Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 2,056 through 2,070 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

WHOS GOING TO THE VALLEY SUNDAY ???
        Right now Weather Underground is calling 40% chance of dampness !
        Whos in ??? Whos out ????

‘V’

patina
        Participant

Hope you have a good day V, it was cloudy in Rhinebeck and rained very little. Didn’t matter to the “Dover ” crew we were inside. Tons of people coming up with Dover stories, Brian even got a lead on more trophys.

Pat

babycakes
            Participant

Bob,as you know,I’m standing by,until they call it! I’m like you hoping Mother Nature gives us Dover guys a ‘break’!

dino
                Keymaster

Major Shop computor malfunction…reporting in on mama’s Home unit. Happened this morning. My cyber whiz kid will pick it up Monday first thing….good grief ! 😯

gene-terenzio-sr
                    Participant

How’s this for an old man installing a hexagon window?

We had a coal stove in the basement ,I took it out and had big hole in the wall (It’s 16 in. thick)
                        So i installed this window to cover the hole.

Attachments:

babycakes
                        Participant

Gene,you did ‘real’ good! Bob Vila would be proud of you! Seriously,you did a nice and neat job!

gene-terenzio-sr
                            Participant

The story is,
                                We had a coal stove in the basement,
                                It was one of those self feeding units,
                                It worked great, but it made the house
                                become full of coal dust,
                                So what ever money we saved in heating bills
                                we spent on cleaning product’s plus
                                all the time it takes to clean the dust.
                                So we decided to go with a propane heater,
                                That left me with a 15 x15 hole in the wall,
                                The siding I have is no longer available
                                so the window was the other option.
                                I ordered it from Lowe’s,
                                it comes with only a single pain glass
                                I planed on getting the glass changed to an insulated glass.
                                It took 2 weeks to get the window,
                                when i went to pick it up I picked up the box and heard
                                some thing fall inside the box, i asked the clerk to open the box
                                and the glass was broken, So I told them I would still take the window if
                                they gave me a deal on it, Original price was $98.00,
                                I got it for $45.00 the insulated glass cost me $75.00,
                                It was going to cost me that anyway so I saved $53.00.
                                My wall is 14 in. wide so I had to make an extension to fit the wall,
                                As I was nailing & gluing the wood together with the nail gun,
                                slipped and shot a nail right true my thumb
                                I screamed like a little girl,It really didn’t hurt,
                                I guess it was the shock of seeing the nail sticking
                                true my thumb, any way i pulled it out and soaked it in peroxide
                                it took me about 10 hours to make the extension and install the window.
                                I could have put two motors together in that time, ( when I was younger,
                                it sucks getting old but it beats the alternative) 😆 😆 😀

maso
                                Participant
                                    quote Maso:

Is Jefferson Paigeland Dragway 1320 feet…?

Is Coastal Plains Dragway too far east… is it on the Atlantic coast…?

Dino…

Can you answer this…? Please…?

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        A Sunday at The Valley with friends and racing!
                                        First I’d like to thank my sponsors,OH, wait a min. I dont have any sponsors!!!
                                        I do want to thank everyone who helped me get there and race today!
                                        ‘V’

Attachments:

patina
                                        Participant

Good going VB 😎 😎 😎 Now that the MC show is over I can concentrate on the MG running again.

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Very interesting:
                                                Most users ever online was 78 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:40 am

mikey

Great job, V. They are some nice looking time slips. Pretty decent 60 ft times, and your 1/8th mile is decent too. I think we will match up fairly well in August, can’t wait to see you guys again. You seem to be right on as far as your RT. I’m still a little slower than I should be, but I’m trying real hard! ……………..Mikey 😆

babycakes
                                                    Participant

I was with V Bob,along with Kipp and Mike at the Valley Sunday.Sad to say alot were deterred by the weather forecast,however,it turned out to be a ‘perfect’ racing day! Sun came out,a slight cool north breeze.The car show and parts swap meet were very few than normal.Same with the drag cars.I was proud with V Bob and his Vega with his performance and consistency,getting better each time down the 1/4 with mid 10.0’s! All in all we had a great time to say the least! I only wish more ‘Dover’ drag cars could have made it.Also congrats to Erin with her Mustang,she was right on her game with dial in consistency! Way to go girl!

masracingtd1167
                                                        Participant

Almost done with mine gonna try and test this sunday at the valley

masracingtd1167
                                                            Participant

Do you remember when a dragster had only one wire and that was for the mag .Boy things shure have changed!

Viewing 15 posts - 2,056 through 2,070 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.