Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    tomblake
    Participant

Have to agree with the “LESS the better”. I have out tricked myself in previous cars with to many electronics and switches.

tomatohead
        Participant

………. Tom see ya soon ,send some pics when you and mikey run at the track 😀

tomblake
            Participant

My winter project is about finished. Decided to change the transmission from the powerglide to a turbo 400 for the 1st gear ratio. I felt like the 60′ needed some help and the lower ratio should help that.
                The turbo 400 is in and working. I like the 1st 2.45 gear ratio compared the powerglide 1.80, should make a good improvement on the 60′. Had to redo the header tubes, make a new cross member and a new driveshaft.
                Changed the front tires to bias ply to match the rear tires. Should give handling a better feel. While the front wheels were off I got to install the long wheel studs like tech pointed out at the Island race last year. Have the open lug nuts coming and than will be ready to go back to Bradenton for another test secession.

dino
                Keymaster

WOW….busy Boy….And good you got the right studs…many a story of wheels ripped off and bad body damage ….not to mention the embarassment, of having the car hauled off with a front end loader.

dino
                    Keymaster

Just heard from Mikey.Him and Tom Blake are on the way to the track to ‘play’ .Hope Tom brought his camera …Mikey forgot his.

digger

tom i,m in sarasota let me know when you are going to bradenton i,ll come up and watch

tomatohead
                            Participant

….how do you forget a camera 😀 ❓ …..

tomblake
                                Participant

Digger……Will let you know when we go to Bradenton but it will be after the big event they have scheduled. A couple of weeks most likely, need a time slip that starts with a 10.
                                    The car is set up to run that now. After our trip to Lakeland with the performance improvement in the car that should be no problem now. Also found, after reviewing the time slips that I didn’t richen the carburetor for our trip tonight. Plus several other things I need to try.
                                    Tomatohead…..It was very easy to forget the camera, both of us did. When I met Mikey it wasn’t 5 minutes we both though about the cameras but too late, maybe next time.

digger

thats good thanks

dino
                                        Keymaster

Tom …don’t you sleep? 3 am?

tomblake
                                            Participant

Dino….Since retired I work the second shift!!!! 😆 😆 Just seems like there is not enough time in a day to do everything. Don’t know how I fit work in before retiring. But now I can do anything I want when ever I want, retirement is great. (oh ya, and I can do whatever the wife wants me to do also 🙄 )

tomblake
                                                Participant

Digger……Testing the Mustang in Bradendon tonight, Thursday.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Give us one of those 3 am reports !

mikey

Did you get it to go tens?? Yes? Tell us, please! …………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Yes, the Mustang runs in the 10’s, finally and it pulls the front wheels off the ground. Still need some work to get it consistent now, maybe the E85 carburetor and fuel.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.