Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Repairs for Papa’s Toy. From Engine woes, to now it GOES!!

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 414 total)
  • Author
    john-sachs-sr
    Participant

SWEEEET !!!

tomatohead
        Participant

MIKEY must have REALLY FELT NICE ❗ runnin’ the car 😀 ❗ ….Looks like we Know Now ❓ what were up against when we pull into the lane next to YOU 😀 Thats GREAT that your car is HOOKED-UP and FLYIN’ 😀 CAR LOOKS GREAT ❗ I Think “ROXREC” took this picture of us in the staging lanes at the 2nd race at Island Dragway , I ran V-Bob in timetrial , so maybe next time will run , ITLL BE LOTS OF FUN 😀

Attachments:

mikey

OOOO. Got a delivery from Fed Ex today, very strange, the box says EAGLE. Wonder what that could be?? Hmmmmm. :mrgreen:

babycakes
                Participant

O.k. Mikey,come on now….maybe ‘8’ new connecting rods perhaps? 🙄 😮 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Hey Mikey, I bet it’s “Go Fast” parts. or “Go Faster” parts.. 😆 😆
                        Hey I got our buddy (new name) Junk Yard Dog out in Texas digging
                        through those salvage yards looking for a truck frame for me. We got
                        something in the works. 😆

Frank… 😎

mikey

I know what your gonna do, Frank. You’re gonna “back half” the “FatMan”, and make it an El Camino!!!! :mrgreen:

mikey

Wonder what is going on with these FED EX and UPS Trucks keep loosing parts in front of my house?? 😮 2 days ago I found a heavy box that had Eagle Crankshafts on it, and today I found another box that had Wiseco Pistons on it!! 😯 The Piston Box has .040 flat top, 2 valve reliefs for 6″ rods written on it, and the Eagle Box has 3.75″ Stroke. Hmmmm, wonder what’s up?? 😕 I’ll have to check with my Crew Chief Tasha, and see what’s going on. :mrgreen:

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Mikey, it doesn’t look like your crew chief is going to spill the beans ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

babycakes
                                    Participant

Mikey and Frank, Tasha ain’t happy with those high ‘9’ numbers! She’s looking for at least some consistent 9.5’s out of ‘Papa’s Toy’!!! 🙄 😆 Pete.

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Pete, Just like a typical crew chief, they always want more ❗ 😆

Frank… 😎

mikey

Well, my original plan was to turn my little 355 into a 383. I have decided not to touch the bottom end on that engine, it runs too good. I’ll just use the intake and the Brodix heads, nothing else. I have a bare block that I’ve been saving for a rainy day, and it’s starting to pour. I so far have an Eagle crank, Eagle 6″ 4340 I beam rods, and .040 over Wiseco pistons, a bare block, and an oil pan and gasket(race pan). I have a lot of time to get this done, and on a fixed income, you’ve got to wait for some extra cash to come in. Well, you guys tell me what you think of my plan. ………………..Mikey :mrgreen:

tomblake
                                                Participant

Good plan Mikey, hope you win the lottery so you can start real soon.

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Mikey,sounds like an ‘ambitious’ plan to me! Like you said, no real hurry,and making it ‘right’!!! 😉 🙂 Pete.

mikey

Juan Carlos, my friend that drives the car until I can, called me yesterday and said why not put his engine in the car. I forgot that he bought our friend Tony’s 383. I know the motor, and it’s got almost the same internals that mine will have. This should give me a good baseline for my motor. This engine ran 10.20s in a car that weighs a little over 600lbs more than my Willys. I should be able to run nines with it no problem. …………………Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

OLD Skool Rule A tenth of a second for every 100 lbs…still hold true?

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 414 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.