Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 1,966 through 1,980 (of 7,852 total)
  • Author
    mikey

Hey Maso, why the double post? Is your computer stuttering? Just kidding. I think the car will go a lot faster than 10.41, we’ll see. I’m thinking high 6.30s to low 6.40s in the eighth, and whatever that transfers over to in the quarter. Won’t know until I try it. I just know that I’m glad I took the car for the tests, I’m happy with the results, and now I have a baseline for several things I want to do and try. …………..Mikey 😎 😆

dino
        Keymaster

Back on the road with the Trick Truck. Down at the dealer all afternoon, Friday…tired of the massive leaks on my driveway. Had some ‘senoir Moments’ fixed yesterday….Valve cover gasket-Pan Gasket-Side lifter access plate gasket…dumb master cylinder Reservoir rubber bushings….Guess when you get 17 years old your gaskets fall apart…having the same problem at 63. 😆 ….did ‘Get My Money Back”…Lettered the parts truck,Courtesy Shuttle van and installed two 4X8 signs while they worked on the truck. AND now have increased oil pressure ..nice to see how clean the rockers were ,with the valve cover off…pays to change oil regurly. amazing !.truck still runs like a raped ape. Ford Tough !

bossguy

Did you try the engine oil dye Dino?

dino
                Keymaster

Didn’t have to BossMan..it was obvious once we got it on the lift …..cleaned it off and ran it arouund town and back. Good thing is …real seal intact.

babycakes
                    Participant

Dino,your lucky with just gaskets.My 93 and 95 F150’s I had to replace the oil pans due to ‘rust-out’.The only ‘plus’ for me was they were 2 wheel drive.4 wheel drives are a ‘bummer’ to replace the pan assy.I only wish ‘Ford’ still had the 300 6 cyl.a very dependable work horse,for many miles.And as you stated,keeping the oil ‘clean’ is a must for them!

don-kauer

Big Al’s a Washout today……..I rode by at 8:30 AM and it was raining so hard I did not get out of the car…I saw a few cars in the lot and a few people but for most it was a no show……..Too bad…Al always has a great show 🙁

babycakes
                            Participant

Well,here we go again! Another ‘week’ of on and off rain and flooding predicted for here in upstate N.Y. Possibly ‘ark’ building time is in store? Looking at the south and the flooding there getting ‘hammered’ with,I should complain? Cleanup afterwards,gotta be the PITS for those poor people!

dino
                                Keymaster

Out of shop most of day doing sign stuff…back at the keyboard tomorrow…we have rain coming too for rest of week.

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Who’s going to The Valley for the MUSCLEPALOOZA ???
                                        I’m going to try and get the Vega to the track!
                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant
                                            don-kauer

Hey V………..If it would stop raining I could finish the paint on the trailer..Needs a weld on the right side fender in the rear……Other then that it should be good to go…Good tires, wheel bearings packed, etc………..Also it’s a 2″ ball…………Hope you’re feeling better………..I’ll call…… :)…………..Don…….

babycakes
                                                Participant

I’m tempted to go Bob,only if you do make it to the event.Let me know for sure,o.k.? Hey Paul,Pat D,and brother Mike gonna bring there race cars to this event also?How about it guys?

patina
                                                    Participant

Pete we are not quite ready yet. I emptied out my 38′ trailer in anticipation of selling it and am going to Maryland Sunday to pick up a 24′ trailer we bought from Drake. Anybody want used and new classic chevy parts, I’m cleaning out all these parts, whats left anyway 🙄

Pat

babycakes
                                                        Participant

Thanks for the response Pat,have a ‘safe’ trip down and back from Maryland!

frank-j-majauskas
                                                            Participant

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASSIE !!! Hope you had a great day.
                                                                Best Wishes,
                                                                Frank……………

Viewing 15 posts - 1,966 through 1,980 (of 7,852 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.