Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 6,826 through 6,840 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant
        quote kman:

Nice truck !! … like the shamrock gasoline logo… rave on !! … gonna’ keep the “patina” ???? ..

Patina is the plan. LS7, trans., top shelf interior, and wheels, all for the time being. 😮
        They’re sandblasting it today to see if there’s any hidden problems.
        John

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Found this on another site ! Never saw this one before !

dino
            Keymaster

Never Saw This Either …Found it on a Instagram Page…Guy sending Me All his Stuff. That Day Don the Beachcomber only made solo passes So I guess the K&M car broke..Mystery solved.

Attachments:

babycakes
                Participant

Too darn quiet!!! Any new news from the club members, like burning the candles in your garages updating your hot-rods, what have you? Or Just Christmas shopping,and decorating your homes,perhaps??? Too early for ‘cabin-fever I think? 🙄 😀 Pete.

patina
                    Participant

Cakes I’m busy spending all the money I have before the new tax plan goes into effect. New roof on house, new septic system, new boiler, new hot water heater. And for myself a lot of new tools, my engine for the 57 is at Jack Merkel’s, positraction unit being rebuilt and rear assembled by Jr. I’ve been busier than a fly at a horse barn.

Pat

babycakes
                        Participant
                            quote patina:

Cakes I’m busy spending all the money I have before the new tax plan goes into effect. New roof on house, new septic system, new boiler, new hot water heater. And for myself a lot of new tools, my engine for the 57 is at Jack Merkel’s, positraction unit being rebuilt and rear assembled by Jr. I’ve been busier than a fly at a horse barn.

Pat

WOW PAT!!! That surely thinned out your wallet ($$$$$$) !!! I hope you have a few shackles left for skiing and have the ski’s waxed up, ready to go! I know you love it almost,as much as drag racing ‘Baby Torque’! I missed seeing Junior and Patti,at this years ‘Dover’ Drags,and hope both are doing well ! No doubt, moss hasn’t grown under your feet, since the races at the ‘Valley’! GOOD to hear from ya!!! 🙂 Pete.

patina
                            Participant

Anybody know this Willy’s ?

Pat

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Pat, That’s Dick Doyle, one of the “Drag on Run” car club boys from the Bristol, CT.
                                    area. He had the Blown Hearse earlier. He was very active running the tracks on
                                    the east coast. I remember seeing a lot of wheelies from that car. 😮 I relieve that
                                    Willys has attended our Dover Drags at the Valley as a Drag Alley participant. The
                                    car now owned by George Lourie and painted orange.

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
                                    Participant

Thanks Frank.

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

been lots posted on The Dick Doyle – Doc Extrand car !!

‘V’

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

I remember a few years back, at the Nostalgia Drags at the ‘Valley’, George was turning in the 9’s with the Willys! The Valley officials told George, no more running the full quarter, ‘ only’ the 1/8th! Reason was, George’s Willys still had the 3 point roll bar from the 60’s, instead of an updated (legal) roll cage, as the N.H,R.A rules require,at that speed he was running! Also I believe George is quite involved with his son, running an ‘alki’ funny car (?). His Willys, a “CLASSIC” survivor from the ‘Gasser Wars’ left original, from the mid 60’s manner!!! 😉 🙂 Pete.

kman
                                                Participant

babycakes
                                                    Participant

YOU GOT IT CHUCK!!! (a.k.a ‘ K-Man) Thank you very much for sharing! NICE ‘clear’ photos of George’s classic Willys, and his son’s ‘alki’ Funny Car! As the saying goes, ‘the apple didn’t fall too far from the tree’! 😀 Mr. Pete.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY

in that original DDS pit pic someone rode their bicycle to the races and parked it next to the stands !!!

‘v’

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY

The F/C is forsale !

‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 6,826 through 6,840 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.