Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Burning the night oil getting all ready …just got done recording ‘commercials’ on cds ,for the race .Papasmurph and I ‘In the Studio” He’s editting them now. Still lot to do before I head out tomorrow night. Thats what Everybody doin.

mikey

The Willy’s is all loaded up and ready to go. Trailer is ready, truck is ready, just have to put some of the tools and such in the back and we’re good to go. Maso should show up around 11am, and we will be “on our way”. Will stay in touch with Dino by cell and maybe we can meet up somewhere. ……………..Mikey 😆

dino
            Keymaster

Maso & Mikey ! …The florida geezers..towing a willys…Bet they get some looks going up 95. I’ll catch ya on the big road …Breaker -Breaker good buddy ,whats your 10-20? Might be running ahead of you -but who knows.

tomblake
                Participant

mikey……We are 80 miles from the track, parked for a couple of nights. I’ll tell you one thing, it’s a long way up here. Be careful and have a good trip. Our trip was excellent till this evening.
                    Rode the motorcycle down into Allentown and the weather was beautiful till we started back. Got caught in a bad storm, just like the movie “Twister”. The wind started so bad we stopped at the first overpass. Watched the wind ripe the leaves off the trees. Than the thunder and lightening came. Waited under an overpass on RT 22, only 4 or 5 feet from the passing traffic, till it died down, almost two hours.
                    The trucks we blowing the rain in under the overpass as they passed by and there was a lot of trucks. It got cold and wet and we were dressed like the Florida people we are. It got dark and we only had sunglasses. When the rain slowed we headed back about 30 miles to where we are staying.
                    When we got back, Mary had left the air conditioner on and it was warmer outside than inside. Had some hot soup and about an hour later we were back to normal.

mikey

Sorry you got caught in that crap. I had a similar experience several years ago, hope it never happens again, and I’m glad you guys are OK. See you Friday if all goes well, as I expect it to. I have to stay optimistic. …………Mikey 😆

patina
                        Participant

Tom you sure have some interesting experiences on yor way to a “Dover Race” 😮 Glad you and Mary are alright.
                            Seeya Saturday.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

Just Heard from the “road warriors” M&M …Maso /Mikey…they just crossed the South Carolina line ….heading towards N.C.

tomblake
                                Participant

Go mikey and Maso. See you guys Friday evening.

tomblake
                                    Participant

Pat……your right about the interesting experiences, must be just the long drive where something is bound to happen.

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY
                                            Thursdays results,
                                            Got the new dated belts in the car with Pauls help he cinched me in there tighter than a bug in a rug !!
                                            OH, tomorrow gotta make a spare wheel and tire for the borrowed trailer !!
                                            After work tomorrow night around 11 pm back up to the trailer hook her up load the need junk into the pickup and get 4 hours sleep then hit the road to Great Meadows!

‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

mikey-maso in virginia, having free motel breakfast….Dino -online but where.? 😯

tomblake
                                                Participant

Way to go mikey and Maso, Virginia already. See you TODAY.

maso
                                                    Participant

We are here now. I am loged in at the curtesy computer in the lobby of the “Comfort Inn” in Hachettstown in New Jersey. That room has an air conditioner that could chill a polar bear to death.

Dino doesn’t answer my text messages. “4X4” Marty is here with his black Dodge Charger.

See you all tomorrow…

masracingtd1167
                                                        Participant

Glad you guy’s made it alright . Looking forward to meeting all of you tomorrow.

mikey

I’m lookomg forward to seeing all the guys I know, and meeting all the guys I don’t. I think the ones I don’t really know, were probably my “hero’s” when I was much younger. Only had two problems coming up. The spare tire mount for the trailer broke, but the tire just fell down on the trailer and is OK, and the A/C compressor clutch took a dump. That is worse than spilling a beer!! Oh well, shit happens. We’re here, and happy. …………….Mikey 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 856 through 870 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.