Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Great idea !!!!
        I thought of doing the vega like that!
        With a long vine with leave sect.and a BIG pumpkin at the end with the Yonkers smerk!

Best of luck !
        You can also do the pumpkin on the trunk lid like bee Line had the bee on the rear deck lid!

Will it be a SP # or just SP ??
        Good luck whatever way you do it!!

‘V’

babycakes
        Participant

Mikey, ‘GREAT’ idea,and gesture ! GO FOR IT!!! 😉 😛 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Hey Mikey, you already know how I fell about Billy. I can hear him saying,
                “What’s all the fuss” ❗ 😆 I think it’s a nice tribute to a Dover icon and
                good friend. 😛 I can almost picture your Willys with that orange paint and
                “Super Pumpkin” theme on the sides ❗ 😆 Yes sir, Mikey, “Do her up” ❗ 😆
                John is keeping me posted on your health steps and as always, we’re with you ❗

Frank… 😎

mikey

Thanks, Frank. I’m really excited about this!! I just hope that no one else decides to do one too. There only needs to be one. I already bought the fiberglass repair stuff that I’ll need for the nose repair, and I’m working on getting the paint and materials, then I need some one to shoot the car, or a shop that will let me shoot it myself. I decided to put “Papa’s Toy” back on it somewhere, maybe on the scoop, or under the back window. What do you think?? :mrgreen:

P.S. I had my first dose of the new Chemo today, I’m not liking it! 👿 The Chemo Nurse said that it will get better, I’ve been off it for some time. 🙄 Also, this is a little stronger and has some type of additive in it to help me tolerate it better. 😯 Oh well, we will see what we will see. :mrgreen:

mikey

Well, today I got my second dose of Chemo and it was a lot better than the first time. Only felt funny for about 5 minutes, then it was ok. Well, I guess it’s ok now, I’m getting used to it and I don’t feel bad at all, and that’s a good thing. Still working on getting all the stuff to do the car, it might take a while, but that’s ok, I have time. :mrgreen:

mikey

Ok, It’s time to be asking about freebies or something similar. As most of you know, I’m going to do a Bill Casey “Super Pumpkin” Tribute Car, which involves me painting my Willys Orange. I’m saving my money for the paint and material, clear, thinners, hardener, pearl coat, etc. Pretty big bucks even with a friends discount. I need to find a Shop, or a person that would be willing to Prime and paint the car either very cheap, or for free. Free would be better, but I won’t bet the farm on it. I will supply all but the primer, and I would help to mask the car. No door jams, under hood or trunk need to be painted, just the body itself. There will be no body work, I just have to repair two cracks in the fiberglass nose where the hood rolls to meet the fender, and re-laminate both door skins back to the inner frame in a couple of spots. I will also sand the car to get it ready for primer. I will bring the car to whoever is willing to do the job, anywhere except N.Y. That, is too far to go. HELP ME OUT HERE, GUYS. GIVE ME SOME IDEAS, OR PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO CAN HELP ME OUT.
                            ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

mikey

Well, I finally found a guy that is a friend of a friend, and he will get me the paint and materials at his cost, plus the owner of the paint and body supply store likes what I’m going to do and he will throw in the Pearl for free. Now I need to find a shop that will paint the car or rent me the spray booth and I will paint the car myself, or my friend said he would spray it, and he does nice work. Might have the Willys in new paint by the New Year!! …………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                                Keymaster

MIKEY! Great…I know you called me with Paint Ideas…Glad It all worked out.,..Now…I Have saved in my computer all the Artwork for SUPER PUMPKIN…duplicated from photos of my work on the original ’57..Did all that for Johns Mopar ‘Pumpkin” …then again we “could” do it like his Camaro…decisions-decisions

mikey

I have enough problems, and now you want me to add another decision to them?? I thought you were my friend, Jeez!! I will check with Shimer, Frank and Don K and see what they think. I will get back to you. Is the lettering different as far as style or what?? I never really liked the Camaro, I was a ’57 kinda guy. ……………….Mikey :mrgreen:

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Hey Mikey, There are a few different fonts that Billy used through the years. Here they
                                            are on his “57 and Camaro. I think Dino did two of them and the silver leaf lettering one
                                            on the “57 was done by someone else. As far as I’m concerned, it’s your call. You’re doing
                                            all this from the heart and that’s all that matters ❗ You know Billy is looking down and
                                            saying, “What’s all the fuss, just race the damn car” ❗ 😆 Hope you’re feeling better
                                            these days? See you soon …

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

mikey

I like the gold or yellow lettering on the ’57 and the Dodge. I think it should be “Fred’s Speed Shop” on the side of the hood, Casey Engineering on the quarter, and whatever else was on the ’57. E/Gas where the quarter windows would be, maybe above “Super Pumpkin”, Bil Casey’s. I don’t know if the car should be #8, because the Dodge is #7, or did Billy number all the “Pumpkins”?? Oh yes, and “Papa’s Toy” on the hood scoop I think, or maybe under the back window, not sure yet. Maybe we could also duplicate any stickers or decals that Billy had on the car too, what do you guys think?? ……………Mikey

mikey

I just wanted to let anyone know, that might be interested, that I received my Dover Hall of Fame Plaque yesterday in the mail, and also a Top Award Plaque for “Papa’s Toy”/Super Pumpkin, for being one of the Top Twenty Cars. As soon as I can figure out how to take a decent picture of these plaques, I will post them. I’m really proud, but at the same time humbled by these awards. I want to thank all the guys and girls for this honor. Here are a couple of shots, including Dads helper, Tasha, who is now 4 and learning quickly!!

…………..Mikey 😮 😯 :mrgreen:

Attachments:

mikey

Well, here are the pictures of my awards. One is the Hall Of Fame Plaque, and the other is an award for “Papa’s Toy” being a top 20 car. Pretty cool. ………………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                        Participant

NICE Mikey! I know you were ‘very’ proud and ‘surprised’ to receive them! Hey! They couldn’t had gone to a ‘nicer’ guy like you! 😉 Pete.

mikey

Well, we finally did it. Took the Toy to a local show, and then decided to go to the track. Well, how about a pass of 9.98 at 132 mph!! Plus 2 passes of 10.01 and 10.00. Cranked the Rpm up to 7200 and told Carlos to hammer down, and he did. At least now I know it will do it, but I will be happy to run low tens and just sneak a high nine in there when nobody is looking. I’m proud of my little 357, go me!! ………….Mikey :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.