Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    babycakes
    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS Mikey! That’s real decent for times and mph the first time out this year, and I’m sure,you behind the wheel again, and a ‘little’ more ‘tweaking’, you’ll be ‘consistent’ and a ‘happy camper’ with low 10’s!!! Way to go Mikey!!! 😉 😀 . Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

“Good for You” Mikey ❗ Like Pete said, good et and mph ❗
            You’re right. Being consistent is what you want. I know that even
            though you weren’t behind the wheel, you had a great day. 😛 😛

Frank… 😎

tomblake
            Participant

Sounds like an excellent day for you and the Toy. It is great to see you got out with the car again.

dino
                Keymaster

Heres Papa’s Toy in action at Orlando…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYsE4GKi_d0

Attachments:

babycakes
                    Participant

Looking ‘GOOD’ Mikey!!! You got my curiousity 🙄 How did you mount the camera to Papa’s Toy, and get ‘steady’ coverage, start to finish Mikey? Pete.

mikey

Pete, it’s a Go Pro setup, belongs to Juan Carlos. It mounts using a super strong suction cup. Next time it will be on the roof, and we can also put it inside the car. All 3 passes were on the foot brake, and shifting at 6800rpm. ………………Mikey :mrgreen:

don-kauer

Excellent Mikey……….Gave me a little flip in my “tummy” 😎 😀 …….Don………

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

Must have been those marker frames!!!!
                                    OH, CAN NOT mount those cameras on the outside of race cars at The Valley!
                                    Good job guys!10.70, sounds like a match race made in heaven for the Vega!
                                    ‘V’

tomblake
                                    Participant

Real cool Mikey, looks and sounds good.

mikey

Well, I went to see my Chemo Dr. at the Cancer Center today, and I will start my second round of Chemo in about 2 weeks. 1 day a week for 24 weeks, then off for 2 weeks, then surgery to put all the parts back where they belong. I get the feeling that the Valley isn’t going to see me this year, and I’m very upset. Again, the car is ready and I’m not, just like last year!! Wonder if anyone would like to come get the car, tow it up, and race it?? I’ll give instructions on all you need to know about the car and supply the fuel. ……………………Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                            Participant

Mikey…Very disappointing to hear you may not be bringing Papa’s Toy to the Valley. I was looking forward to seeing you drive the Willis at the next race. Guess there are some things we just can’t control.

babycakes
                                                Participant

Mikey, that’s a ‘very’ kind offer, right from the heart! However, you and the ‘Toy’ are like a marriage, should ‘not’ be separated by ‘no’ means! Your health comes ‘FIRST’, and that’s priority!!! If the ‘healing’ process takes another year to put you back 100% health wise, so
                                                    be it!!! That’s more important to us all who love and respect you as a friend! Disappointing,”YES”, but then again,there’s ‘always’ next
                                                    year we’ll all be waiting for ya to make the trip and watch ‘Papa’s Toy’, blast down the 1/4 at the ‘Valley’!!! Stay ‘positive’ as you’ve
                                                    been all along!!! Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                                    Participant

Mikey, I couldn’t have put it any better than Pete just did ❗ You hang in there buddy…
                                                        As always, our thoughts and prayers are with you…….”Have a nice Easter”!!

Frank…

mikey

Thank you all for the kind words, I really appreciate them. I’m feeling better about things, and I’ll play it one day at a time and see what happens. Maybe I’ll be feeling good enough to just come up myself, no car. We shall see!! …………..Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Dover Dudes “can Do’…If your feeling up to it in couple of months…”No Doubt”, we’ll Get Your butt to the track, one way or the other.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.