Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

THis is a “MUST SEE” !!! This is Mikey’s ‘reward’ when it finally all comes together, ‘Fantastic’ ❗ 😮 😀 😉 Pete.

dino
        Keymaster

“Broke the Code”…THIS WORKS ! put curser on ‘Track” and click…WROOM!

https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip?ref=tn_tnmn#!/photo.php?v=549575865081241&set=vb.110760425660403&type=2&theater

mikey

Thanks, Dino. Only problem is no sound. That’s what really makes the video. …………..Mikey 😆

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

I couldn’t get it to play. Just saw picture of the track. Went to Mikey’s
                    Facebook and the video played fine. Nice job Mikey ❗ The Willys sounds
                    strong all the way down the track ❗ I’m so Happy for you ❗ ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

don-kauer

Mikey……..Looks great.. 😎 Sounds great 😎 …Awesome job bro 😀 ………..Don..

dino
                        Keymaster

Works For Me…just tested again…Left Click on picture of track …Turn up your speakers…do you Have speakers ?

mikey

I have speakers, and I tried it several times, no sound. No big deal, thanks for doing it. ………..Mikey 😆

tomblake
                                Participant

Saw and heard the video. Way to go Mikey. That’s the way it should run, great job.

mikey

Dino, I double checked, and someone had muted the speakers. Works great now. And Tom, glad that you liked it. ……………Mikey 😆

babycakes
                                        Participant

Mikey,you and your Willys no doubt are ready for bear! With your performance and consistent times are going to be a threat at the Dover ‘5’ this year!!! 😮 😀 😉 A little more practice,cutting the lights,and a little more tweeking on the engine and chassis perhaps,look out for Mikey at the ‘Valley’!!!

mikey

Had a good time, and was only a little annoyed at the car. Performance is definitely getting there though. I think my retard box (no smart remarks please) is bad. I checked all the wires, and double checked where they are hooked and all of it looks good. I called Tom Blake, and he has a couple that I can borrow to try out. If one of them works, he’ll sell it to me. I’m going to drive down on Friday morning, get the boxes and visit a little with him and Mary. I’m glad to share my progress or regress with you guys, I love the comments and suggestions. ………………Mikey 😆

dedom

Looking and sounding good. Hope we can get together at the strip before I go into the hospital and/or my car goes into the shop.
                                                    Me to have some work done on my legs and the cars paint is slowing it down, lol. Hope you got my PM with phone number, if not drop me a line and I’ll call.

Ran into a guy from Watertown last night at a car show. He is an ODF but not a member yet, I’m working on that. Had a great time talking and he does remember a lot of the guys. Anyway Mike keep up the great work, that Iron is running nice.

Dedom

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

……. hey I saw the video AND heard it 😀 ❗ and IT was GREAT ❗ 😀 , you have come along way BABY 😀 ❗ and if anything REALLY HOPE TO SEE YOU this year at the valley ❗ 😀 ❗ ………… there it goes again ❗ 😮 ,,, how did that picture of the sausage wegde get there ❗ 😀

Attachments:

mikey

Guys, I have gotten so many great comments on the video of my car, I don’t know how to thank you all!! I have watched it a few times myself, and It is pretty cool. I never get to see it in action, only still pictures. That is the first time that I have gone to any track and not gotten angry at myself or the car. I was a little annoyed at a couple of things, but not angry or mad. I actually felt good. I already am changing the front springs back to the 450lb springs, and I’ve raised the wheelie bars up about 2″, I also took out the retard box( no wise remarks please ), I checked it out and it’s not working at all. It is supposed to retard the ignition timing 20 degrees at start-up, but it’s not working. I called Tom Blake to see if he had one, and he’s got something similar that he said I could borrow, and if it works, he will sell it to me very reasonable. I went down to Toms house and picked it up, got to see “Odd Job” up close and personal, very cool car!! The A/C is really slick, but the whole car is just really nice. When Tom gets the time and the money to do, or have the body work done, that will be one beautiful car!! The craftsmanship is outstanding!! All the work that Mary and Tom have done, in such a short period of time, just to get it to Dover, and the work they’ve done since then, is amazing. Oh, I started to hook up the “box” that I got from Tom, but I’ll have to finish it tomorrow. I hope it works out OK, I can’t afford a new one, and the car almost won’t start when it’s not working. ………….Mikey 😆

P.S. In case anyone is interested, the New M&M Speed and Custom Web Site/Forum is up and running. Come and register, it’s free, and if you were a member, just re-register. Thanks.

babycakes
                                                            Participant

Mikey,keep us posted……just curious it’ll be o.k. 🙄 Pete.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.