Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Now that’s a coooooool picture.

….Yup ,it was about 38-Dino

billy-casey

Yep …
            Tom Blake , a real man , waiting at the gate not concerned about the weather , just wants to race… 😆 😆 😆 see you on the 7th … Billy

tomblake
            Participant

Billy….the real man is back in Florida warming up but see you on the 7th.

maso
                Participant

I’m really sorry that I can’t catch up with you guys on the 7th. after the posponement. I hope the same thing doesn’t happen for you again.

Me Too …Running on a Sat with Sun as backup …edit-dino

tomblake
                    Participant

To continue this thread and post the continuation of the story of “Your Current Project” Mustang.
                        After being disappointed by the snow, cold temperatures and the first cancellation we finally made it to Island Dragway.
                        That was a day we will always remember. We got to meet old friends and got to meet some of the new friends we have met on the Dover site. It was still pretty cool the day of the race and we had to take some time to make a repair the car so our time to meet with some was cut short.
                        We were glad we got to say hello to some of the folks we knew or just met for the first time. Some of those folks from the past were: The Scinto family, Tony, Nicky, Bobby, Al and some of the new guys were Joe, Billy, Bill and of course Dino.
                        We had a very good time at Island even though the time went by way too fast. We had such a good time we were the last people out of the race track, security was waiting for us so they could turn off the lights and go home.
                        Wanted to post a couple of pictures here on this thread, a couple of our pictures and one from Greg the track photographer, he was a neat guy also.
                        Was real proud of my son who won the motorcycle class and I know he had fun too.

Attachments:

maso
                        Participant

The idea of re-furbing the old DDS trophies is really a good one. Somebody deserves a lot of credit for that. I hope there will be enough to go around for the future though…!

tomblake
                            Participant

Got the word from the converter people, it was trashed inside. That is why the trans fluid was smelling bad on the return road at Island in November.
                                Rebuilt the trans, installed a new converter and took out the overdrive. Should be test driving soon.

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                Participant

Overdrive 😀 ❗ ….. you do need no overdrive ❗ 😆

tomblake
                                    Participant

tomatohead……I had a Gear Vendor overdrive behind the Powerglide. It works pretty good but took it out till I find out what has been slowing the car down.

tomatohead
                                        Participant

😆 Tom ,dont get me wrong 😀 but how FAR do you really go on the street ❓ with it ❓ maybe that was the problem ❓ ❓ or did they have any other Idea on why your converter went out ❓ ❓ tomato 😀

tomblake
                                            Participant

tomato…Street travel is usually not far, longest trip was about 50 miles. We take it to the local car shows 10 to 30 miles. The converter people didn’t say why it failed but that it was just trashed inside. The Mustang has had three converters in it so far and all have been very high stall speed converters. The second and third were suppose to be lower but were not as I was told. We just replaced it for the fourth time with a 2500 to 2900 stall and will be testing it soon.

tomblake
                                                Participant

Tested with the new converter, advertised to be 2500 to 2900, too low. Actually went to 3500 on the transbrake but slowed the car down by .5
                                                    Change the rear gears from 3.70 to a 4.57 picked up .7 but the throttle was not opening all the way. Found linkage bent when changing the carburetors. Repaired linkage with a cable type linkage and added a positive stop at WOT.
                                                    Next test will be with looser converter and WOT.

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, I really like that car!! I’ll be in touch, safety equipment is on the way, then I want to go to Lakeland first, and then Bradenton. I’ll give you a call, can’t hardly wait!! …………………..Mikey 😆

dino
                                                        Keymaster

You Would haved liked THIS , Mikey !

Attachments:

tomatohead
                                                            Participant

………. I dont and wont know everything but please throw the trans brake away ❗ “I” could be wrong but “I” dont think you need it ❗ I never had a trans brake , I used to dial 11.67 and run 11.67 with no trans brake ,with a C-4 ❗ Tom I love you but , just wait till you hit the trans brake button by mistake and you trans splits into two ……………..with all that motor the LESS the better , but remember I could be wrong ❗ not to mention all the money you would save …………. what do you think ………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.