Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,511 through 6,525 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

I’m sure by now you have all heard of this. https://youtu.be/3vD6A6NxySQ. Absolutely incredible.

Pat

vbob
        Participant

HEY

Dont forget to change your roll bar padding from the ” swimmingpool noodle”foam to SFI 45.1 SPEC at $10 a foot!!!!
            ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
            Participant

HEY

Etown nostalgia drags Sunday July 23 !
                Usually a great event till the hot summer 12 noon rains come in !

Whats up with this, cut off year is 1987!!!!!!
                Is this somethin new ??I ran the 73′ Vega there with no problem getting in!

‘V’

http://www.etownraceway.com/schedule/old_time_drags.aspx

patina
                Participant
                    quote VBOB:

HEY

Etown nostalgia drags Sunday July 23 !
                    Usually a great event till the hot summer 12 noon rains come in !

Whats up with this, cut off year is 1987!!!!!!
                    Is this somethin new ??I ran the 73′ Vega there with no problem getting in!

‘V’

http://www.etownraceway.com/schedule/old_time_drags.aspx

Still can Bob!

Pat

patina
                    Participant

An interesting tidbit.
                        https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/284fbd24-0b78-310d-8c98-d0988a2a808d/ss_one-of-the-last-airworthy.html

U.S.
                        One of the last airworthy Boeing 747-200s flies into retirement
                        USA Today 8 hours ago
                        Reactions Like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
                        SEATTLE — A Kalitta Air Boeing 747-200 delivers a soft puff of white smoke as the jet completes its second-to-last landing ever Thursday at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport. On Friday, the jet and its crew will shuttle the airplane back to Kalitta Air’s home base in Michigan, where the airplane will be retired for good by the cargo carrier. In a time when the iconic jetliner has been disappearing from fleets across the globe at an astounding rate, another 747 biting the dust may not seem particularly remarkable. Yet this particular airplane stands out among the crowd: It’s one of the last airworthy 747-200s. “I tell ya, this is a nice airplane. It’s old-school,” Capt. Scott Jaykl says during …
                        Read more

Pat

bobby-s

Baby cakes saw this on face book on
                            Blast from the Past Drag Racing site.

Attachments:

babycakes
                            Participant

Yep! I remember that, and THANK YOU Bobby, for sharing the picture! That was ‘1964’, at Charlestown, R.I. It was a military air strip they used for drag racing also, just like Montgomery, in Orange County, N.Y. I sure do miss those days Bobby, all but a ‘golden’ memory!!! 🙂 Mr.Pete.

kman
                                Participant

Hey… D … 2017 shaping up to be one hell of an event… got 3 chips for the camera and just need a bunch of batteries… also… if anyone needs an old pic of their hot rod from the last 3 reunions that i was there… let me know… oh…. no cost… its my love of drag racing and not the money that drives me…. peace…

kman
                                    Participant
                                        kman
                                        Participant

FANCY !!

kman
                                            Participant

dino
                                                Keymaster

This Link is floating Around ‘Social Media”…”Danbury Airport to be Drag strip ” Totally bogus…Of Note….85% of Shared links are never read by the sender…just keep the false news circulated ,until folks believe it.

http://channel22news.com/danbury-airport-soon-to-be-race-t…/

…….. DUH this is a PRANK SITE…. Hit link THEN go to their Home page where it tells you how to create your own “prank”…we’ve got a call into Airport manager Paul Estaphan…our old buddy from the 80’s when I ran car shows at the airport.He’ll be entertained and probably put out a disclaimer.ANd a quick call to our friends at Lime Rock agreed …”Its a bunch of Bunk’ we’re sick of the phone calls.Didn’t you guys pick up it stated “owner of Lime Rock Park/Connecticut Dragway? —-there IS NO Ct. Dragway And they spelled “Bought” wrong.

babycakes
                                                    Participant

K-Man, THANK YOU once again,for sharing your ‘ beautiful’ photos! I speak for all the club members, we all enjoy seeing them,and the clarity is second to none,just like being there,in person! PLEASE keep up the good work,which is appreciated! :geek: 😮 😀 Mr.Pete.

patina
                                                        Participant

Howie the pinstriper just finished adding lettering to my car. It is sad to do memorials, but now Dave, Willie and John have a special spot on the car.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Pat, happy to do this for you ❗ Nice job Pat ❗

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 6,511 through 6,525 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.