Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    ricky-white
    Participant

Just finished up, car ready to go. Looking forward to this weekend. The Albany weather looks great Saturday & Sunday only 10% chance of rain.

Attachments:

vbob
        Participant

HEY
            Ill be there early Friday morning, if ya want to pit the Fred cars together ill save ya a slot !!!!

‘V’

ricky-white
            Participant

Please save me a spot with Fred’s cars for Sunday. Not spending weekend at the track with camper this year. I will be there with car on Sunday. Maybe going down with some friends on Saturday but no car. Got some other things going on so can’t make the whole weekend this year. Thanks. Has anyone heard if Fred will there.

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Fred called me today and said that he will be at the Valley on Saturday only.
                    He does not plan on being there Sunday.

Frank… 😎

ricky-white
                    Participant

Back home had great time at the Valley today, seeing old friends and meeting new ones. Hats off to Dino another race for the history books. Getting better and bigger every year.

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

Dont miss alllll the action from the 9th Dover Drag Strip race head on over to Facebook !!!
                            ‘V’
                            https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip/

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

NHRA, this is the kind of racing people wanna see,and for $15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                ‘V’

Attachments:

kman
                                Participant

Yeah … and people like you and me can stand on the line and get these pics … up yours NHRA !!! …

maso
                                    Participant

Did anybody go to the big car show at the Bethlehem Fairgrounds…?

Got pictures…?

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

I did go to the Roaring 201 Car Show at the Bethlehem Fairgrounds. Over 550 cars entered.
                                            It was a beautiful day. They also had a large swap meet there and car coral. They changed their
                                            show format from where all show cars went into a specific class, ex. all mid year Corvettes together,
                                            antique cars together,stock cars by their year together and modified and street rods together.
                                            This year they had all cars kind of mixed together and picked 40 trophy winners from the field.
                                            There were a lot of beautiful cars and some that you rarely see. But now instead of class judging,
                                            they have become like every other car show.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                            Participant

A few more pics from the Bethlehem Fairgrounds.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

OK…back at the shop..unloaded van all day Tues. Rental agency said I clocked 2084 miles. Drove 11 1/2 hours straight on Mon. Got home at 9:30. Wayne (track manager ) and I were monitering ‘everything’ all weekend. You guys have NO idea what goes on behind the scenes. We have already discussed most glithes and have come up with solutions for all items that need streamlining and what will be implimented to speed up the operation. Sure the event has grown,and with each year new mid course corrections have to be delt with. Since 2014 the thing took giant leaps. Some changes might upset a few,but will be for the good of all.As far as results,Sue the real dynamo behind compiling all the ‘Stats” will be going through over 400 tech cards in the next few day. Problem is many double entered or switched ‘classes’ from sat to sun and even mid day on sunday. Wayne only prints out car numbers up top. She’s in the first floor attemping to match numbers with names and cross overs. Lot of work. Our focus is to speedup Tech and start early and end early. Like I said…some will have to grin and bear the changes for the success of this event. What you arn’t aware,is that almost 70% of the entries are not ‘seasoned’ racers. They only come out one -two or three times a year and are not used to the track formats .Some don’t know were the Shutdown turnoffs are,how to stage .how to be ready to be pulled out of the lanes ,were the fuel station or bathrooms are. We had many first timers that had never raced at Lebanon, one from Ohio! We are going to three days to get a chunk of tech done early. the two day pass worked cutting down Sun am tech. Remember,some don’t even arrive to get teched til 10 or 11. We will open tech earlier and close it down earlier in a attempt to get guys to track earlier. All these changes plus a run order for Sunday,even a map to all entries will be implimented with more ‘drive info” These guys do this every week and know how to fix things.As far as the remark about “what Happened to the Dover Theme” well It has and always will be a DOVER title event and Dover ‘keeping the memories Alive ” format.Every year new people learn about where, what and how Dover Was. Just how many Dover Cars & drivers are left? go back to 2009 when we started and count how many we have lost in 9 years. I constanlty track down the Cars /drivers for monthes in advance calling all over,but it’s like pulling teeth to drag them out.Health Issues,family plans ,distance,fixed incomes…I hear it all. I find More each year but then again loose previous. Next Year I’m making a big Sign to present Photos and Track history to read , and take a photo of. If We never started this.. Dover would be a lost memory. I appreciate all who have faithfully attend each year…you guys show how dedicated we are to keep the Dover Legacy going. You have any Good or legitiment suggestion -CALL ME 910-997-4444…We don’t air our dirty laundry on the forum. Complaints without solutions are a waste of time. I’ll Have a complete Event recap and figures in a few days….right now I’m pooped….later

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Well… Just when ya think you’re getting back to regular schedule…getting Final Race Results and compiling data…The preverbial Sh*T…hits the fan. I’ve been out of action since Thurs. night til now . That Night my wife ( who has MS & COPD) fell down & broke 5 Ribs. Ambulance and All day at hospital Friday. Major family upset and schedule adjustments. Both kids have School -part time jobs- me at shop. Wife was to go with daughter all day Sat for a Tour and seminairs at possible future college at UNC Wilmington. Thats way out on coast,about 2 hours away. SO …Dad did it from leaving house at 6 am to returning at 8 last night with Nicole… Then it was Get all the Laundry done late last night for Todays Kids Jobs ( Uniforms.) Back to Hospital all morning ,…now at Shop doing a Truck I Promised to do Sat. Just got from Sue at Track this Morning all the Final results and from Wayne all the Elim. car counts…Give a little ‘ time to get it all together and post.But first have sign shop stuff to Jam out.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

Prayers for you and your family ! remember, life is a TEST !!!!
                                                            Keep at it test test ,is this thing working ???????
                                                            Dont worry about the race stuff !!!!!!
                                                            Take care of family !!!!
                                                            ‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

Hey Dino, Thoughts and prayers for you and your family. Just pull the chute and
                                                                take one step at a time ❗ Things will get better……

Frank… 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 6,721 through 6,735 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.