Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

GREAT JOB M M !!!!!
        Thats sooo cool getting down in the 9 second zone.
        Nice driving Carlos!!!!!
        Now sit back and take a deep breath!!!

‘V’

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Yaaaaaaaaaa Team Mikey ❗ ❗ ❗ Way to go guys ❗ ❗ 😮
            Now that should put a little spring in your step ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

tomblake
            Participant

Nice going Mikey. What track did you go to? Sounds like Orlando.

mikey

Yes, Tom, it was Orlando. Evidently all was good with the stars and planets being properly aligned and all that stuff. :mrgreen:

babycakes
                    Participant

CONGRATULATIONS MIKEY AND CARLOS!!!!!! WAY TO GO! Mikey all your engine ingredients,turned out to be a ‘ perfect’ combo! 😮 😉 😀 Pete.

mikey

Okay, as most of you guys know, this past August I was inducted into the Dover Dragstrip Hall of Fame. Well yesterday, I got an e-mail from Jim Banks, who is affiliated with the Dutchess County Sports Museum in Wappinger Falls, N.Y. They are going to induct me into the Dutchess County Drag Racing Hall of Fame on June 7, 2015. These two inductions have surprised me, and humbled me. I am truly honored to be considered for these two inductions. :mrgreen: ……………………Mikey

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Hey Mikey, I just got a new computer and having a real ball getting use to it.
                                I wanted to congratulate you on your latest induction nomination. I think it’s
                                AWESOME !! Good for you Buddy !! “Happy Holidays” to you and your family.

Frank…

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

I had to post this. I heard from a friend in Texas (ROXREC), that a friend in Kissimmee, FL (Mikey), who owns a Willys just made 3 runs in the 9.90s.. 😮 Mikey, how did it feel to be behind the wheel of a 9 second car ❓ 😮 I thinks it’s AWESOME ❗ Way to go Mikey ❗ 😛

Frank… 😎

Attachments:

babycakes
                                    Participant

WOW!!!! Thanks for the info Frank! WAY TO GO MIKEY! CONGRATULATIONS, “WILLYS RULE” !!! Pete.

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Waaaay ta go BIG MIKEY!!!
                                            Next we’ll see you getting on the top 10 list in Oklahoma City!
                                            Look out Farmtruck,here comes Mikey!
                                            ‘V’

mikey

I should not have done it, but I just could not take looking at the car, and then seeing someone else behind the wheel. I have been practicing getting in and out of the car and getting the belts to feel right, so I loaded the car up, told my wife Carlos and I were going racing, and left. I did not pick Carlos up, I went by myself. I unloaded, made one fairly easy pass at 10.33 with the shift light set for 7000. Then, I decided to set it for just below 8000, 7800. The next 3 passes were all 9.90s, the best being a 9.96. God Damn, they felt good!! Even the front and rear suspension changes seemed to work out real nice. What did Sinatra say, “I did it my way”!!! Oh, all runs were on the foot brake. :mrgreen:

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

Good for you Mikey 🙂 I felt the same way at the Dover Drags with Willie the Welder (original owner/builder) of the MG sitting on the line and me driving the car to 10.60s runs . I can put the car away now if I wanted I did everything I wanted to 😎 😎

Pat

masracingtd1167
                                                    Participant

Nice job Mickie Congrat’s!

kman
                                                        Participant

way to go mikey !! .. dang !! .. we was down in florida for the holidays ( valrico, bradenton. anna maria island, the villages) … man it didn’t dawn on me that some racin’ might be goin’ on …would have come out to meet ya’… congrats on them 9 second runs !! …

tomblake
                                                            Participant

Way to go Mikey says it all. Great, wish I was there to see it.

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.