Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    fastlane

HI DINO . IT ALREADY STARTED UP HERE AROUND 10:30 A.M. THIS MORNING ALONG THE COAST HERE IN STAMFORD ONE FOOT TO MAYBE AS MUCH AS TWO FEET BEFORE IT TAPERS OFF TOMMORROW MORNING . GOOD WEEKEND TO BE DREAMING OUT THE SONG “DOVER DAYS ARE IN MY MIND” AND WAITING OUT THIS WINTER TILL SPRING ARRIVES AND THEN WE FINALLY GET TO GO TO THE OLD GROUNDS FOR THE 50TH DURING THOSE SWEET SUMMER DAYS. FASTLANE 😀

maso
        Participant

pthh…tttt…!

😆

gramdog1
            Participant

Light snow w/temp in 30’s on Cape this AM.
                Maso,co to your room 😀

tomatohead
                Participant

…yup here too 😀 started around 11:30am …got the snow blower pointed right out the garage door 😀 should hopefully be over in the monday am ……..suppost ta be more south of us like in NYC long island area …………..

fastlane

😯 😮 🙁 😳 😥 😕 🙄 HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPLP !!!!!!!!! 😐 😈 👿 :geek:

tomatohead
                        Participant

…..fastlane , ……. getting any snow over your way 😀 ❓ …..heres the pics from last nite 😀 YYUUUUUMMMMYY ❗ ……then sat by the fire , was real nice and warm ………. 😀 happy new year next ❗

Attachments:

maso
                            Participant

Hay TomatoMan…

You may be snowed in there, but you won’t go hungry…! 😆

You mus’ be feeding a lot of people. Do you have a family, or an army…?

Click here—> http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/Conus/northeast.php

Stormville…? Right…!

tomatohead
                                Participant

…. maso was just watchin the tele and there getting most of it down south around NYC , NJ and coast long island , up to Boston and Cape Cod , …..its pretty easy here right now maybe 3 inches now just bout covering the grass maybe some more over nite , ……and yes when we cook ,we dont fool around 😀 ……. now watch that 2nd annual “CASEY VIDEO” ❗ while its snowin’ 😀

tomatohead
                                    Participant

…. ok , I love these curve balls that are thrown my way 😀 , was sittin’ here nice at 5:29 pm lookin’ at stuff on the DOVER forum and dinner 😛 was just about ready and BAM ❗ the boiler went out 😮 ❗ so by the time that got fixed 🙄 , I think ❓ its fixed had to pull it apart ,the nozzle was leakin’ and that sucked pretty good 👿 so now it seems to be runnin ok , I have parts right here waiting for just this type of surprize so put a brand new nozzle in, and I look outside and theres about a foot of snow when I opened the front door 😯 , boy I m tellin you …………….. an I thought it was going to snow down in the city ❗ ………. well now I am going to watch the “CASEY VIDEO” again 😀 ❗ ,its the only thing thats going to calm me down ❗ 👿 crazy %&@*$# weather and %&@*$# boiler ❗

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                        Participant

….. tomatoheads 24 hr service ……. wait till I send myself the BILL ❗

Attachments:

babycakes
                                            Participant

I guess I’m ‘lucky’ Monday morning,just about 8:00 a.m. about 1 inch of snow (so far),however still snowing out,and the wind is from 15 to25 mph,temp,18 degrees.I’m just west of the Vermont – N.Y. border.My snowblower was ready for action,but looks like by noon,I’ll be like Dino,hand shoveling instead (not deep enough for snowblower use) , that’s when there predicting the end of the storm.Hey,for us ‘Northerners’,over ’60’,as a kid,we’d had steady snow from Thanksgiving on,throughout the winter! We’ve been lucky (so far).

dino
                                                Keymaster

Cakes…I was smart…laid down a layer of salt ,just as snow started late sat night.Sunday morning,just used one of those ‘plow’ looking shovels and ‘slid’ it away . Yankees prepare. Still in deep freeze mode here.Sun out but cold & windy…nothing really melting.Roads all clear ,but NOBODY coming out. Many businesses remain closed-school is out anyway.So I’m at the shop catching up….with no interuptions.Down here they go a Mile if you give them an inch.

maso
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Tomatohead:

…Maso was just watchin’ the tele and they’re getting most of it down south around NYC, NJ and the coast of Long Island, up to Boston and Cape Cod , …..its pretty easy here right now, maybe 3 inches now just bout covering the grass maybe some more over night ……and yes when we cook, we don’t fool around 😀 ……. Now watch that 2nd. Annual “CASEY VIDEO” ❗ while its snowin’ 😀

We used to live just a few miles south of you in the outskirts of Carmel at the Segewood Club on the China Pond by the golf course. But we only spent summers there. That was before 1958.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

WOW…Just checked forcast for Danbury…figured it “In The Middle” of our Northeast guys:

During the day
                                                            Blustery with snow showers. High 24F. Winds NW at 25 to 40 mph. Chance of snow 70%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph.
                                                            During the night
                                                            Partly cloudy and windy. Low 16F. Winds NW at 25 to 35 mph. Higher wind gusts possible.
                                                            …………’having fun yet?”

vbob
                                                            Participant

HEY

AHHH,my high school dayly driver sedan and my wagon that wanted to be a race car when it grew up !!
                                                                lets see your old nostalgia winter shots??? Give em up !!!
                                                                ‘V’

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1,246 through 1,260 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.