Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Who’s on line? the DAILY ‘CHAT’ that never ends

Viewing 15 posts - 3,466 through 3,480 (of 7,851 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

HEY

Don, lets go to Da Nang and chill for a couple of days!
        ‘V’
        link editted -“it said a bad word” 😯

dino
        Keymaster

OK it’s over..can’t change the win light….somebody wins…somebody loses..Popular Vote showed 5050- almost drew a line right down the middle…..by law of averages…half the folks on this forum went one way…half the other…go figure…..As Bobby Lagana sr.told me two years ago(and he’s been around longer than most and been through about 12 presidents-gas imbargos-end of muscle cars -race riots -viet nam -the peace movement -the assasination of one President -the firing of another-Iran -Iraq -Afganistan-and all the rest):

“Whatever way you did things before…….Doesn’t work anymore”

Be fortunate enough to come to the “Dover Oasis”…..to remember a differant time…..a differant attitude….differant values…..and be Glad you were there to experiance a time that will never happen again….you CAN’T take away my memories or freindships I made……..Tomorrow is a new day…..Lets put it on the shelf…..I must say ….Don and V-Bob say it like they see it…and I will fight for their to right to say it. I value Highly the old guys I found through this Forum and ALL THE NEW GUYS that I’ve met…we’re a special breed…can’t take that from us. We should ALL ‘have each others back’…..Thats the way the” DOVER FAMILY” grew up. We got a Race to plan….some parts to clean….and some adjustments to make….check the air pressure…pour another cup of coffee…..we do what we gotta do…..time trials at 10….eliminations at 2….and no speeding on the return road 😆

babycakes
            Participant

Dino,I share my feelings and thoughts with Don and V Bob,and you put it in prospective Dino,us ‘ole’ farts seen it all (good times and sad times,and struggled alot) but thank the Lord,our faith was always being proud to be an American! And your right,try and accept the ‘new’ generation ways of thinking,and look back in the rear view mirror of our past,those ‘golden’ memories no one can ever take from us! “Action speaks louder then words”!!! I hope the President wakes up,and follows through,what he once again sez he’s gonna do for our country,and make us proud to be an American once again! Take no ‘offense’ for those ODF members who voted for him,just giving my 2 cents,that’s all.

mikey

X2 !! ………….Mikey 😆

dino
                    Keymaster

Thanks Cakes…With the latest Storm and the Still out of power OR no house left at all for many …lets focus on helping where we can to who we can. Just saw How Lew Lombardo (Ultimate Restoration-Danbury) ran his car big box trailer & Truck all the way to NYC to deliver a load of donated food & Supplies spearheaded by Don Clady and his Connecticut Cruise News poeple…thats what its all about.

His Quote From FaceBook:
                        Lew Lombardo
                        “Don Clady and myself and Walt and many more people put together food and clothing and brought it to Staten Island and gave it to them and let me tell you they needed it.The joy of helping others is greater then you thin”
                        Thanks Lew !

dino
                        Keymaster

Veterans Day in 2012 is on Sunday, the 11th of November.

In the United States, Veterans Day is usually observed on November 11. However, if it occurs on a Sunday then the following Monday is designated for holiday leave
                            … Banks & Schools closed Down Here…Lets DO IT UP RIGHT.

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Hey Guys, Just wanted to bring this up. It’s 2 years today that we lost our dear friend
                                Billy “Speed” Casey. (Aug. 9, 1946–Nov. 8, 2010) How time flies !! In the last couple years, we’ve lost a number of members and friends of the Dover family. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers…..Thank you………

Frank…
                                ps. Please excuse the incorrect posting date and time…

babycakes
                                Participant

Frank,thank you for reminding us ; a “GREAT” loss to all of us who knew Billy (‘Speed’).I can’t believe within the last few years,how many Dover friends we have lost and miss so much! It certainly changed my feelings and attitude to appreciate those who are still with us from the ‘ole’ Dover Days when we get together for reunions or nostalgia drag racing! Count our blessings as they say!

dino
                                    Keymaster

IN OUR FOR SALE: the old A&W Texaco, 72 Chevy stepside that ran at Dover back in the early seventies along with the Chiseler. Trying to get more info & contact #.Joe Riolo in Woodbury.

SEE:
                                        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=3969

mikey
                                            quote Frank J. Majauskas:

Hey Guys, Just wanted to bring this up. It’s 2 years today that we lost our dear friend
                                            Billy “Speed” Casey. (Aug. 9, 1946–Nov. 8, 2010) How time flies !! In the last couple years, we’ve lost a number of members and friends of the Dover family. Please keep them all in your thoughts and prayers…..Thank you………

Frank…
                                            ps. Please excuse the incorrect posting date and time…

I will always remember the day, because my Mom passed away on November 7th, 2009. The 7th, and the 8th, are very special days for me. I lost too very good friends. 😥

dino
                                            Keymaster

Been quite a week…storms-election…typical Month really…SO …need a break.Heading out to Greenboro ( 2hr. ride) To See the WHO in concert. 🙂

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

In that case. http://youtu.be/DNpRpEQOAOg

Pat

dino
                                                    Keymaster
                                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Been quite a week…storms-election…typical Month really…SO …need a break.Heading out to Greenboro ( 2hr. ride) To See the WHO in concert. 🙂

Heres A video…not that good audio (people in audiance singing along) But gives you the Idea of the Visual performace…Not bad guitar playing for a 68 year old.And heres one of My photos…they ALWAYS give referance to the 60’s struggles:

gets good about 3:20

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Heres a few more shots..”60’s flashback”…Ok thats over…back to the “normal’ .

Attachments:

don-kauer

I know I’ve said that I would say no more but with VETERANS DAY just hours away my heart is heavy and I need to add just one more thing……..I want to THANK all the A–HOLES that voted on your social issues and NOT on the survival of OUR country……Man am I so sorry that I gave 27 months and 18 days of my youth for all you jerkoffs….I would have been better off laying up somewhere smoking dope…..Now you can all go stew in the crap you’ve helped create…Have fun… 👿

Viewing 15 posts - 3,466 through 3,480 (of 7,851 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.