Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,061 through 3,075 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

OH, almost forgot The Stones 50th anniversary!!
        Song of the day!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InRDF_0lfHk
        Kauer,you go on watch in 15 mins. DONT BE LATE!! ‘V’

vbob
        Participant

HEY

I see “Wild Willie” Borsch’s dummy arm from the funny car is up for bid on Ebay!
            ‘V’

babycakes
            Participant

Welcoming with open arms tomorrow,finally the break with this heat and humidy,THANK GOODNESS! Don’t know how you ‘southern’ boys deal with it,gotta be ‘manditory’ to have a/c in your cars,work,and home?

masracingtd1167
                Participant

Heading up to Epping tomorrow for the divisional . Were gona give it our best shot .Meeting Wayne and B.J. AT 4AM .

don-kauer

Hey Mas………Just a quick hi and I have been following your posts…Good luck this weekend.. 😀 …..Don…

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Hey Billy, Just wishing your team a great weekend. Weather looks nice and I’ll keep
                            my fingers crossed for your magic “6” sec. run. 😆 Don’t forget your Casey hat ❗ 😆

Frank…

babycakes
                            Participant

Yeah Billy ‘overdue’ for that magic ‘6’ number! Good luck guys ❗

tomblake
                                Participant

Good luck Billy. Looks like we all are hoping to see you in the 6’s.

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY

Summer song of the day!

Who went to this place that this song is about???
                                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkNVwV5zquM ‘V’

dino
                                        Keymaster

V… never went BUT Freedie Cannon did the Song that put it out to the masses…You could see it across the river on the old west side highway….NYC

patina
                                            Participant

I was there and Rye playland also, probably on Jr. and Sr. class trips. Kinda like how it was going to Dover in the 60s. No cares or worries, plenty of girls, cars, fun. You needed a dime to call your folks on a payphone. No tweets the only mail costs .04 cents. Gas at .18 cents cheese pizza slice .15 cents. Korea over we liked Ike and no Viet Nam yet.Worlds Fair in Flushing Meadow almost every day I just walked there. I went for a ride in SWC B/GS car, knew a lot of east coast gasser guys personally. Would take the train and busses all over. Walked on the boardwalk at Rockaway beach and met Gov. Rockerfeller and Mayor Lindsey. One time while ice skating in Central Park I got together with Robert Kennedy and about a dozen of his kids. What could be better.

Add this to song of the day. http://youtu.be/xufxKCC1NJ8

Then 1969 came.

Pat

tomblake
                                                Participant

I know we can’t go back and it is just too bad we didn’t know than it was maybe the best times of our lives. Oh for the good old days and simpler times.
                                                    Maybe we are living those times through the Dover site and the new/old friends we are getting back with at the Dover get togethers.

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Funny,being only a 15 minute ride to Palisades Park,I never went there,although all my sisters did! As a ‘youngster’,two places my parents would take us to.One was Olympic Park,in Irvington,N.J. (lots of games,rides,and large swimming pool).The other was Bertrand’s Island,Lake Hopatcong,N.J. (small park,with a great ‘ole’ roller coaster).Once becoming a teenager,’hot-rods’,girls,and partying took over my brain (normal,right?).Anyhow,after Palisades Park closed up, the ride ‘Flight to Mars’ was purchased and installed at ‘Gaslight Village’,Lake George,N.Y. (now my stomping ground area). Unfortunately, ‘ALL’ are gone now,and but a memory in our lives,just like Dover unfortunately.Many thanks to Smokey,Grover,Dino,and Brian,who rekindled our memories of Dover Dragstrip that continue now,and also for our future!

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Just got this from Sue Bell posted yesterday on the Lebanon Valley Facebook page:
                                                            Please keep Jim Knights, our track photographer and webmaster and his wife, Diane in your prayers. Jim is in the hospital in ICU awaiting by-pass surgery. ~Sue

don-kauer

Being from N.Y. I went to Palisades Park many times.Over the GW Bridge near Ft. lee …I must say it was better then Playland or Freedomland because there were more concerts and girls..It was the “happening” place back in the day…..Having said that I spent many days and nights at Playland, also a very cool place 😎 😎 😎

Viewing 15 posts - 3,061 through 3,075 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.