Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 7,786 through 7,800 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    frank-j-majauskas
    Participant

Yes Pat, I will email you the pics. I know what you mean about a lack of ambition. This quarantine grows on ya and
        after a while you get use to it. 🙂 Pat, I was making emails and phone calls to the Valley days before the event about
        allowing spetators and finally they (Lebanon Valley) made a post on their site welcoming spectators to this event but
        all COVID19 regulations to be practiced. It was different there but glad I went. We stayed for about 3 hours.
        Yeah Pete, getting Pat’s Willys would have been like winning the lotto. 🙂 He builds great stuff! 🙂 Everyone be safe
        and take care of friends and family. NHRA returns to Indy the next 2 weekends, so don’t forget to tune into FOX tv
        if you do not have NHRAtv (live streaming)……Be well !

Later – Frank…

babycakes
        Participant

Any member out there know how ‘Big AL’, is doing,after his leg operation? How he’s
            doing? Just curious????……Pete.

babycakes
            Participant

Well HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! The ADIRONDAK CAR SHOW annually, in Lake George, in Sept. was canceled,
                as of yesterday, this risk,was to avoid this damned virus!!!
                My gut feeling, the same will be for this year’s ‘Dover’ Nostalgia Drags 2020. For all that attend
                it, I can’t put it in my mind, how the strip can control the spread of the virus, by people not
                wearing masks,and the six foot distances apart? There coming in from all over the states,to run,
                not just surrounding states,around New York! I HOPE I’M WRONG!!!….Pete.

patina
                Participant

Just want to see if there is anything new on here!

Pat

babycakes
                    Participant

I do like ‘bikers’, however,shocked when I saw them, this weekend, hold a ‘rally’,in town at
                        Lake George, calling it The Underground Americade Event! Had they followed the rules ( now the
                        law!) between masks, and distancing,wouldn’t have bothered me!
                        However,clustered, to close together,with there bikes,and with “NO” masks, bothered me, BIG
                        TIME! YES! The’re ‘decent’ guys, but ‘NO’ common sense! Local cops, WHERE ARE YOU TO PROTECT,AND
                        ENFORCE THE LAW!!! Enough said,about this!
                        Pete.

Also, the person who started the ‘rumor’ the ‘Valley’ was sold to local racers,for 650 g’s, are
                        you the same person who has the Brooklyn Bridge,for sale at one dollar??? Don’t make me laugh!!!

dino
                        Keymaster

OK … Been Hunkered Down …Busy At Work BUT in Constant Contact Weekly And sometimes Daily -with Wayne  (Lebanon Manager ) Monitoring EVERYTHING  in the Great State Of New York (Ha ! ) Get a Cooler And A Bag Of Chips. . . .this will be LONG.

[1] ALL registered on the Forum Must Update Your E-Mail address at Your Profile

…………..That Way you’ll Get Direct Mail Of All Important Updates right to Your inbox – since our forum softwear no longer has a mass e-mail function ( We Now Use Mailchimp.)   TIMES ‘They Are A-Changing ”

[2] I’ve Said it before (many times) …. The Forum was started in 2008 before cell phones-twitter-facebook-instagram. the whole site has been upgraded about 4 times to keep up with technology that changes about every 18 monthes .remember windows 95? I’m On 10 now.

Many in the past past 5-6 years have migrated to social media AND many use cell phones as their only messaging . That has created a drop in actual desk top / lap and other real computer use. Our Analytics at Drag Strip Gone.com  shows over 63 % of orders are placed on Cell Phones. This Forum is Not Social Media ,Except for This “Daily Chat” with if you remember was labeled Our Form of Facebook way back. ALL the other Content is ARCHIVED historical Facts and reports For All to Add to with their contribution. BUT many expect to be daily ‘entertained with someone else,providing new posts. Back then It Was Usually ME. But I only got 2 hands and 24 hours in a day .So As I dropped posting SO did All Of You. You All Missed the Point…I Created Topic Headings  For YOU GUYS to add your spin to which would expand the topic with facts ,figures and history.Go Look at the Headings and How Come hardly any of YOU took the time to embellish the subject ? Some Have 2 -3 -4 reply’s ? with over 1500 active ?

My e-Mail is dino@doverdragstrip.com … Nobody sending my anything for years… we have the reply function to any topic here and direct messaging . I’m Fully Aware many of you Are not on Facebook or Twitter. But I Am Big Time .Our Facebook Dover DragStrip Page can get 10,000 views ( Instant communication-direct messages ,etc.)  … if I share And so  do others  on multiple other group pages. I Know …Iv’e Been quiet e Here …But No More . I’ll use Any Platform To ‘Get The Word Out) on Dates.time & updates.

That Just Set the Stage For My Next Posts…Each On A different Topic. You may Agree Or Disagree with some of my observations …A LOT of my last 3 months of information gathering has been through “citizen Journalists” on Twitter..I’ve Dripped a Few Out on my Dino Lawrence Facebook page. stand by …..Dino

dino
                            Keymaster

UPDATE: About Lebanon Valley & Our Event ‘quick summery’…

First…The Track IS open And Functioning within Guide lines Of Crazy Gov. (My Opinion)…Ah -he just Banned Chicken wings as a “Meal”” In Bars.

…. Full “Track Operations” through last couple of months to follow…. Dino Knows All

SECOND…. The Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags IS ON and Fully Expected to happen

I know WHY  the Adirondack National car show being canceled. Quote: ‘We would not be able to follow the current guidelines from the CDC and other agencies in order to have a safe show. We will continue to plan for next year’s car show being held on September 9-12 2021.” Note CDC guidelines have changed every   other week as have other “media” foolishness & contradicting “Experts” (I Have the Data) …Another Post With Links specifically on “COVID” it will blow your Mind.

……….a few changes will be put into play (no Biggee) SO Wait Til I Update ALL the new specifics in The Event Topics. I’ll Give you a direct link to that when I type all the changes

Don’t Worry All Elim.s and Stuff we usually Do Are In Place.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by dino.
                                dino
                                Keymaster

Last Couple Of Months ( LEBANON  VALLEY Operations) …Inside Scoop Oh- It Didn’t Get Sold… thats dumb.

First – Gov Said No Outside Gatherings without “restrictions” …most without ANY scientific data to back up why. So Lebanon Dragway instigated Track Rentals as replacement for Test & Tune” ,with prepay and limited to 70 cars …No Spectators just crew and “general admission’ to eliminate “Spectators.”..an appeasement to State. That Worked out Ok .

They Just Ran A Div. 1 Event with 400 cars AND an Import event with about 170 cars and “some” folks ( Not Spectators) filling  about half the stands.

Some Locals Complained and they were served “papers” 3 weeks back,Nothing Became of that…As A matter of fact , Track contacted a couple of state senators And A Fed Judge RULED Chomos  Outside event restrictions were Potentially Un Constitutional And Immediately pit an Infringement on them .Gov Looses -Track Wins. As Of Today …the last few weeks have had no effect on them running regular track points races and test n tune. also the two bigger events Mentioned. Of Note- The Import Sunday Event had Traffic backed up both ways to gate  almost a mile . They All came at once (Folks want To Race!)So Far So Good with precedents set for potentially now  no future action.

Now The Oval Speedway is another story..Doesn’t effect Us (Drags racing) So I won’t go into that.

dino
                                    Keymaster

COVID Rules And Restrictions. I’m Sorry if you don’t agree but Most Have no Scientific data to back them up. Who Made Them ? Why? Each State Gov came Up with Their Own Rules …Based On ?  So As sheep we “had” to Comply. Take The Time To research …I Did The WHO,CDC, IMI ,Faucy,and Tons More “Experts” Have Flip-Flopped,contradicted and Media has made their own Assumptions” …Who do you Follow?…Have You Been Lied To ?…how do you know when you’ve been lied to? …Why ?If You Dig Deep…Said All That to say …We Will  operate Our Event Any Way “they” rule To Pull It Off.

Masks :

Consider that on May 21 of this year, the highly respected New England Journal of Medicine stated,

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.”

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2006372https://www.rcreader.com/commentary/masks-dont-work-covid-a-review-of-science-relevant-to-covide-19-social-policy

dino
                                        Keymaster

Stand By For Latest Track ‘Info” called Wayne after I post This.

dino
                                            Keymaster

OK …. Today Lebanon Valley …Straight from Suzanne in the Tower…70 Pro…70 footbrake ..12 bikes …running qualifying Now  ( 12;51- 7/26/2020)for their regular weekly Track Points race… No problems…. fans in the stands “social distancing” . Plan On Dover Drags …Updates top follow at Event Heading. Typing as fast as I can. Dino 10-10 on the side. Whoppee !

dino
                                                Keymaster

“IF” you “follow’ (post on any ) topic here you should get an e-mail “you’re following” . So Make sure all your E-mails at your profile are current…When you reply for example here(on the Chat topic) I get an e-mail somebody posted something So make a post on Anything…I’ll be watching .

kman
                                                    Participant

To A Brother … every track i go to you will be in my heart … you are missed …

kman and sue

Attachments:
                                                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                        babycakes
                                                        Participant

THANK YOU and BLESS YOU CHUCK (a.k.a ‘K-Man’)! Very thoughtful and caring,as your feelings are like
                                                            a whole bunch of us, V Bob was a ‘heartwarming’ brother, to us “ALL”, and MISS HIM DEARLY !!!!
                                                            He was the “ROCK”, in ‘all’ of our minds,100% ‘dedication’, to the Dover club!!!…..Mr. Pete.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

We All Will Miss V-Bob…His Vega is For Sale Car& Trailer together . $20,000. If interested Call me me 910-997-4444 I have his wife’s # . She is selling everything But doesn’t want a bunch of calls . Serious inquirys Only.

Attachments:
                                                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                                              Viewing 15 posts - 7,786 through 7,800 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.