Current street toy

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Current street toy

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    mikey
        quote TomBlake:

Yes, the Mustang runs in the 10’s, finally and it pulls the front wheels off the ground. Still need some work to get it consistent now, maybe the E85 carburetor and fuel.

Congratulations!! 😀 Glad you “got ‘er done”!!! I ordered my kit yesterday, and I’m looking forward to getting the carb redone and heading to the track. 😎 After a few test and tunes up here, I’ll be checking with you to see about hitting Bradenton. 😮 Oh, how was you MPH, right where it should be, or do you need to work on that too? 😕 I’ll be in touch.
        ………………Mikey 😆

tomblake
        Participant

mikey…..mph is at the max without the overdrive. Hits the rev limiter just before the end of the 1/4 mile 126.

digger

got your email real late last night, maybe next time

tomatohead
                Participant

…..guys glad to hear the news 😀 ❗ 😀 ….now this fuel you guys are runnin’ is that what you will be runnin’ at the Valley for the 3rd ❓

tomblake
                    Participant

tomatohead…..If I get the conversion kit and the get same kind of results mikey got the answer to your question is maybe. The reason for my indecision is that it might depend on the availability of E85 in the northeast. I am a ways off from trying and testing the E85 but I like what mikey has found out with his Willis.

mikey

Tom, If you go on Justus Daniel’s site, raceone85,com, there is a place to click on, pick a state, and see if there’s fuel near the Valley. If I can’t find a place close, I’ll bring 20 gallons with me. I also wanted to let you know that once I get my carb done and tuned, I will bring it down and you can try it out at Lakeland. I’ll have Tony meet us there to help with any “bugs”. Good idea, bad idea, what do you think. Then you can make up your mind on whether to go with the E85 or not. The kit for my Demon is $265.00 with shipping. For another hundred, you can send him your carb, and all your engine specs, and he will do yours over for you. Mater, check up there and see if there’s any E85 pumps around, you might want to try this out too. 😮 I’ve been informed that it ‘s not corrosive and won’t hurt rubber cells or fuel lines. 😯 This means that your “rubber bands” will be OK! 😆 ………….Mikey 😆

babycakes
                            Participant

Mikey,you can purchase the racing fuel right at the ‘Valley’ they sell it there.

mikey
                                    quote Babycakes:

Mikey,you can purchase the racing fuel right at the ‘Valley’ they sell it there.

E85, or racing fuel? Sunoco or something like that I’m sure they sell. E85, I highly doubt it. 😮 😯 😆

dino
                                    Keymaster

VP

tomblake
                                        Participant

Just found, E85 for sale in Lakeland at the Fleetwing on Combee Road.
                                            mikey…..When I am ready, won’t have to travel all the way to Kissimmee now.

tomatohead
                                            Participant

….Tom ,Mikey,…Mikey ,Tom thats why I asked that kind of question ,cuase I was wondering where you were gettin it when you came up here ❓ what the heck is e85 anyway 🙄 ❓ yes VP at the valley ❗ yes I will check around to find out where it is 😀 sounds like alcohol gas ❓ the way you guys are reworkin your carbs ❗ 😀

mikey

Mater, it’s like Methanol, but it’s corn based Ethanol, and non-corrosive. 😮 It’s a lot like running Alcohol, but not quite. 😯 It burns cooler and cleaner, and your car will run about 15 to 20 degrees cooler. 😉 The performance is great! I would be willing to bet about 1/2 a second at least, maybe more once the cars are “dialed in”. 😯 Just the fact that if the performance would be the same, it’s worth it because of price. 🙂 Down here, I’m paying $2.64 to $2.66 per gallon. What are you paying for any brand of 112 or better? $10. maybe $12.00 per gallon or more? 😕 Mater, I just might try to get you to try this stuff. Tom Blake just sent his carb out to have it done. I’m getting the kit, so I can do it myself and see whats involved first hand. There is a web site that you can go to, state by state to check where the E85 is available. If necessary, I’ll just bring 20 gallons with me, and put 5 in the car. That should be plenty. Hm, at $2.66 per gallon, that’s only $66.50! 😮 Now, lets try VP or Cam 2. At lets say, oh, 12.50 per Gallon. 25 gallons would be $312.50! Holy Crap!! 😯 😯 😯 See my point? If the performance at worst, stayed the same, it’s worth the change. 😀 ………..Mikey 😆 😆

tomblake
                                                    Participant

Sent the Holly 1150 Dominator out today. It will be in NC Thursday. It will be torn down, modified, test run and setup on an engine there. I was told I should have it back next week.
                                                        My plan here is to test the Mustang with the same size Holly 1150 Dominator this week using 93 octane 10% gas. This should give me a pretty good base line. Than test again next week with no changes except the E85 carburetor and E85 fuel.
                                                        I don’t expect the same performance improvements as mikey because my compression is much lower than his. But as mikey said, even if the performance is the same the cooler, cleaner running with less cost is all good.

Now comes the ODF future dream.

If all goes to plan some time in the future I could put the bigger engine back in the car and even run it on the street. It was taken out of the car because the high compression and the required race fuel costs were just too much.
                                                        When I get real crazy I could even put the fuel injection back on the big engine. The big engine dyno’d at 934 hp with only one 1050 carburetor and the injection put it at about 1000 hp. With the E85 fuel it will make even more power. Now that will be a neat street machine.

Oh to be a kid again.

Attachments:

mikey

Tom, you are truly just a big kid at heart! Go for it! ……………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Thursday night test results for the Mustang. It took three carburetors and 5 passes but got into the 6’s at 103+ mph but not with the 1150’s. After trying both 1150’s we put on the 1050 and ran a best of 6.92 at 103.33 with a 1.56 60 foot.
                                                                Now waiting on the alky carburetor, already have the fuel, maybe next Thursday at Lakeland.
                                                                mikey…..We may get older but no one said we have to grow up. Maybe it’s my second childhood, whatever it is it is fun.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 237 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.