEbY

babycakes
                Participant

Once again K-Man, “THANK YOU” for sharing,some terrific-eye catching photos!!! NICE JOB!!! :geek: 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

kman
                    Participant

I Appreciate the kind words Pete .. Thank You…

patina
                        Participant

Kman that last picture of a black 39 Willys sedan is brother Mike’s car, a 30 plus year old build. Tube chassis by your’s truely. And that beautiful 65 Olds whale next to it is mine. It was the cheapest priced 2dr car running and driving on the fairgrounds for sale at $3900.00 but no takers.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

K-Man, Awesome photos as usual ❗ Beautiful pictures of beautiful cars ❗ Hey Pat, is the last
                                picture that K-Man posted of a 39 Willys chopped sedan your brother Mike’s old car ❓ Dino, that
                                video of “Our Generation” is wild ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Pat, I guess we were both posting at the same time ❓ Mike’s old ride
                                    still looks great…ty

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                    Participant

I’ve been around a ‘lot’ of Willys ‘gassers’, street rods,what have you? And Mike’s ’39’ is one I fell in love with,many moons ago,from the first time I laid my eyes on it!!! LOOK AT IT!!! It looks like it was just built, yet it’s been 30+ years,since it’s conception !!! One of the “NICEST” ones around,without question!!! I give both Mike and Pat a ‘big’ CONGRATULATIONS, on there workmanship,and craftsmanship,for building this unique, ‘rare’ street rod Willys!!!!!! :geek: 😉 🙂 Pete.

kman
                                        Participant

We were walking out of the show and that Willys caught my eye.. I said to Sue “now theres one you don’t see everyday .. beautiful car” … i had no idea it was Mike’s car … awesome car you got there Mike !! …

dino
                                            Keymaster

Brian Kresman’s wife driving one of their cars…this was a result of junk, made in China, Master cylinder fail from a NAPA store.Just saw another junk trailer tire failure …Made in China..Brian now has a Made in USA unit…Buy American…Trumps right . China is exporting crap.

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

Hey as far as I’m concerned, you can blame it on the politicians and corporate greed ❗
                                                    Our politicians did nothing to stop corporations from sending all manufacturing work to
                                                    China and other countries. They (politicians & corporate America) killed manufacturing
                                                    in the USA. They forced skilled factory workers with decades of experience to seek
                                                    employment in other fields. For centuries, US factory skills have been passed down to the
                                                    next generation worker, keeping the American pride and quality our main concern. Now,
                                                    because of greed, we lost a generation of American Craftsman that will never pass their
                                                    skills and knowledge down to keep American quality going. They dug a hole and threw
                                                    manufacturing into it. Now all they have to do is throw the dirt on top ❗ Thanks for
                                                    letting me vent….

Frank… 😎

kman
                                                    Participant

^^^^ Frank hit the nail right on the head… I was in manufacturing (machinist) from 1964 to 2010 when i retired. i started on manual machines and ended with CNC. Got my ass kicked at times by the old school master machinists but developed the skills and prided myself on quality. Now fast forward to 1980 when i went to work for the DOD ( Department Of Defense ) .. Holy Mackeral what an eye opener… yeah.. Quality was talked about but rarely shown. Quantity was what it was all about. For the last 5 years there , it was my job to train both machinists and apprentices.. not an easy task… you had machinists who thought they knew it all and apprentices that basically didn’t want to learn shit. How half of them got hired i’ll never know. And so… like Frank said.. Politicians, Corporate Greed.. and now throw in Lazy Bastards that don’t give a shit. And… let me add that once hired by the government it almost takes an act of congress to get your ass fired… so.. you will be looking at the lazy ones for a long time and they usually make these people Supervisors.

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Frank and K-Man…My hats off to both of you! Let the “TRUTH” be told,from both of you,through knowledge, and experience!!! Bless you guys for expressing ‘reality’! I too,can join you with my 42 years,working in a dealership ‘service’ dept.and ‘greatfull’ I learned my automotive skills from the ‘old’ school automotive ‘mentors’, when I first started! Nowadays, it’s no more ‘mechanics’,the term is ‘technicians’ (most having 2 years of ‘automotive’ college), working with electronics, computer testing,ect. Most of them lacking ‘the old common sense’ of repairing a problem,if the ‘computer’ can’t produce the answer for them,there ‘lost’! Ask them to rebuild a carb,or even a starter motor,would be a nightmare for them to challenge,sorry to say!!! “YES” gentlemen,you 100% right! The ‘pride’ work in America is forever being taken over by the word ‘production’,and the foreign market!!! We were ‘lucky’ in our lifetime,to have worked hard,and took ‘pride’,in working years!..I rest my case, and I applaud Pat D. (‘Baby Torque’ M.G.) he still buys,everything “MADE IN AMERICA”!!! Bless him!….Pete.

patina
                                                            Participant

I forgot to post this yesterday June 17

buon compleanno Brother Mike

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 5,911 through 5,925 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.