Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

I have 19 qts. of Red Line Synthetic Oil 20W50 to sell!
        I dont need it with new engine!
        ‘V’

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

…”DINO” Update…I know …wheres Dino …First Sorry to Hear Tom Blake won’t make the Race…His Son will be assisting “fastlane” with the Bike Elim.s though. So …Where to start…of course busy at shop and busy with all the Race Stuff. Right in middle of that …Decided to go last week to Deadsman’s Curve” wild Hot Rod weekend in Mahwah, N.j. Left shop in N.C. 6am wed and set up Syracuse Nationals display with Art Shilling (we Rode together) promoting Nationals ( I do Gasoline Alley-He’s Artie from Arties Party(lives In S.C. ) BUT …went to combo getting the word out about Dover Race…Flyers in their Goodie Bags (1800 cars!) Saw Dover guys all over…Brian Marasco,Vinnie Lyons,Les and Don Dzubiak.to name a few. Made a buch of great contacts …peppered the hotel with flyers too. We left jersey at 4:30 sunday am and pulled into my shop at 3 in the afternoon. Back at it all week coordinating the race…………………OF Note: N.Y Earthshaker -Time Bomb both blew up at Atco two weeks ago…Just Talked today with Rocky (owner Of Bomb) , They’re thrashing to rebuild it and WILL Be coming to take on Chuck Exton for the rematch. We got a fill-in for Petersons Altered ( Earthshaker) and even have a backup Funny car in the wings if somebody has a problem. TONS …I MEAN TONs of New cool Stuff coming …. Drag Alley will be almost double of last 2 years and 409 Elim up to 12 cars. Moroso returning with trackside trailer…LowLife Kustoms returning along with Spectro Oil. This weekend all entries at Aderondeck Nationals (1700) will get flyer in Goodie bag…and Ct. Cruise News Current issue all over has the two page spread article. We’ll have 4 girls selling 50-50 tickets both days for Hurricane Relief-Two from Racing Junk.com and others from Reunion -Mastrianni family . Don’t forget Sat Speedway Clubhouse ‘Flashback Party” with the HotRod Band. Also have new Goodies For the “Goodie Booth” . I checked 11 weather websites today and none of them agree on anything…too early …they Do all agree on perfect weather for Sat and Wayne said as of yesturday Nothing planned for Friday At Track.Paved Pit Area behind start line grandstands will be reseved parking for the 4 Funny Cars-4 Altereds -4 Blown gassers- A/FX cars And 409 group. Whew…my finger Hurts…I plan tp Blitz the Forum tomorrow with ‘more stuff’ BUT …………………………Ta-Da Today had ‘papasmurph’ ( our resident geek-responsible for building this whole site) in house To >>>>> LOAD 121 Photos submitted from FRED HARRISON ( one of last owners of Little Giant) took 4 hours to scan -edit & upload to ODF Historical Phot Galleries. More To add Too …I’ll keep ya posted. On Monday we’ll be ‘overhauling a lot of stuff here. always here at 910-997-4444 or dino@doverdragstrip.com TO ACCESS new Harrison Collection -hit this http://www.doverdragstrip.com/odf/index.php/fred-harrison you might experiance a glitch in pages after #1…We’re on it Right Now (5:04-Sat)

tomblake
            Participant

They say things happen for a reason. If we had made the trip up north we would have had to come back to secure out home from IRMA. The eye will pass by pretty close, a couple of days ago the track of IRMA was forecast to cross over Lakeland. Doctors appointments are not life threating but are things we needed to take care of, just the timing didn’t work out to fit everything in our schedule this year. We would rather be at the Dover race instead of riding out the hurricane here in Florida. The reunion and the race so close would have been a good thing for us if the trip had worked out. Hope everyone has a good time at both the reunion and the Dover race.

babycakes
                Participant

Tom, hoping you and the and the family will be safe,through it all ! Our thoughts and prayers are with you,and that the damage be minimal, around your area. Watching the news , it’s a ‘scary’ situation! I have 3 cousins who are sticking it out in the
                    Villages’ down there also Tom! ….Pete.

dino
                    Keymaster

Tom …understand The Irma issue…Mikey decided to hunker down up in Kissamee…he had a bad hurricane experiance years ago, Stay Safe…many Dover retirees in Florida…Our thoughts and prayers are with them. Now on another Weather issue is the seeminly never ending rumors ,saying they’re worried about rain for Dover Race-this heard at Reunion today at Big Al’s .. My answer is …Its a little too early -they really don’t know ( the weather guys) B U T. . . . I ‘ve checked daily about 8 weather sites for the area…most Now say Sunny all day Sunday …had previously said only 30% chance…thats changed and ANY indication of rain on only 3 sites indicate 30 % chance on sat of ‘sprinkles” thats 70 % NO. and by all my research so far ( remember can change) that rain is late in day Sat -going through the Night. We’ll be in the Clubjhouse Rockin anyway. SO … Don’t go by instant gratification quickie reports that may be old anyway. I have a blackbelt in Google & facebook…I’ll keep ya posted

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

WOW…the LAGANA LEGACY LIVES ON…From DAD’S humble beginnings at Montgomery and of Course Dover…HISTORY just Made Sunday by ….A LAGANA !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3CYGLURsf0&feature=youtu.be

Attachments:

mleroux
                            Participant

😀 😀 just to show you how the weather can change , Frank and I went to Super Chevy at Epping on Saturday , on Friday evening the weather at Epping said that there was a 45% chance of thunder storms at noon on Saturday and Saturday morning at 4 am it said there were going to be thunder storms at 3 pm well at 3 pm there was nice weather and on the way home we ran into 2 small sun showers in Mass. that lasted about 3 minutes each , so we will have to wait and see what mother nature has in store for us this weekend , 😆 😆 😆 ,,, mike ,,,

kman
                                Participant

I hear that Mr. Mike … too many times recently that i believed the weatherman…. shame on me !!!

kman
                                    Participant

babycakes
                                        Participant

Tom, how did you and the family make out, with ‘Irma’ ? Here again, I hope you didn’t get hit hard,and you got power?…Pete.

tomblake
                                            Participant

We were very lucky, very little damage and only lots of limbs, leaves and branches to clean up. The yard was covered and it was hard to tell there was grass under all the debris. At 1:06 am we were in the eye but the 20 minutes prior was very exciting. The north eye wall, they said had 100+ mph gusts, never saw trees bend that much without breaking. We even got power back today and I thought it would be days or weeks before that happened. We have most of our clean up done already. Watching Tv and seeing the devastation in other places that Irma hit we were very, very lucky.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                Participant

We’re all thinking of you guys! Stay safe ❗

Frank… 😎

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Great news !!!!!

Wishing the best to you and your family !!

‘V’

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Lets go racing !!!! ‘v’

Attachments:

maso
                                                            Participant
                                                                quote DINO:

WOW…the LAGANA LEGACY LIVES ON…From DAD’S humble beginnings at Montgomery and of Course Dover…HISTORY just Made Sunday by ….A LAGANA !

Go see: http://us131msp.com/laganas-run-at-us-131-among-the-best-in-%c2%bc-mile-history/

Viewing 15 posts - 6,706 through 6,720 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.